++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 04-15-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Iran President: Israel Will Be Annihilated

TEHRAN, Iran — The president of Iran again lashed out at Israel on Friday and said it was "heading toward annihilation," just days after Tehran raised fears about its nuclear activities by saying it successfully enriched uranium for the first time.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Israel a "permanent threat" to the Middle East that will "soon" be liberated. He also appeared to again question whether the Holocaust really happened.

"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation," Ahmadinejad said at the opening of a conference in support of the Palestinians. "The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."

Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, in his address to the conference, accused the United States of plotting to bring the Mideast region under Israeli control.

Ahmadinejad provoked a world outcry in October when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map."

On Friday, he repeated his previous line on the Holocaust, saying: "If such a disaster is true, why should the people of this region pay the price? Why does the Palestinian nation have to be suppressed and have its land occupied?"

The land of Palestine, he said, referring to the British mandated territory that includes all of Israel, Gaza and the West Bank, "will be freed soon."

He did not say how this would be achieved, but insisted to the audience of at least 900 people: "Believe that Palestine will be freed soon."

"The existence of this (Israeli) regime is a permanent threat" to the Middle East, he added. "Its existence has harmed the dignity of Islamic nations."

The three-day conference on Palestine is being attended by officials of Hamas, the ruling party in the Palestinian territories.

Khamenei accused the Bush administration of plotting against his and other Mideast countries.

"The chain of plots by the American government against Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon — aimed at governing the Middle East through the control of the Zionist regime — will not succeed," he said.

He also indicated that Iran will support the cash-strapped, Hamas-led government in the Palestinian territories, but he did not mention financial aid.

"The great Islamic nation cannot ... be indifferent and remain silent on the injustice done to you," Khamenei said, referring to Muslim states. "The Islamic nation is required to assit you in any way it can."

Iran has previously said it will give money to the Palestinian Authority to make up for the withdrawal of donations by Western nations who object to Hamas' refusal to recognize Israel and renounce violence. But no figure has been published.

On Tuesday, Ahmadinejad announced that Iran had successfully enriched uranium using a battery of 164 centrifuges, a significant step toward the large-scale production of enriched uranium required for either fueling nuclear reactors or making nuclear weapons.

The United States, France and Israel accuse Iran of using a civilian nuclear program to secretly build a weapon. Iran denies this, saying its program is confined to generating electricity.

The U.N. Security Council has given Iran until April 28 to cease enrichment. But Iran has rejected the demand.

The chief of Israeli military intelligence, Maj. Gen. Amos Yadlin, was quoted Wednesday as saying Iran could develop a nuclear bomb "within three years, by the end of the decade."
Old 04-17-2006, 01:35 AM   #2
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Re: Iran President: Israel Will Be Annihilated

So whats your suggestion? Invade Iran????

Note I heard form some analists that U.S. wont invade Iran at least this year because it could provoke the rise of the prices of the oil and gas in US and consequently it would ruin the plans of the Republicans regarding to the november's elections ...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 04-17-2006, 05:17 AM   #3
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) So whats your suggestion? Invade Iran????

Note I heard form some analists that U.S. wont invade Iran at least this year because it could provoke the rise of the prices of the oil and gas in US and consequently it would ruin the plans of the Republicans regarding to the november's elections ...

I'm not making any suggestions. I'm just merely pointing out the obvious... that this guy is nuts. First of all... if he attacks Israel... he's going to have a major uphill battle because there's a major chance that he'll have more than just the United States, Britain, and Israel to deal with. I foresee the French acting militarily, Chirac's tolerance towards Islamic extremists is wearing thin. He's already threatened to use France's military strength to attack any nation that sponsors a terrorist attack against it... and German participation because Chancellor Merkel is very anti-terror (as well as some other major European powers). This guy has completely severed ties with Europe by questioning the legitimacy of the Holocaust... and telling Europe, essentially, that the Jews are their problem.

If we're not in World War III yet, Iran is going to be the nation that sparks it. They're led by a man who makes some racist comments that are very reminiscent of Adolf Hitler... and that is creating a lot of anger in the governments of Europe's strongest nations, and the United States. Trust me, based on some recent poll numbers... an overwhelming majority of Americans would support military action against Iran's nuclear sites if we have to resort to that. This isn't Iraq or Saddam Hussein. In Iran, you have a madman who is constantly threatening to attack Israel and is parading the fact that he has nuclear ambitions within his weapons arsenal. I mean, it's not like he's just saying: "We just want nuclear energy. That's it." He's already talking about how he wants to kill every Jew in the Middle East. His anti-Semitism is going to create a lot of enemies.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:42 AM   #4
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Trust me, based on some recent poll numbers... an overwhelming majority of Americans would support military action against Iran's nuclear sites if we have to resort to that. This isn't Iraq or Saddam Hussein. In Iran, you have a madman who is constantly threatening to attack Israel and is parading the fact that he has nuclear ambitions within his weapons arsenal. I mean, it's not like he's just saying: "We just want nuclear energy. That's it." He's already talking about how he wants to kill every Jew in the Middle East. His anti-Semitism is going to create a lot of enemies.

