++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-04-2009, 04:20 AM   #1
BSC
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Do you want Creed to continue?

Over on ABB.net there is some discussion about a Creed spring tour, and how that could mess up with Alter Bridge. I thought I would bring that discussion here. Obviously there is some huge bias over there.

Personally I cannot understand why they think Creed will get in the way of Alter Bridge. Michael Tremonti has said that there will be a new Alter Bridge album and world tour in 2010. So why can't Alter Bridge release the album, then Creed go tour, and then Alter Bridge? I see no problem with that. It's hardly getting in the way.

IMO, if the band members are happy, then so should the fans. It's their life, if Creed is their priorty, then so be it. If Alter Bridge is their priorty, then so be it. I'll be disappointed if either band splits up though.

What are your opinions?
Old 10-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Re: Do you want Creed to continue?

I won't have an answer for that until I hear the entire Full Circle album. It's make or break for them, IMO.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #3
alitea
USER INFO »

I am very happy tp hear about a new spring tour. I love both bands, so honestly it is all good to me. I think at this time Creed has more to prove than AB. The reunion really just started. So perhaps they need more time to solidify things and make the most out of the new album. There will always be more time for AB and Scott's solo stuff.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
BSC
USER INFO »

Also when it's Creed turn to tour/record album Myles Kennedy will just do his solo stuff..
Old 10-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
in reality
USER INFO »

I agree, BSC, they all have side projects they can do when their not involved with Creed or Alter Bridge. Myles has a solo career, like Stapp does. So it should work out, and the only ones with a problem with it are some alter bridge fans that look for trouble all the time. Just like with the voice issue regarding stapp, that was done I'm sure for a purpose.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #6
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) I won't have an answer for that until I hear the entire Full Circle album. It's make or break for them, IMO.

Agreed. I don't think they can last by touring on their first three albums. If Full Circle is a bomb, it will equal the end of Creed (or at least the end of touring larger venues - I supposed they could still play small 1,000 capacity venues heh)

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
nagpo
USER INFO »

Solution = don't go to abb.net
Old 10-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
shadyogrady
USER INFO »

I have a solution for the problem. They can have a concert featuring both bands. They can sell out large venues by having AB open for the first hour and a half and then have Creed play the remaining hour and a half. Everybody gets what they want and the bands sell a shit load of tickets.

Shady
Old 10-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
skyguy86
USER INFO »

sadly, that's where I have to go for Creed updates. There are a lot more active members on abb.net as in comparison to here
Old 10-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #10
CreedJeff
USER INFO »

If (and I know this is a big IF), the record is promoted correctly, it will be a pretty good success.

This band did not sell 30-40 million records because their studio albums sucked.

I am in agreement with you guys that if this record should happen to flop, that would/should be the end of Creed.

I am also a fan of Alter Bridge, but there is no way they would ever have the success that Creed attained and I think that ego and pride are a huge motivating factor for the guys.

I just feel that once you have been to the top of the mountain, nothing will ever completely satisfy you until you get back on top.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #11
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Creed has said in recent interviews they are trying to rebulid their fanbase. How can they do that if they are going on a one and done tour. It doesnt make sense to go on this tour and breakfans hearts again. Creed has said they took for granted the success they have had in the past and want to continue in the future. As many people don't want to beleive it, Alter Bridge is now a side project..I think Full Circle is going to be awsome..and Stapp has said they havent made thier "Joshua Tree" album yet which to me means their will be more Creed records in the future..
Old 10-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #12
Chase
USER INFO »

Musically speaking, it sounds like this record may be better than their previous ones. However, it wouldn't surprise me if the album flops. It all depends on public perception. To a lot of people, Creed just screams 1999-2000. Yet, nostalgia may be on the band's side. Let's hope it is.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #13
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

I think this album will make them and even it don't I'll still be a fan. BTW can't believe its october already.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 10-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #14
Agent D
USER INFO »

The band's continued reunion does obviously ride on the success of the album but everybody's kind of missed the point of the original post. If Full Circle is a monumental success, how are they going to be able to quit and go back to Alter Bridge? They're going to pour energy into recording a new AB album and then go back to touring with Creed and then immediately tour as Alter Bridge? It just sounds like a very draining, exhausting schedule for Mark, Flip, and Brian.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:36 PM   #15
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

have you guys forgotten what year it is? its 2009.. it doesn't matter if the new creed album is the best rock album ever made it won't do much for their popularity.... all that matters is the strength of your singles and how cool everyone thinks the band is. metallica hasn't made a good record in 20 years but everyone still buys their albums and goes to their concerts just because its metallica... creed doesn't quite have that type of following from their old stuff.

i think the new album will have to be better than their old stuff from what ive heard... i don't listen to scott stapps solo stuff but the rest of the band has gotten so much better since weathered, so im thinking the new album will be a lot better unless it's filled with pop songs like "stand here with me" and "dont stop dancing"