++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-12-2003, 03:56 PM   #16
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
I as well fell in love with them before I ever saw them!  It is plain and simply discusting how people treat over weight people!... As far as Scott, well he would look great to me no matter what! His spirit is so bright it literally blinds me sometimes!

I couldn't agree with you more, Jen. I'm overweight right now and am working on losing weight, more for my health than anything else. I do my best to treat everyone the same, regardless of their appearance. You can't judge a book by it's cover, the saying goes and I've found that to be very true. As for Scott, I love your quote about his spirit!! That's how I feel about him too, his spirit just blew me away at the NYE show. I unfortunately wasn't as close to the stage as I would have like to have been but from what I saw through my binoculars, he looked mighty fine!! I just hope the next time, I'll be in the pit so I'll have a better view and won't need the binoculars!!!

Relearn Love
Old 01-12-2003, 04:20 PM   #17
njcreedite
USER INFO »
I was up close (about 3 feet away) at the NYE show... Scott looked, acted, and sounded great. I agree, it's whats on the inside that should count. People are just very critical, exspecially if someone is famous. They build them up so they can knock them down Don't understand why....
Remember why you fell in love with Creed? The music. That's all that really matters, not their looks. That's just bonus.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 01-12-2003, 04:21 PM   #18
mommydutson
USER INFO »
i am a mother of 5 i was very thin about 132 (5'7' and big bones)
until i had my first i seemed preg all the time and gained a lot of weight having them my youngest is now 3 and i am just starting to lose the weight. PPL treat me different because i was/am big and look at you like you are a freak. over the years i would tourtute myself trying to be the thin is in person and finally have given up. I am still detirmined to lose the last 25 pounds but not because of others but for myself.Screw you if you don't like the way i look. it is what is inside that counts and not to toot my own horn but I AM BEAUTIFUL!!!
Old 01-12-2003, 05:07 PM   #19
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I agree with you 100% MD!! I am probably about 35 pounds overweight right now, but I feel good, I go to the gym, I work on getting myself in better shape. If the scale still says I'm overweight but I feel good and people tell me that I look good, screw the scale. And screw those that think the perfect woman is a size 6. (NO offense to the size 6 women on the bb, you are beautiful as well!!)

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-12-2003, 05:26 PM   #20
hotforscott
USER INFO »
LOL, Teri, I don't think anyone who is a size 6 would take offense. I need to be about a size 6, For me a 3 is too big, a 1, I can fit in, but I'm not into the tight stuff so a 2 is about right, but I am working on putting some meat on my bones. I am way too tiny. You can't see my ribs or anything, I wear it well (LOL), but I could stand to gain a couple of pounds. Everyone always says, "you look great to have had 2 kids!," but they don't understand that doctors consider being underweight just as unhealthy as being overweight and I have to hear about it everytime I go to the doctor.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:53 PM   #21
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Everyone is saying that Scott has a bit of a beer belly. I saw him on NYE. I had already seen him on the Billboard awards and knew that the medicine he's taking was making his face puffy. I read the reviews of the "C" concert where people were saying rude things like "Scott ... please put your shirt back on! You lost your 'sixpack' abs!" So at the NYE concert, I paid extra attention to his body (yeah ... that was REALLY the only reason! ) and I really didn't think he looked at all like he had any kind of beer belly.

I'm not sure were everyone is coming from with this. I mean ... it is obvious that he isn't as trim as he was a few years ago, but I wouldn't say he has a beer belly.

oh well ... I love him anyway!
Old 01-12-2003, 08:57 PM   #22
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I didn't see one either. I think people see what they want to see, especially if they are pissed. Then if they see a pimple, they scream that he has a horrible case of acne and is taking pills to clear up all the zits. Things just get blown way way way way out of proportion.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-12-2003, 09:10 PM   #23
JenRN
USER INFO »
Yeah Screw what the scales say! I hate the scale, barely ever get on it! I think every woman in our society has been on a diet on time or another. I myself am trying to loose weight but I am looking at it from the standpoint of "healthy lifestyle" Dieting is not healthy nor does it last. MODERATION is the key I firmly believe! Like Atkins diet soooooo unrealistic, think about eating bacon and cheese all the time and no veggies it is REALLY bad for you, I have seen people coming inot the hospital with kidney problems because of the protein amount they eat on Atkins! Like everyone says I believe overweight WOMEN are sterotyped much more than needed, hey how do you not know they have a real problem, like hormonal or something? I go through life treating others like I want to be treated. Has anyone seen the movie Shallow Hal? The one with Gwenyth Paltrow, it shows how she was treated when grossly obese, really showed how Shallow people really are!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-12-2003, 09:49 PM   #24
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Yep, that movie made people see bow it felt on the other side.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:16 AM   #25
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
Quote: Originally posted by PaulMcCoygirl
Some people are just so shallow that they only look at beauty first before personality. It's sad how looks determine the kind of person you are.

you're so right!too sad,but it happens to all of us