So... are you admiting that theres no (substantial) reason for invading Iraq?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 04-17-2006, 05:48 AM   #5
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) TEHRAN, Iran — The president of Iran again lashed out at Israel on Friday and said it was "heading toward annihilation," just days after Tehran raised fears about its nuclear activities by saying it successfully enriched uranium for the first time.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Israel a "permanent threat" to the Middle East that will "soon" be liberated. He also appeared to again question whether the Holocaust really happened.

"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation," Ahmadinejad said at the opening of a conference in support of the Palestinians. "The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."

Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, in his address to the conference, accused the United States of plotting to bring the Mideast region under Israeli control.

Ahmadinejad provoked a world outcry in October when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map."

On Friday, he repeated his previous line on the Holocaust, saying: "If such a disaster is true, why should the people of this region pay the price? Why does the Palestinian nation have to be suppressed and have its land occupied?"

The land of Palestine, he said, referring to the British mandated territory that includes all of Israel, Gaza and the West Bank, "will be freed soon."

He did not say how this would be achieved, but insisted to the audience of at least 900 people: "Believe that Palestine will be freed soon."

"The existence of this (Israeli) regime is a permanent threat" to the Middle East, he added. "Its existence has harmed the dignity of Islamic nations."

The three-day conference on Palestine is being attended by officials of Hamas, the ruling party in the Palestinian territories.

Khamenei accused the Bush administration of plotting against his and other Mideast countries.

"The chain of plots by the American government against Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon — aimed at governing the Middle East through the control of the Zionist regime — will not succeed," he said.

He also indicated that Iran will support the cash-strapped, Hamas-led government in the Palestinian territories, but he did not mention financial aid.

"The great Islamic nation cannot ... be indifferent and remain silent on the injustice done to you," Khamenei said, referring to Muslim states. "The Islamic nation is required to assit you in any way it can."

Iran has previously said it will give money to the Palestinian Authority to make up for the withdrawal of donations by Western nations who object to Hamas' refusal to recognize Israel and renounce violence. But no figure has been published.

On Tuesday, Ahmadinejad announced that Iran had successfully enriched uranium using a battery of 164 centrifuges, a significant step toward the large-scale production of enriched uranium required for either fueling nuclear reactors or making nuclear weapons.

The United States, France and Israel accuse Iran of using a civilian nuclear program to secretly build a weapon. Iran denies this, saying its program is confined to generating electricity.

The U.N. Security Council has given Iran until April 28 to cease enrichment. But Iran has rejected the demand.

The chief of Israeli military intelligence, Maj. Gen. Amos Yadlin, was quoted Wednesday as saying Iran could develop a nuclear bomb "within three years, by the end of the decade."

This is a threat I know...but dont you think that this guy is talking too much?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 04-17-2006, 03:34 PM   #6
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) So... are you admiting that theres no (substantial) reason for invading Iraq?

The reason to invade Iraq is nowhere near substantial when looking at the definitive situation. However, I will say this... I still believe that the U.S. and Britain thought that a democratic Iraq would against Iran in the long run. Had Saddam Hussein still been in power... the possibility of a joint Iran/Iraq attack on their common enemy, Israel, was very likely. I'm rather glad that there is no Hussein to ally himself with Ahmadinejad .
Old 04-17-2006, 05:12 PM   #7
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

And looking in other direction...I can see that Israel is acting wrong regarding to Palestine for a long time...Sharon for isntance wasnt exactly the great guy people are trying to 'paint' him . This is not the Good Israel against the Evil Palestine. So Im not defending Ahmadinejad discourse, but isnt hard to see other nations trying to support his thoughts.
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 04-17-2006, 05:46 PM   #8
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) And looking in other direction...I can see that Israel is acting wrong regarding to Palestine for a long time...Sharon for isntance wasnt exactly the great guy people are trying to 'paint' him . This is not the Good Israel against the Evil Palestine. So Im not defending Ahmadinejad discourse, but isnt hard to see other nations trying to support his thoughts.

