++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 12-19-2005, 12:44 AM   #1
alterbridge9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What do you guys think of this song?

I just love it. Just curious what your opinions were on it or if you have heard it before. I am usually not into slower ballad type songs but this one really hit me for somem reason

Its "A Different Kind of Pain" from Cold

http://wm.atlrec.com/cold/adifferentkindofpain.wma

Its funny, the first time I ever heard Cold was then they opened up for Creed back in 1998
Old 12-19-2005, 08:35 AM   #2
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Re: What do you guys think of this song?

Cold sucks. Never did like 'em. I saw them at a Godsmack concert a long time ago. Horrible band.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:04 AM   #3
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Re: What do you think of this song?

Please make sure you stick posts in the appropriate forums. This has nothing to do with Creed or Scott Stapp. And please only post it once.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"

Last edited by Steve : 12-19-2005 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:37 PM   #4
alterbridge9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) Cold sucks. Never did like 'em. I saw them at a Godsmack concert a long time ago. Horrible band.

Ok I can respect an opinion but saying they are "horrible" just shows that you know nothing about them. Their album 13 Ways to Bleed on Stage is a masterpiece. If you would actually take some time and listen to it before you make such comments you would understand that.

I have been a music fan for 30 years, die hard rock music fan, I can tell you Cold is one of the best I have heard, you just need to actually listen to them and understand it.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:24 PM   #5
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

i HAVE THE CD AND IT IS AWESOME! totally agree the whole cd is great!
Old 12-19-2005, 06:11 PM   #6
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Actually I'd semi-agree with rabidgopher04. I saw them open for Nickelback several years ago. They were not very impressive live in concert. Their first album was decent but I didn't really care for their second.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-19-2005, 08:40 PM   #7
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan

My favorite song off the new record which is my favorite album so far from them....but yes they are not that good live but there albums are not that bad
Old 12-19-2005, 08:59 PM   #8
RMadd
USER INFO »

I've listened to a bit of their latest album, and it's quite a bit different, thematically, than their first albums. I think alot of this can be attributed to 2 departures and sickness in the lead singer's family. Certainly alot more introspective, pretty similar to Staind, actually.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:41 AM   #9
alterbridge9
USER INFO »

Thanks for the input. I like all of their CD's they change it up. I actually disagree about them not being good live. I first discovered them when they opened up for Creed in 98, I thought they were amazing live thats why I went out and bought their CD. I have seen them about 10 times since 98 and thought they were awesome live.

If you have never heard of a band and don't really care about the music its hard to really appreciate a live act no matter who it is.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:13 AM   #10
Said Eyes
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by alterbridge9) If you have never heard of a band and don't really care about the music its hard to really appreciate a live act no matter who it is.

I disagree. I think if a band is really good, then even if you've never heard them before, their live act is going to grab you by the balls and never let go.

I'm constantly seeing bands I've never heard of before and I get totally blown away time and time again.

I think you're just a little upset that someone doesn't like your favourite band. If so, get over yourself buddy.

PS. I dont like Cold.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:23 PM   #11
alterbridge9
USER INFO »

Here is a live video from Cold when they played Hard Rock Live on MTV

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=s...d8&search=cold

Is it that bad?
Old 12-20-2005, 05:03 PM   #12
RMadd
USER INFO »

well, i thought that was pretty good. i see alot of people are commenting on how they saw them live w/ Creed back in '98. that's 7 years ago folks! i would imagine that they & their shows have probably progressed some since then.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:30 AM   #13
alterbridge9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) well, i thought that was pretty good. i see alot of people are commenting on how they saw them live w/ Creed back in '98. that's 7 years ago folks! i would imagine that they & their shows have probably progressed some since then.

I saw them in 98 and they blew me away, thats how I discovered them. I have always thought there live show was seriously incredible. Especially if its a headlining show and not a big venue. They are definetely better in small intimate venues and not as good on huge stages and outdoor festivals during the day. They use a lot of lights and really sets the mood. I guess if you don't like the band you won't like them live either, that's just how it goes
Old 12-21-2005, 12:45 PM   #14
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by alterbridge9) Ok I can respect an opinion but saying they are "horrible" just shows that you know nothing about them. Their album 13 Ways to Bleed on Stage is a masterpiece. If you would actually take some time and listen to it before you make such comments you would understand that.

I have been a music fan for 30 years, die hard rock music fan, I can tell you Cold is one of the best I have heard, you just need to actually listen to them and understand it.
That's not really respecting my opinion now is it? You're basically saying that although I don't like them, I'm wrong. Unfortunately for you musical taste is relative. I respect that you like them, but I disagree with your opinion.

I will not spend the next several sentences qualifying my musical tastes and how long I have been listening to music because that is irrelevant. It doesn't make my opinion more valid than yours nor is yours any greater than mine.

And yes, I did take the time to listen to them. I had to sit through a whole set of their crap before waiting for Staind and Godsmack and I didn't like it.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:47 PM   #15
alterbridge9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) That's not really respecting my opinion now is it? You're basically saying that although I don't like them, I'm wrong. Unfortunately for you musical taste is relative. I respect that you like them, but I disagree with your opinion.

I will not spend the next several sentences qualifying my musical tastes and how long I have been listening to music because that is irrelevant. It doesn't make my opinion more valid than yours nor is yours any greater than mine.

And yes, I did take the time to listen to them. I had to sit through a whole set of their crap before waiting for Staind and Godsmack and I didn't like it.

Well if you are a fan of Godsmack I can see why you don't like Cold.. My bad