++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #16
00iceman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp to Write Book (New Interview)

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) You know its possible to live a moral and honorable life without believing in Christ right?

True, but that's like having a hamburger without the burger.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) ^Um he never said that... he just said he's proud to have Stapp as a brother in Christ which I am as well, chill out. As for Scott speaking about his faith, I'm glad he's able to open up about it now & most importantly he's happy so if he wants to talk about what's helped him through the tough times he certainly can.

Agreed.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:55 PM   #17
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Not sensitive. Just not a big fan of people like that. I'm having a rought christmas and was pretty jumpy. Very very sorry J-dawg. I'll keep it in check next time. Religious debate is for the faith forum (slaps self)

Last edited by Buried And Gone : 12-30-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #18
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Whoops. double post.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #19
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) Whoops. double post.
well as i,am whatching your post i saw your first one there and you did,nt make a duplicate post which is a double dont slap self im allowed to that from time to time dont want you to hurt yourself your post is good burried and Gone
Old 12-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #20
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

It's been a rough year for a lot of people... but when you say you don't like "people like that" you mean Christians? if that's the case I feel sorry for you.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #21
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by 00iceman) True, but that's like having a hamburger without the burger.

Wow...So your saying, what exactly? That could be inferred in many different ways.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) but when you say you don't like "people like that" you mean Christians? if that's the case I feel sorry for you.

I think he meant people that spew their beliefs every time they open there mouths. It gets old. Like there trying to prove a point to themselves. Or 'spread the good word'>> And, so what if he didn't like Christians? Last I checked, Christians don't like, for example, Gays and would very much like to restrict their rights.

I know that this does not apply to all Christians and it would be ignorant to generalize. But if he said he did not like Christians I wouldn't blame him or call him out on it. Especially if he were gay himself and wanted to marry.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:03 PM   #22
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) I think he meant people that spew their beliefs every time they open there mouths. It gets old. Like there trying to prove a point to themselves. Or 'spread the good word'>> And, so what if he didn't like Christians? Last I checked, Christians don't like, for example, Gays and would very much like to restrict their rights.

I know that this does not apply to all Christians and it would be ignorant to generalize. But if he said he did not like Christians I wouldn't blame him or call him out on it. Especially if he were gay himself and wanted to marry.
Firstly I'm not gonna open up a whole religious debate here because that's just ridiculous...we're on a music forum but Scott has NEVER spewed his beliefs on anyone, so lets get that straight. He's answered questions about his battle with addiction & of course in every interview he's been asked "How did you get through that?" & he's answered pretty much the same way every time...through reconnection with God & family.
The only time he's spoken in depth about his faith was the recent interview he did with Dawson McAllister & the "Listenin" interview and even that wasn't pushing anything on anyone...so imho you guys need to take a closer look.

One Nation. Indivisible.

Last edited by Dark_Knight : 12-30-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:46 AM   #23
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Yeah i was referring to people who do nothing but talk about god and jesus 24/7 and who think that everything good that happens is because of god. Its like in Scotts case. Don't thank god. Thank Mark Tremonti X D.
People need to give themselves more credit. Scott beat his addiction. Not god.
I know a lot of people that have wronged people but believe they are forgiven in the eyes of the lord and have no problem with the fact that the person they wronged hates them.
Most things to do with religion and religious people make me sick. Like how nagpo brought up. Gay men have lesser rights in america then the adverage citizen. Why? because a book says so. That is FUCKED UP. I believe in a god but honestly. The world would be better without religion of any kind. It makes no sense how still if somebody says there is a god and how much they love god they get a pat on the back. But if somebody says they don't believe in god they are immoral jackasses.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:35 AM   #24
00iceman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) Yeah i was referring to people who do nothing but talk about god and jesus 24/7 and who think that everything good that happens is because of god. Its like in Scotts case. Don't thank god. Thank Mark Tremonti X D.
I know a lot of people that have wronged people but believe they are forgiven in the eyes of the lord and have no problem with the fact that the person they wronged hates them.
Most things to do with religion and religious people make me sick. Like how nagpo brought up. Gay men have lesser rights in america then the adverage citizen. Why? because a book says so. That is FUCKED UP. I believe in a god but honestly. The world would be better without religion of any kind. It makes no sense how still if somebody says there is a god and how much they love god they get a pat on the back. But if somebody says they don't believe in god they are immoral jackasses.

Well, since you opened this can...

It's amazing to me how arrogant we as humans are. Colossians 1:17 tells us flat out that the Creator holds all things together. The very atoms that make up the cells of our body would fly apart if it were not for Him, not to mention that we cannot even take our next breath on our own. We do NOTHING under our own power, only what our Creator has given us the power to do. This has nothing to do with religion or religious debate, because it's not up for debate. You say you believe in God, but if you believe in God, you must believe His Word, because they are 1 in the same according to John 1:1. So when Scott gives God and reading the Bible credit for his life change, he is speaking the truth.

