++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
Stevensonart
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott's Voice

I know we have talked about this probably to death but I wanted to get everyone's opinion of this.

I just got done playing the version of What if from San Antonio (1999) vs the version from Rock Pit (09) Vs the version from Houston (09). I used three different programs to play so I could compare each section one right after another.

For one the newest versions are much faster than the 1999 version. Two Scott is not sing the end of the notes. Yes his tone has deepened and changed through natural age progression. I think this mixed with some other factors we don't know about ( surgeries, nodes, smoking, allergies, ?) is the reason for the difference.

I would like to be able to compare a high quality audio recording of What if from the current tour. I was at Sioux City and it sounded much better than last year, he is definitely improving with what he has to work with.

I did a little research online and yes the older we get the deeper our voices get (and smoking of course deepens the voice). I read that the vocal chords can be stretched through just singing techniques to make them go higher in pitch. I'm sure Scott is working with coaches and doctors to try and restore as much as he can. I just wish he would be more open about it. We all have ears and can hear the difference and for God's sake slow the tempo down. There's no way he can breath and sing the notes out to their fullest if they go that fast. I don't understand the speed thing.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: Scott's Voice

My Danielsons, karate kid like wow made a come back this year speaking of ages we all got decived by that ralph dude, he was like 30 or 40 something, u found that out and you were like get out of town, im laughing because your right man, this is this topic that would,nt die, sing boy sing, just sing damn you, im sorry, but serious, i did, not rule all those other reasons out i guess how i should i put it is that these reasons, SURGERIES SMOKING, take some for instant all most be a part of soul like clapton and keith richards, and not to mention how many have been swallowed through the years and digested light bulbs, so i did,nt rule out anything, and yes, even elvis presley vocals improved deep more soulful as he got older, but like i said, these issuies are not helping by no means, but not the Domanating, PROBLEAM, AND BREATHING is so importan, to life and soul, and the coaches that he has been with im sure has helped him, through out the process, as well advice as from his doctors like mind over matter, the brain sometimes sets off signals to your voice, and by passes the lungs and comes from the gut, that process make its eaiser on the vocal chords, Prayer is the most importan thing, he is getting better, though, And Will Overcome, now he sounds better with creed, than solo, so hopefully working with people like bruce, thats worked with the best, its really not a big deal, or nothing that has not been seen or heared of if he stays focused and follows that postive instruction, he will be ok, there is a lot of prayer for him through all trials the best healing power there is love of those you look up to the press you get on stapp is not always about him, which brings in confusion so if he stays focused on his music and calling and crook paths shall be made smooth, and dont give in to trapped distractions, we all fight that everyday A lot Of us Would not be here, If it was,nt For Scott, with so many tides you can loose track of whats real in your life and what your called to do, Scott, Sung It Best In FIGHT SONG, lets all keep the eye of the tiger, Thanks For Posting, Peace be with you,
Old 08-21-2010, 05:28 AM   #3
BSC
USER INFO »

Isn't the Rock Pit thing you talk of the same as the Houston gig? I believe Rock Pit filmed the Houston gig, which then ended up on DVD.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by BSC) Isn't the Rock Pit thing you talk of the same as the Houston gig? I believe Rock Pit filmed the Houston gig, which then ended up on DVD.
you should know why dont you tell it like it is, and peace be with you, in all things in jesus name, because oh lord its true, Oh Lord We Stand Against, The Faceless Man, some stand AND SOME BE WITH HIM, I SAY AMEN, its not pretend, but very real today, and i dont like being lied on, by my own perhaps you would like to see the judas room, A GREATER LOVE HAS RISEN, AND I LOVE HIM, I think We,ve All Met, Mr FREEDOM FIGHTER, A BIG GOD BLESS YA TODAY, Because i do loves ya all,