++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
metalchris25
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Myles to sing for Zepplin?

Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider, whose manager apparently also works with Robert Plant, has told MuchMoreMusic's Matt Wells that Led Zeppelin members Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonhman have tapped Alter Bridge singer Myles R. Kennedy to sing with them on the road tour if Plant refuses to join them for the much-rumored Zeppelin reunion tour. "They're saying [to Robert], 'We're all rehearsed, we're ready to go, here's a gazillion dollars on the table," Snider told MuchMoreMusic. "If you don't do it, we're going out with this kid. And he can sing the shit out of Zeppelin.' And they're gonna, like, hope that Robert, at the last minute, will go, 'OK,' and step in, before having the lead singer of Alter Bridge out with John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Jason Bonham."

A short video clip of Snider talking to MuchMoreMusic about the possibility of Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonhman touring with Alter Bridge singer Myles R. Kennedy can be found at this location.

Plant recently shot down reports that he has signed on to team up with Led Zeppelin for a reunion tour. In a message posted on his web site, the singer said that he had no road plans after his recent tour with Alison Krauss, which wrapped on October 5 in Saratoga, Florida.

The message read in part: "Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years. Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin. Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets."

Plant himself was quoted as saying, "It's both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward. I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects."

Page, Jones and Bonham have reportedly been rehearsing with a series of other vocalists, including Kennedy. There has been no official announcement as to whether the band is planning to tour or record together without Plant's involvement.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #2
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Re: Myles to sing for Zepplin?

Myles sounds great in that live Kashmir video. I have no doubt he would sound great on tour with those guys.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Hell yeah. I think it would be awesome.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
Agent D
USER INFO »

But wouldn't that take away from Alter Bridge? How long would he be on tour with Zeppelin?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) Hell yeah. I think it would be awesome.
i agree chris to get An Invatation or to even rehearse With zepplin its like everybodys dream way to go myles thanks chris for posting
Old 10-12-2008, 09:12 PM   #6
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) But wouldn't that take away from Alter Bridge? How long would he be on tour with Zeppelin?
yes it would of course i for one would,nt call that taking away AB just a break and as side project what i would call taking away if they are recording and working together at that time
Old 10-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #7
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing) yes it would of course i for one would,nt call that taking away AB just a break and as side project what i would call taking away if they are recording and working together at that time

That's true, I guess. As long as AB is on break, it doesn't matter.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #8
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) That's true, I guess. As long as AB is on break, it doesn't matter.
my point excatley forgive my hontesty but if its the other way around and the lead singer is going like take off on another project in the middle of working then of course there may be some conflicts of course but im like really hoping he gets to do it and it works out with the rest of the guys plans For AB
Old 11-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

As much as I love Myles, this would pain me greatly. As I said in another thread, Zep without Plant, while Plant is still on the planet, would make me sad.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #10
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) As much as I love Myles, this would pain me greatly. As I said in another thread, Zep without Plant, while Plant is still on the planet, would make me sad.
its hard to say kerri how hardcore zepplin fans will take to it You would Have To Apperciate AB to love this
Old 11-03-2008, 04:15 PM   #11
Chase
USER INFO »

I think it's funny that people who get upset at Scott Stapp for singing Creed songs with non-Creed guys are excited that Myles Kennedy might sing Led Zeppelin songs when he isn't a Led Zeppelin band member.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:28 PM   #12
metalchris25
USER INFO »

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/..._audition.html
Old 01-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #13
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

^This keeps Alter Bridge together

-Homer Simpson

Old 01-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #14
metalchris25
USER INFO »

They were never going to stop working together if Myles did get the job, but I cant say I am sad to hear it either.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #15
nagpo
USER INFO »

with the lack of real factual news on the myles+zepplin and creed reforming.... im taking this all with a grain of salt.