++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-02-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
Brettley916
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed reunion-tour plan 'near completion'

We all keep hearing the rumor's of the reunion. According to this, a tour is currently being hammered out!!!

NEW YORK -- Creed is hammering out details for a lucrative 2009 reunion tour, sources said. The Scott Stapp-led group, one of the top sellers of the past decade, has not performed since a rancorous split in June 2004.

Stapp promptly embarked on a solo career, while guitarist Mark Tremonti, drummer Scott Phillips and original bassist Brian Marshall formed Alter Bridge with vocalist Myles Kennedy and released two albums. Their 2004 Wind-Up debut, "One Day Remains," sold 496,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan; a 2006 follow-up for Universal, "Blackbird," has moved 227,000 units.

But Kennedy is rumored to be the top contender to replace Robert Plant for a tour with Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones. And following a recent USO tour performing for American servicemen oversees, Stapp is said to be in prime physical and mental condition.

As such, there are "significant dollars" on the table for a Creed trek, according to sources close to the situation, who said an official announcement could be imminent. A spokesperson for Wind-Up said, "There have been some talks, but it would be premature to comment on them at this time."

Creed has sold 26.1 million albums in the United States since 1997, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The group also was a significant touring presence, having grossed $70.3 million from 220 shows reported to Billboard Boxscore between November 1997 and December 2002.

Source - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...91035311fea083
Old 12-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
mrjoe815
USER INFO »
Re: Creed reunion-tour plan 'near completion'

sweet! thanks for the article. can't wait for this to happen
Old 12-03-2008, 12:34 AM   #3
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

They just mentioned this on my local news channel. FOX 2 Detroit for any Michiganders here.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 12-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #4
nagpo
USER INFO »

heck yeah!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:38 AM   #5
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.

I really hope they tour in england uk or give me plenty of notice that it will only be a US tour so I can get to America.

I never got the chance to see Creed live before and regreted it for so long.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) heck yeah!
we heared it here first you can just reach out and feel the anticipation And Joy AND CHINESE DEMOCRAY IS OUT TO everybody go out and buy it The Joy Is To Overwhelming
Old 12-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #7
creedsoul~
USER INFO »

This would be fantastic imo, if/when they can repair old wounds.. I don't think they will be able to just ignore them and try and move on.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #8
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsoul~) This would be fantastic imo, if/when they can repair old wounds.. I don't think they will be able to just ignore them and try and move on.
Well Axls Been Through So Much But Strong Enough To Move On they all good for a come back my opion whats long missed i think is the power team wrting Of Stapp And Tremontie that will indeed comfort wounds im a Big G.N.R. Fan my joy is just Combinded forgive me for exceeding it in the creed talk thread Creedsoul~
Old 12-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #9
Agent D
USER INFO »

I don't usually like to use the word "sellout" but if Mark, Flip, and Brian agree to do this, then that's what they are. Gigantic sellouts.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #10
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I don't usually like to use the word "sellout" but if Mark, Flip, and Brian agree to do this, then that's what they are. Gigantic sellouts.

I agree and I hope this doesn't happen. Mark and Scott P were so happy to get out of the 'box' they were forced to live and work in with Creed. Even if Myles goes out on the road with LZ I would rather wait a little longer for Alter Bridge to pick back up. I'm even content occasionally listening to Stapp's solo album.

I've said it before. Creed was great, but I'm so over them. Record sales and marketability aside, Alter Bridge has turned out to be such a huge leap forward I would hate to see the guys fall back
Old 12-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I'm not wishing for it, but if it happens, I'd probably go to a show or two, out of curiosity if nothing else.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:09 PM   #12
Scorpion King
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I don't usually like to use the word "sellout" but if Mark, Flip, and Brian agree to do this, then that's what they are. Gigantic sellouts.

I don't know if doing a one-year reunion tour would make them sellouts. Now, if they were to disband AB permanently and started writing new Creed songs that sound exactly like the old material, that would be selling out.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #13
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

But if Kiss Does A Reuion Tour Every Time that feel like thats ok i think it would be completley obsered to call a reunion a sell out
Old 12-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #14
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Scorpion King) I don't know if doing a one-year reunion tour would make them sellouts. Now, if they were to disband AB permanently and started writing new Creed songs that sound exactly like the old material, that would be selling out.

I don't mean because of the money. I mean, after the stuff they've said, stuff of record that's been published endlessly in various media outlets, about how they'd never get reunite Creed for any amount of money, for them to do so is bull. Stick by your word and don't crumble at the sight of a few dollar signs. If you're bored while Myles has fun with Zeppelin, then go do a solo album or something.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #15
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I don't mean because of the money. I mean, after the stuff they've said, stuff of record that's been published endlessly in various media outlets, about how they'd never get reunite Creed for any amount of money, for them to do so is bull. Stick by your word and don't crumble at the sight of a few dollar signs. If you're bored while Myles has fun with Zeppelin, then go do a solo album or something.
So its Rock N Roll Decadence if Creed hooks back up the media of course will remembear those words but im sure the fans would love it regardless my PEACE BE WITCHA And Like LL COOL J DONT CALL IT A COME BACK