++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #16
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I Got A Bit Upset by a Billboard

NICKMILLER I,am A CAPTIAL Thats Why Im So Adapted To Captializing Its Just Me Now Boys If You Going Have Death Match JUST WHATCH The Kidney Punches But If You Guys Can Be Good And Stop Insulting me Pushing And Kicking And After The Both Of Ya,s knock Each Other Out We Can Play The Be Nice Game And Who Ever Is The Best Gets A Prize k
Old 11-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #17
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

No, I don't think they were exagerated I think that many of them were just plain ol made up. I think whoever wrote the bible knew of Christ and took the man who was an amazing person and a great leader and gave him superpowers. I don't think Christ would have wanted a book written about him and deffenitly it should be given away for free, not sold. Look at the vatican? Christ must be spinning in his grave when he sees that monstrosity.

The thing is though, that could probably really only be the case if the Gospel accounts were written long after Christ was gone, and that just doesn't seem to be the case at all. It's pretty much accepted by most everyone that Matthew and John were written by the disciples of the same name, that Mark was written by I believe John Mark, a young man who traveled with the disciples, and Luke by the man Luke, who was actually a doctor, and who traveled with Peter I believe and certainly accompanied Paul on many of his journeys. The main point being though that they were all first hand accounts by men who traveled with and walked with Jesus or his disciples. So therefore there was plenty of opportunity for people to "correct" these accounts and say, "Jesus never did these supernatural things." But that never occurred. I do agree with some criticisms of the Vatican and Catholicism as a whole, actually. But, I won't go there as I have known several Catholics who I consider friends, some of whom have been very good friends, so I really won't go down that road right now.

Off the top of my head? Not specifically. I do not remember who exactly it was but it was a man who lived in a cave with his two daughters and the two daughterrs got him drunk a seduced him. The thing is I don't think the worlds population was ever that low ( I DO NOT believe in evolution by the way).

[color="Blue"]In a sense we'll probably wind up agreeing to disagree on certain things, as it seems you already more or less mentioned. But the man was actually the same man who offered his daughters, that man being Lot. This actually occurred after both Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, and Lot's wife looked back as the family was leaving and became a pillar of salt. So the daughters then took it upon themselves to do this because they believed there was no one available to continue Lot's seed line, no woman for him and no man for them. Now I'm glad you made mention of this, because it made me do some digging. Each daughter bore a son by their father Lot, and one of them was named Moab, the father of the Moabites, and the other was named Ben-Ammi, the father of the children of Ammon. Now, it's actually quite clear that God did not approve of this, because it was said that they were begotten in shame, and they did have a shameful history. They were always separated from the children of the tribes of Israel and were basically outsiders,even though they were of the same people basically, at least originally. [/COLOR

While you raise a good point about it possibly not being aproved of by god I find it was heavily implied that it was. What else could he do? 1). tell them to leave. 2). He has angels there, can't they do something about it? Or atleast ask god to kill them. or 3). Let them rape the angels. If you were in that situation would you give your daughters to a bunch of crazy men?

Sir, we are never going to agree on the meaning of scripture haha. Simply because something I think is factually and morally wrong you think is the way people should live their lives. Maybe I am right, Maybe you are right, Maybe we are both right, Maybe neither of us are right. I'll lead my life by what i think is right and you lead your by what you think is right. What happens will happen.
But aside from the fact that the bible says homosexuality is wrong. Can you give me a good reason why you think it is wrong or why even if you do disaprove people should not be able to live their lives the way they want?

Well I would have to say I would not give my daughters to a bunch of crazy men. Actually, what did wind up happening is the angels blinded them when these men would not take no for an answer, and had no interest in his daughters. So I suppose you could say in some strange way it worked out. Other than that, not knowing myself all the customs and ways of the people at that time, I don't know if I'll have a satisfactory answer for you right now or ever. I do know Lot was a man, and men good and bad indifferent have all sinned and none are perfect.

For me, in all honesty, having God say it's wrong and an abomination is enough for me. I can't argue that or doubt that and be a Christian. I'm not judging anyone else in saying that who calls himself or herself Christian but who thinks homosexuality is fine. I do think it goes against the the laws of nature put in place simply in the fact that obviously there can be no natural means of reproduction. There are some health and sanitary issues with it as well with two men especially, but I don't know if we need to even go down that road either.

That said, I agree that people have a right and the freedom to more or less do what they want, within reason. It's why God gave us free will and it's why we have the freedoms we do in this country. At the same time, you have to understand, and I've even heard the argument made this way... civil unions are one thing because it's more of a government thing, but marriage is seen as a more sacred and religious, and in this country at least, largely Christian institution.

But Jason, I am VERY impressed with you sir. You are the anti-stereotype of a religious nut case. I respect that more than you know
~ Buried And Gone[/quote]

Thank you. There's a lot of reasonable people out there who are Christians, though yes you do have religious nuts too. Actually, I would recommend Lee Strobel's books to anyone, a series in which he interviews many credible university professors who are Christian believers on the accuracy and authenticity of the bible and on many other subjects as well. I believe he's written 4 or 5.

Jason
Old 11-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #18
nickmiller71
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing) NICKMILLER I,am A CAPTIAL Thats Why Im So Adapted To Captializing Its Just Me Now Boys If You Going Have Death Match JUST WHATCH The Kidney Punches But If You Guys Can Be Good And Stop Insulting me Pushing And Kicking And After The Both Of Ya,s knock Each Other Out We Can Play The Be Nice Game And Who Ever Is The Best Gets A Prize k

Ha, I accept his challenge. Also, sorry if I offended you! Didn't mean to.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #19
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nickmiller71) Ha, I accept his challenge. Also, sorry if I offended you! Didn't mean to.
7 times seven my brother Peace Be With Ya in all things