And to try to clarify some Christian beliefs...

1. As you said, you can be moral and not believe in God. This is true, however my hamburger illustration was meant to make the point that there is no point to living a "moral" life if there is nothing behind it - ie. a relationship with the Creator. For the Christian, a relationship with the Creator is exactly what His Word says it is: it is a relationship whereby we humans who have all fallen short of the mark of sinless perfection (Romans 3:23) have accepted the fact that Christ loved us so much that He came to this Earth and died our death that we deserve as sinners on the cross. He then went on to defeat death by coming back to life 3 days later. (John 3:16, Romans 10:9, etc) The fact that we accept this truth guarantees our eternity in Heaven, rather than Hell (or "the place of eternal punishment", "lake of fire", etc - Matthew 25:46, John 3:16, John 3:36, Revelation 20:15). The natural tendency once you have accepted this truth is to strive to live a moral and honorable life, not just for yourself or others, but for the One who died for you, who even made it possible for you to choose Heaven.

2. You mentioned "lesser rights" for gay men. The Bible gives several clear examples of God's disapproval of homosexual behavior (Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10). If you read Genesis 19, God destroys an entire city because of its sexual perversion. Our American heritage that began with the Framers of the Constitution is based upon the Bible and the values therein. As a Christian, I don't hate those who practice homosexual behavior - they, like myself, were created in God's image (Genesis 1:27). Also like myself, they were born into a sinful nature. However, the homosexual has chosen to embrace that sinful nature, rather than repent of it. I therefore hate sin, just as God does.

3. To those who do not believe in God at all, or you have bought into the lie of evolution or any other "scientific" explanation, I beg you to reconsider what you think you know. Genesis 1:1 says: "In the beginning God created..." Romans 1:20 says: "For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."
Old 12-31-2009, 06:18 PM   #25
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

I think we can all agree that Scott is a better person and his relationship with God has helped him overcome this addiction. Even if you don’t share his Christian beliefs and believe it is all in his head, both faith and family are helping him out. In my opinion, he got himself into the mess by running from God.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:35 PM   #26
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by 00iceman) Well, since you opened this can...

It's amazing to me how arrogant we as humans are. Colossians 1:17 tells us flat out that the Creator holds all things together. The very atoms that make up the cells of our body would fly apart if it were not for Him, not to mention that we cannot even take our next breath on our own. We do NOTHING under our own power, only what our Creator has given us the power to do. This has nothing to do with religion or religious debate, because it's not up for debate. You say you believe in God, but if you believe in God, you must believe His Word, because they are 1 in the same according to John 1:1. So when Scott gives God and reading the Bible credit for his life change, he is speaking the truth.

This is really only your own opinion, you can't prove any of it. Atoms stay together do to there attraction of the neutrons, protons and electrons inside them. I can so simply take a breath on my own, I can also choose to not breath if I wanted. What you said is very much so up to debate for you do not have any facts being your statement at all. Just blind faith. People often need such faith because they can not make sense of the world on their own. They are often to weak to deal with the hardships of life on their own and need the promise of a salvation to make it worth it all. That's all Faith in a God really is.

And to try to clarify some Christian beliefs...

1. As you said, you can be moral and not believe in God. This is true, however my hamburger illustration was meant to make the point that there is no point to living a "moral" life if there is nothing behind it People can live a happy moral life without the belief in God and there is a reason to do so. And that is- one lives a certain way he thinks is right. People still have consciousness without a God belief. Infact, living a life righteously with out the promise of Heaven is that not more righteously is in itself? - ie. a relationship with the Creator. For the Christian, a relationship with the Creator is exactly what His Word says it is: it is a relationship whereby we humans who have all fallen short of the mark of sinless perfection (Romans 3:23) have accepted the fact that Christ loved us so much that He came to this Earth and died our death that we deserve as sinners on the cross. He then went on to defeat death by coming back to life 3 days later. (John 3:16, Romans 10:9, etc) The fact that we accept this truth guarantees our eternity in Heaven, rather than Hell (or "the place of eternal punishment", "lake of fire", etc - Matthew 25:46, John 3:16, John 3:36, Revelation 20:15). The natural tendency once you have accepted this truth is to strive to live a moral and honorable life, not just for yourself or others, but for the One who died for you, who even made it possible for you to choose Heaven.