Yeah... but it wasn't Israel who was targeting innocent civilians. That's the difference. Palestinian terrorists would intentionally target unarmed, innocent, people. Honestly, I don't think some nations are as stupid as Ahmadinejad. How is anti-Semitism really going to benefit some of these nations? It's a very sensitive issue... and the world won't allow another Jewish Holocaust. Ahmadinejad's best bet is to just shut his mouth and to comply with the global community.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #9
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Yeah... but it wasn't Israel who was targeting innocent civilians. That's the difference. Palestinian terrorists would intentionally target unarmed, innocent, people. Honestly, I don't think some nations are as stupid as Ahmadinejad. How is anti-Semitism really going to benefit some of these nations? It's a very sensitive issue... and the world won't allow another Jewish Holocaust. Ahmadinejad's best bet is to just shut his mouth and to comply with the global community.

Im not sure about it...are you? Anyway...I dont think hard that others nations can support his crazy ideas...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 04-17-2006, 06:00 PM   #10
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Apr. 17 - Some 200 Iranians have volunteered in the past few days to carry out 'martyrdom missions' if Iran is attacked over its nuclear programme, a hardline group said.

Mohammad Ali Samadi, spokesman for the Committee for the Commemoration of Martyrs of the Global Islamic Campaign, said fresh fears over a possible U.S. attack on Iran's nuclear sites helped attract volunteers during its latest recruitment drive.

Visitors have been registering their names at a Palestinian exhibition being held at the former American Embassy in southern Tehran.

They signed a document called ''Registration form for martyrdom-seeking operations'' and pledged to ''defend the Islamic Republic's interests''.

http://today.reuters.com/tv/videoSto...4c16ddee02f06a
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 04-17-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:39 PM   #11
bilal
USER INFO »

all i'll say....watch the movie MUNICH
Old 04-17-2006, 08:55 PM   #12
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Im not sure about it...are you? Anyway...I dont think hard that others nations can support his crazy ideas...

A nation with a military as strong as Israel's should be going after the threat... which is terrorists. What good does blowing up people in a shopping mall do?
Old 04-17-2006, 09:00 PM   #13
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) all i'll say....watch the movie MUNICH

Yeah I saw that...great movie and honestly I thought about it while I was posting this answer to Chase.
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 04-17-2006, 09:14 PM   #14
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) A nation with a military as strong as Israel's should be going after the threat... which is terrorists. What good does blowing up people in a shopping mall do?

and ill say.............What does rotening a nation in refugee camp do?

and after reading these comments of hte Iranian president.....there in minumun....i can infere the following problems from it..........(i.e at minimun)

1- How logiical are such remarks by a president of country?..............are these remarks gona help his cause or any body's cause?...............its just gives one more reason tot hte rest of the world to attach Iran saying that the leadership this country has is a threat to the rest of the world or to sourroundng reogin........being a logical president and in situation like Iran is facing....such remarks cannot at all be called LOGICAL......so why is he letting out such remarks...................??????.............is iran a country of dumb people.......who live in homes that have ventilation emitiing gases that controls their nervous system......and they all are living zombies...........?????............may be The president of iran is a member of some Masonic brotherhood and is actually helping the eneimies of Iran to come and attack it.......???.........Just like Saddam Hussain did for Iraq..........????..........to me ....this all doesnt makes any sence and this is way too crazy

i cant find rhyme and all the reasons
lost taste to all the time and the season - (Creed - WHat if)

2= secound problem that i infere from the commments of Iranina president and thats why i refered the movie MUNICH before is Why should a nation hate Israel so much that its willing to give up all its assests and indanger it self to war and threat to its progress and welllbing of its own people..........thats where MUNICH (atleast for me) comes in to play.........the movie has asked this very same question WHY?................its a movie by a Jew (Mr. SPeilBERg) and in the end....it leaves the question to the Jewish to answere alone...........WHY? is it like the way its is................why should the rest of the world (in Particlular ISlamic world) keep on hiting agaisn Israel and why does a JEw fells so Alien to the rest of hte world.............reading the commments of Iranin PResident ....it signiifeis the need for us to decide....whats the end of this all...................???.............do we have a sollution.???.................if not...........then let things keep going on the way they are going...........let us keep killing each ohter .......hating each other................cause htere is no end to it...................???.....may be someday Iran will be attacked............???..........then what...........???............some one will blow a bomb in a mall in Israel........???? then what.............???.............some more Israelli air raids on refugee camp.............then what.......???...............a new uprising of religous extremist in next in line country like mine.........Pakistan...........then what.....???/..............my countyry gets atttacked..............i declaired a terrost rather than a Patriot because i will take up arms against attackers on my country or ill .....hehee........terrrosits and not patriot.........then what........????.................WHY?..............
Old 04-17-2006, 09:29 PM   #15
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) A nation with a military as strong as Israel's should be going after the threat... which is terrorists. What good does blowing up people in a shopping mall do?

I just wanted that Israel wasnt painted all the time as the eternal victim ...they also played an important role in this situation of intolerance in that problematic area...

Anyway I think you should see Munich...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )