++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 07-29-2003, 12:57 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Limp Bizkit Booed Off Stage

LIMP BIZKIT BOOED OFF STAGE DURING CHICAGO SANITARIUM APPEARANCE

Jul 28 - 10:06:00PM

As Metallica's Summer Sanitarium tour rolls on, Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst has faced a few hostile crowds. But on Saturday (July 26th), Durst and Limp Bizkit were booed off stage at the Hawthorne Horse Track in Stickney, Illinois, just 20 minutes into their set. While the self-proclaimed leaders of the rap-rock craze of the late 1990s have faced heckling fans during recent gigs in New York and Ohio, the derision from Metallica's Illinois fans has been the worst the group has faced so far.

The trouble started early on Saturday afternoon when a significant part of the crowd vocally jeered a mention of the band by Linkin Park. When Durst and his band appeared on stage as the sun set around 7 o'clock, the crowd booed louder. According to reports in the Chicago Sun-Times, numerous fans threw garbage on stage. Furthermore, Durst did nothing to pacify the audience, instead he encouraged the catcalls and garbage and launched into a expletive-laced tirade against the crowd and the city of Chicago. Durst announced that he would fight anyone in earshot and issued numerous sexual putdowns, curses and homophobic slurs. The reviewer from the Sun-Times felt that Durst had simply self-destructed on stage.

While the stunned crowd was silenced for a few minutes, Limp Bizkit performed a few songs, including an explicitly homophobic version of George Michael's "Faith." After only 20 minutes of playing, however, the band left the stage to the sound of more boos, and Durst continued his ranting from the wings of the stage until the sound from his microphone was cut.

Due to Durst's early departure, the crowd had to wait 90 minutes for Metallica's performance -- but they didn't seem to care. The Illinois crowd had made it clear that they preferred an empty stage to anymore of Durst's antics or the music of Limp Bizkit.
Limp Bizkit will be releasing their first new album in 3 years this fall.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 07-29-2003, 01:03 PM   #2
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
what a way to promote their new album coming this fall :lol:
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 07-29-2003, 01:09 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
OMG, that's unreal, Steve. They got a few boos in Philly, but the pit was wild for them once they started playing. Linda (njcreedite) and I left our seats for their performance. I loathe Durst and that band.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:12 PM   #4
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
This article is better, and is on MTV.com:

----

Fred Durst took his own advice at Saturday night's Summer Sanitarium show outside Chicago. When fans wouldn't do things his way, the Limp Bizkit singer hit the highway.

After suffering through an abbreviated half-hour set in which he was pelted with plastic bottles, boos and chants of "F--- Fred Durst," the head Bizkit exploded in a torrent of profanity and stormed off the stage.

The animosity toward Limp Bizkit among the estimated 40,000 fans at the Hawthorne Racetrack had been building all day, according to Bob Gendron, who reviewed the show for the Chicago Tribune. "From the very beginning of the show, there were people in the crowd with 'Fred Sucks' banners, and every time one of the other bands mentioned Limp Bizkit, [the audience] booed," said Gendron.

According to Gendron and fan reports on Limp Bizkit's Web site, Durst was hit with a shower of bottles, change and other projectiles from the moment he walked onstage around 7 p.m. The singer crouched down at first and tried to weather the storm, but he was soon calling the haters "f---ing pu----s." The boos kept coming, and during "My Generation" Durst insulted the crowd and the city with more curses and anti-gay slurs, then he dared audience members to come up and fight him.

"His first response was like, 'Bring it on!,' " said Anders Smith Lindall, who reviewed the show for the Chicago Sun-Times. "It was that thing of, 'We're Limp Bizkit and we love it when you hate us.' But then he started getting frustrated and saying things like, 'This is why your baseball teams suck. None of you are good pitchers. You can't hit me with your garbage.' "

Durst's foul mood continued through "Break Stuff," a cover of Metallica's "Sanitarium" and "My Way." After Bizkit blitzed through their cover of George Michael's "Faith," the singer walked off the stage, just six songs into what was supposed to be an hour-long set. He continued his profanity-laced tirade from offstage, with shouts about how the band would be back and boasts that, "We are the greatest band in the world!" The abbreviated performance caused a 90-minute delay between Bizkit and headliners Metallica.

