++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-04-2003, 10:24 PM   #1
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
So, besides the new singer for the project, Is brian Going to be in this band? I hope so. Perhaps this could be a new begining for creed and turn into a permanent deal. Kinda like an audioslave deal.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:42 PM   #2
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
so youre saying they just get a new singer and become bigger than the original band? its goin to be hard to be bigger than Creed
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 12-05-2003, 04:59 AM   #3
hide
USER INFO »
I don't think they will be half as big as Creed but as long as great music is put out. I hear these Marshall rumours and it would be good if they can all patch up their differences.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:15 AM   #4
CollectiveSoul
USER INFO »
i think they could be at least Socialburn famous
Old 12-05-2003, 09:08 AM   #5
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
<!--QuoteBegin-CollectiveSoul+12-05-2003 07:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CollectiveSoul @ 12-05-2003 07:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i think they could be at least Socialburn famous [/b][/quote]
heh - seeing the new "Creed" band at The Rave for $15... that would be awsome!! Beats going to Alpine Valley Ampitheater and paying over $50!

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-05-2003, 09:10 AM   #6
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
sounds good to me
Old 12-05-2003, 12:48 PM   #7
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
He's in. I mean, Brian is practing with Mark and Flip, but he didn't sign a contract yet.

I'm thinking maybe Stapp could record it and they can get another singer for touring. Do you think that could be possible? It would be cool and good for everybody. ehh... not that good
Old 12-05-2003, 01:46 PM   #8
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-musicmind226+12-05-2003 03:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (musicmind226 @ 12-05-2003 03:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So, besides the new singer for the project, Is brian Going to be in this band? I hope so. Perhaps this could be a new begining for creed and turn into a permanent deal. Kinda like an audioslave deal.[/b][/quote]
Creed isn't Creed without Stapp. If they wanna do their own music, fine and good...but if they think they can recreate Creed with a different singer...its simply four guys trying to be the same band they came from. Audioslave doesn't sound like the two bands that make them up. I don't wanna hear some re-hashed Creed sound-alike...I prefer the real thing. If they wanna do their own thing, then do something different, and don't try to cash in on Creed's success by imitating it.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:26 PM   #9
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Jooji_2+12-05-2003 03:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jooji_2 @ 12-05-2003 03:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Creed isn't Creed without Stapp. If they wanna do their own music, fine and good...but if they think they can recreate Creed with a different singer...its simply four guys trying to be the same band they came from. Audioslave doesn't sound like the two bands that make them up. I don't wanna hear some re-hashed Creed sound-alike...I prefer the real thing. If they wanna do their own thing, then do something different, and don't try to cash in on Creed's success by imitating it. [/b][/quote]
blah blah blah blah

Dear Stapp lil widow,

Audioslave has a completely different concept from RATM. They didn't want the same kind of music.

The new band is gonna rock, with or without Stapp, just face it: Creed wasn't a band of one man, it was a gathering of talented musicians. 3 of them are still the same. Creed's sucess was only due Stapp's voice and lyrics (50% percent of them written by Mark as well). Look at the number of Tremonti wanna bes on Creed boards... look how many bassists still admire Brian. Flip has his own fan site.

Welcome to the real world!
Old 12-05-2003, 04:40 PM   #10
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: blah blah blah blah

Dear Stapp lil widow,

Audioslave has a completely different concept from RATM. They didn't want the same kind of music

I do believe she was agreeing with musicmind in her post

Creed~~Bullets
Old 12-05-2003, 05:53 PM   #11
benkenobi
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-facelessman+12-04-2003 10:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (facelessman @ 12-04-2003 10:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> so youre saying they just get a new singer and become bigger than the original band? its goin to be hard to be bigger than Creed [/b][/quote]
Hell yeah it's going to be hard to beat out anything Creed did. I'm sorry Mark but if you're going to do this new band and don't find a good lead singer then it's not going to sell. So much of the media attention and radio play is based on a band's lead singer these days. I think Scott would do fine on a solo project, but Mark would have to find a singer.
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)
Old 12-05-2003, 06:13 PM   #12
RMadd
USER INFO »
I would guess they'll change if Tremo has anything to do w/ it (which he will)... after all, he's more into the metal stuff, so....

Old 12-05-2003, 06:46 PM   #13
facelessman
USER INFO »
theyll be fine
Old 12-05-2003, 08:04 PM   #14
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
Seriously, am I the only person who seems optomistic about this side project? Personally I think it will kick ass. Also, there are to many stapp fanatics, if you think scott stapp is god, fine, but he's not. And obviously, he wanted to do something of his own for awhile. Bands do change, and logically I think it won't e quite as big as creed because there no stapp, and so many people viewd creed like stapp was he only member. Remeber there were two other members, three if you counted brett.

Hell, this has not even become a total reality, meaning this band has not toally formed, so why bash it? Or talk like nothing good at ALL can come from this. If flip, brian, and tremo wanted to cash in on creeds success, then would it not be just as easy to get a singer that sounds just like stapp? I mean, the fact that there holding audiontions indicates other wise. This project will be whats it's going to be, like it or lump it. And I'm sure as hell am not going to be so ignorant as to jump to conclusions when it's not happend yet.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:15 AM   #15
facelessman
USER INFO »
i think Tremonti and flip will rock like none other