++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 02-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Mother fakes story about baby thrown out of car!

Once again How do some people look at themselves in the mirror?

FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida (CNN) -- A Florida woman who reported seeing a newborn tossed out of a moving car made up the story and is actually the boy's mother, Broward County Sheriff Ken Jenne said Friday.

Patricia Pokriots, 38, "made up an incredible story," but acknowledged what she had done while being questioned by authorities Friday, he said.

The 1-day-old infant -- an 8-pound, 2-ounce boy -- is "absolutely perfect," he said.

Pokriots was committed for observation at a hospital Friday "at our urging," Jenne said.

"The only charge I can think of charging against [Pokriots] would be making a false police report," the sheriff said.

Under Florida's "safe harbor" law, a parent can turn a newborn up to 3 days old over to authorities with no questions asked.

Authorities will seek court permission to take the infant -- as well as another son, who is 10 -- into state custody, he said. Pokriots made clear she wants to give up the infant, Jenne said.

Pokriots acknowledged fabricating the story under questioning Friday, Jenne said.

She said she learned she was pregnant a couple of months ago and did not tell anyone, he said.

Pokriots seemed nervous when she turned the child over at a sheriff's office Thursday, Jenne said, adding it would be understandable for anyone who just found a baby to be shaken.

But he said authorities began to doubt her story as the questioning continued.

Pokriots told authorities Thursday that the baby had been tossed from a white car driving about 5 mph.

Friday, she admitted she "gave birth in the bathroom of her mother's house at 1:30 on Thursday" and decided to drive to a fire station to leave the baby, he said.

On the way, she saw two people in a white car arguing, and "she decided to build a story around it," Jenne said.

Other witnesses saw the same couple in the same white car arguing, he said.

The baby, with its umbilical cord still attached, was taken to Broward Medical Center. Nurses nicknamed the boy "Johny" after his attending physician, Johny Tryzmel.

Jenne said Pokriots, who is a waitress at a bar, has a previous charge of aggravated battery.

Authorities said many people have called about adopting the infant, but they said he is not up for adoption.

'Safe haven' law
Florida law says a parent of a newborn up to three days of age may leave the infant at any hospital, emergency medical services facility or fire station without having to give a name.

The parent may still make a claim for the child until a court rules on parental rights.

Only in cases where authorities suspect abuse can a parent be investigated.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 02-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #2
HigherGirl
USER INFO »
What a sick a$$..........
I'm amazed some people are ALLOWED to have children!!
Old 02-11-2005, 08:56 PM   #3
creedsister
USER INFO »
its obvious no doubt she got probleams i will keep her in prayer I heared About This One
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-11-2005, 10:14 PM   #4
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Holy shit! I saw this story on the news this morning but at that time all I heard was a 'good samaritan' found the baby and reported it to the police. That's just awful! She is in serious need of help.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.