Limp Bizkit's label had no comment on the incident.

The bad vibes continued when Metallica later thanked the bands on the bill, with all of the groups drawing loud applause except Bizkit, Gendron said. Lindall said the animosity might have stemmed from a long-running feud between Bizkit and popular Chicago radio personality "Mancow" Mueller, who had been slagging Durst on-air for several days leading up the concert.

Though Bizkit fared better on Sunday at Minneapolis' Metrodome, that show did not go off without a hitch. Mudvayne played to a practically empty house when they hit the stage 10 minutes early, and the Deftones had to cancel due to an undisclosed illness affecting frontman Chino Moreno, according to a report in the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 07-29-2003, 01:18 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thanks, Steve...good reading, hehehehe. The "greatest band in the world"? Durst is so delusional that it's funny. Sounds as if mancow did quite a job stirring up the pot, LOL.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:36 PM   #6
JenRN
USER INFO »
That is freaking hilarious!!!!! FINALLY people are realizing what a punk he really is! That is funny Steve, made me laugh here at work!!!! I have NEVER liked Fred Durst quite frankly I think his voice sucks and he has "short man syndrome" I guess he is compensating for something else too!:P Big attitudes like his usaully means he is lacking in other places, if you know what I mean!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 07-29-2003, 02:18 PM   #7
marlsy
USER INFO »
I never liked him either, he's finally getting what he deserves!! Fricken L-O-S-E-R
Old 07-29-2003, 02:37 PM   #8
hotforscott
USER INFO »
That is freakin' hilarious. Whoo hooo! That made my day.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:04 PM   #9
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
:lol: :lol:

That is so f***ing funny! :lol: I've been anti-Limp Bizkit ever since what Durst said about Stapp at the KROQ BBQ Concert a few years ago. That thing about "This goes out to the lead singer of Creed. That guy is an egomaniac. He's in the f-ing back, acting like he's f-ing Michael Jackson. F*** that son-of-a-b***h!" And things to that effect. It's good more and more people are starting to realize that Limp Bizkit sucks.

:lol:

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 07-29-2003, 04:17 PM   #10
JenRN
USER INFO »
Plain and simple Stapp would kick his ass to the ground!!! And I would love front seats!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 07-29-2003, 04:21 PM   #11
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
<b>That is freaking hilarious!!!!! &nbsp;FINALLY people are realizing what a punk he really is! &nbsp;That is funny Steve, made me laugh here at work!!!! I have NEVER liked Fred Durst quite frankly I think his voice sucks and he has "short man syndrome" I guess he is compensating for something else too!:P &nbsp;Big attitudes like his usaully means he is lacking in other places, if you know what I mean! </b>

ROFLMAO, Jen!!:lol:

Relearn Love
Old 07-29-2003, 04:41 PM   #12
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
Plain and simple Stapp would kick his ass to the ground!!! &nbsp;And I would love front seats!

Me too Jen! I'll stand in line for however long it takes just so I can see Scott beat Durst's ass.

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 07-29-2003, 06:44 PM   #13
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Best thing I've read all day!!! LMAO!!!!:lol:

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 07-29-2003, 06:50 PM   #14
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
OMG! That is friggen hilarious:lol: :lol: :lol: I hate Limp Bizkit Way to go Illiinois
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 07-29-2003, 09:18 PM   #15
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Plain and simple Stapp would kick his ass to the ground!!! &nbsp;And I would love front seats!

Shortly after Durst said all that stuff, Stapp sent Durst a pamplet on anger management and challenged him to the Celebrity Boxing tournament. Durst never responded.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"