Sounds more like a guilt trip to me. Why should I strive to change my own life for someone that supposedly died for my sake? I owe that Christ person nothing. Why is he asking so much of me? Because he is God? No. I will live my life the way I want to. I am no sheep for a Sheppard. I am a simple man whose flock is only myself trying to make it in the world while making good decisions. And the definition of 'Good' may vary throughout my life.

2. You mentioned "lesser rights" for gay men. The Bible gives several clear examples of God's disapproval of homosexual behavior (Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10). If you read Genesis 19, God destroys an entire city because of its sexual perversion. Our American heritage that began with the Framers of the Constitution is based upon the Bible and the values therein. As a Christian, I don't hate those who practice homosexual behavior - they, like myself, were created in God's image (Genesis 1:27). Also like myself, they were born into a sinful nature. However, the homosexual has chosen to embrace that sinful nature, rather than repent of it. I therefore hate sin, just as God does.

If there was a God, he does not hate his children. He set up this life in the first place after all right? He intended there to be a sinful side. If he did not, then he would not have created it so. Truly, if he loved all his children on this earth, there would be no consequence of Hell. And if we are created in God image, then why are we gay? Is God gay? Why is it physically possible to have Same-sex sex if its so wrong in the first place then?

Also, if you look at the history of the world and pay attention to ANY society's evolution then you know what was once wrong in a society, and at the time believed to be wrong and perverse, is now considered to be okay. Racism towards blacks used to be expected, we even treated them as slaves. But now we have a black president. Mormons used to practice polygamy, now they thinks that's wrong. And for the big hitter, Greeks used to believe in Zeus and other types of Gods. But over time, that religion died out. The same thing will happen to Christianity to. Peoples faith and beliefs will change along with the times, because they need to adapt to whats affecting them at that time. And born into a sinful nature is incorrect. Humans are born innocent. A child is not a sinner, for he has not acted in any manner. His fate or life is not and should not be decided by his ancestors actions.

3. To those who do not believe in God at all, or you have bought into the lie of evolution or any other "scientific" explanation, I beg you to reconsider what you think you know. Genesis 1:1 says: "In the beginning God created..." Romans 1:20 says: "For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."
All you do is rely on a book that has more contradictions and interpretations than anything in this world. Science explains things more thoroughly and clearly than blind faith. Science makes sense. The Bible does not, if you look at it logically. I've already talked to you about society's evolutions, must I teach you about the evolution of the world and the universe as a whole? Then again, scientists do not know everything about the universe nor about the world, but they do know plenty to create facts with proof behind them and also create theory's with some proof behind them.

At least scientists try to explain Dinosaurs. Christians just dismiss the absolute truth of their existence because it conflicts with what they are taught. It conflicts with their human identity, or intellectual identity. Dinosaurs are proof of evolution in terms of how they were unable to evolve. They were unable to survive the world. Eventually smarter creatures who could adapt took over the world. Christianity is also proof of evolution. From one faith to another as times go on. Which ever faith makes sense and comforts our needs at the time and is most relevant. Christianity is losing it's relevancy. It's not even the oldest current religion still going. It's not even the largest religion in the world.

My reply's are in bold in the quote.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:28 PM   #27
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) Yeah i was referring to people who do nothing but talk about god and jesus 24/7 and who think that everything good that happens is because of god. Its like in Scotts case. Don't thank god. Thank Mark Tremonti X D.
PREACH IT JOHN LENNON BUT LIKE Ozzy Im Just Dreaming Of Better Days A Lot Of Untiy Here And A Lot Of Divison BUT LORD Knows I Loves Ya,all just a blessing to see everybody all in untiy in untiy and divsion it is just beautiful one day at a time sweet jesus
Old 12-31-2009, 11:57 PM   #28
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

@iceman - You can quote bible verses all you want. The bible is wrong. It is factitious and as far as I am concerned the bible is really the first step to skepticism.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #29
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) @iceman - You can quote bible verses all you want. The bible is wrong. It is factitious and as far as I am concerned the bible is really the first step to skepticism.
What is the deal?? Believe what you want & stop crapping on people's beliefs, this is a MUSIC forum.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #30
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) @iceman - You can quote bible verses all you want. The bible is wrong. It is factitious and as far as I am concerned the bible is really the first step to skepticism.
00iceman now everybody calm down because i wish to revice his post it will however it will take a while i just been Lmao at ya,all Which brings me joy im trying to be serious here and then i get laughing FOR Instant Your Bring Up Strong Points Ok, You Said THE BIBLE The First Step To Skepticism And Thats True WHEN It Comes To GOD There Was Only One Truth One Way To Him AND That Was The Word Which Is The Bible, so im sure brother He Would Share Your View Points In That Matter HEB>4>12>13 im sure he forseen these thoughts and knew these thought of man