++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 03-21-2003, 07:19 PM   #16
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Awww, that's so sweet, Julie. I'm so happy everything worked out for you.

Relearn Love
Old 03-23-2003, 07:18 PM   #17
whitebird
USER INFO »
I'm in the process of rescuing a cat now. I have fed this poor little stray all Winter, but it is shy and won't come to me. I belong to a group that will spay or neuter it, and give it it's shots for free. That is what we raise funds for, and for people that can't afford medical care for their pets. I'm afraid that I will have to live trap this one to save it. I was going to bring this little cat into my house, to get it used to people, but my asthma is acting up very badly right now, and cats are very bad for my breathing. I'll have to find another home for it.

It seems to be a Maine Coon Cat. It's quite pretty.

The last time I live trapped a cat and brought it in to save, I was blessed with 4 kittens several weeks later.

Any good suggestions out there from the cat lovers?
Old 03-23-2003, 07:25 PM   #18
JenRN
USER INFO »
Whitebird... do you feed it? Maybe make a little bed for it with food and water on your porch or something. I also have a stray that comes to my house, she is so friendly now, she actually climbs on my lap and purrs Maybe get a cat toy and start to play with it or something?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-24-2003, 12:13 AM   #19
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
I love kitty cats, and doggies!
Old 03-25-2003, 02:38 PM   #20
whitebird
USER INFO »
Hi JenRN

No it doesn't come to my house. I see it down the street at another house. The man that lives at this house was out of town for the Winter, and he didn't know that I was feeding it there. He arrived back in town just a couple days ago, and I went over to speak to him, and tell him that I had been doing this. The cat isn't his, I knew that.

What a nice man he is. He assured me that he didn't mind if I countinued to take of it at his house, but that I would have to fugure out what to do with it in the next month and a half, as he is going to sell the house. It seems shy to me, I don't think it is wild, just unused to being arround people. Hopefully I can figure out something in the time that I have.

Thanks for your sugestions, I'm willing to try.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:45 PM   #21
JenRN
USER INFO »
The way I have animals come to me that are strays etc. are I just sit there and hold out my hand and let them come to me on THEIR terms. You need to develop trust with the kitty! I think it is sweet of you to be so willing to take care of it There are not enough people like you out there willing to take in animals, and care for them!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-25-2003, 03:51 PM   #22
whitebird
USER INFO »
JenRN

It sounds like you have a very special way with animals. Thank you very much. I will let you know what happens in the next couple of weeks.

JulieLoves Creed

How is your kitty doing now? Please let us know.