++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
tuluks
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed SPRING TOUR 2010! (confirmed)

flip confirms it in this interview:
http://www.borderrock.com/5Detours/A...779/Creed.aspx

this will definitely be the full circle tour, with majority of songs from new album!
he says overseas tours coming in canada, australia, new zealand, and parts of europe...
i like when he said this will not be creeds final album...so many more great creed years to come!
CREED IS HERE TO STAY baby!

(looks like it'll be a summer tour with AB then... still getting both bands so its all good!)

Last edited by tuluks : 10-09-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
King Oropher
USER INFO »
Re: Creed SPRING TOUR 2010! (confirmed)

Tour to New Zealand! Yes! Can't wait... so I'm guessing he means U.S springtime?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
nagpo
USER INFO »

hmm, what does this mean for stapp solo album? Myles could go on tour with creed and alter bridge could open for creed.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) hmm, what does this mean for stapp solo album? Myles could go on tour with creed and alter bridge could open for creed.

I don't see how the 3 guys would last on the tour playing for 3 hours every night.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
shadyogrady
USER INFO »

Led Zeppelin did it for years. Particularly, post 1973 tours. If they can do it in their later days, why can't these guys?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #6
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) I don't see how the 3 guys would last on the tour playing for 3 hours every night.
yah, I see your point. flip would be exhausted.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by tuluks) (looks like it'll be a summer tour with AB then... still getting both bands so its all good!)
I preferred Creed over AB anyways. I'd much rather have Creed back.

But I'm excited for the new tour. I told them when I met them in Salt Lake City that they need to come back to Idaho. I hope they do!

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 10-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #8
Trinity
USER INFO »

YES! COME TO CANADA!

I've been waiting 10 years to see Creed!
Old 10-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #9
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

the idea of them not being able to play "3 hours a night" is just rediculous. everyone else in the world works 8 hours a day 5 days a week for their entire life, some people do very hard psychical labor and whatnot... your telling me a band can't stand up on stage and play music for 3 hours a night? its not even every night and theyd only have to do it for a few months. with the exception of flip their all in pretty good psychical shape (hes kinda packed on some pounds lately) im sure they could do it. plus if its alter bridge and creed that means that myles and stapp only have to sing one set a night not two, and singing would be the roughest part of that because it would be hard not to blow out your voice.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #10
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »

I absolutely agree with that. It's definitely doable. And I can see how Flip has put on a few pounds, but when I met them last weekend, he still looked to be in pretty good shape. Of course, that may just be because I'm fat. lol.

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 10-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #11
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creediscool17) the idea of them not being able to play "3 hours a night" is just rediculous. everyone else in the world works 8 hours a day 5 days a week for their entire life, some people do very hard psychical labor and whatnot... your telling me a band can't stand up on stage and play music for 3 hours a night? its not even every night and theyd only have to do it for a few months.

They also do a soundcheck, meet with fans, conduct interviews with radio stations, probably write some music, and are on the road for a few months straight. I'm sure it's exhausting (mentally and physically) and they work more than 3 hours every other day.

It's every bit as exhausting as those who do hard labor and then go home to their own bed every night, but it's different work.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

So obviously none of you have even an inkling of how much energy is required to put on even a mediocre live performance?

Just doing a straight play, meaning no singing dancing or running around a stage, for an hour is mentally and physically exhausting.

I'm not saying this to diminish physical laborers, but that is a very different kind of stress and energy.

3 hours a night of two totally different kinds of music, running around on stage, sound checks, any media obligations, fan meet and greets, etc., and imo this requires far more total energy than any 8 hour job.

I've sat at a desk for 8 hours a day and i've performed and i've worked physical labor jobs, performance requires the most total energy (mental and physical).

So no, i would not wish a 3 hour performance of two different styles of music more or less every day on top of the travel stress on 3 members of the band, they'd burn out, even over a shorter duration tour.

It'd be one thing if they did a special concert or 3-4 performances that way, but a standard set of an hour and a half is exhausting once a night, thinking that it's nothing to just double or triple that because they aren't lifting cement bricks all day is just naive and uninformed.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:58 AM   #13
BSC
USER INFO »

COME TO THE UK!

Seeing Creed live would make my year!
Old 10-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #14
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) They also do a soundcheck, meet with fans, conduct interviews with radio stations, probably write some music, and are on the road for a few months straight. I'm sure it's exhausting (mentally and physically) and they work more than 3 hours every other day.

It's every bit as exhausting as those who do hard labor and then go home to their own bed every night, but it's different work.

man im really glad i stuck to moving furniture a few years back then... good thing i was doing that and not playing music in front of thousands of people who wanna hear my songs, or ...SOUNDCHECKS *dun dun dun*.... soundchecks sound terrible... what with standing there and all.. and uh... you know hitting notes on a guitar.... wowza. the part about meeting with fans to sign autographs and have drinks sounds really hard as well... everyone knows getting hammered and talking to a bunch of girls who wanna have sex with you is a terrible way to make a ton of money... OH WAIT, its not
Old 10-10-2009, 08:09 PM   #15
razzroe
USER INFO »

what does that mean for alter bridge? i thought they was gonna take over in 2010?