++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-29-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Stapp hoping for a world tour

In January he plans to begin a world tour. He hopes that by then "The Great Divide" will have connected with fans.

Read the hole pice at http://www.calendarlive.com/music/cl...-more-channels

Tho hole is about stapp and creed and what he have for plans and so forth... Read it yourselfs!

I should mention that it's a realy good article, no bashing, just facts and stuff Stapp's said...
Old 11-29-2005, 07:08 AM   #2
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
World Tour: 80% USA, 10% Canada and 10% 2 or 3 countries in Europe... bleh
Old 11-29-2005, 07:16 AM   #3
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
pfffttttttt...

look at this:
Quote: (Originally Posted by Scott Stapp) "I just grabbed the whole band. They were down with my playing my songs, and I showed them my secret tunings and the things you can do with a guitar to create that Creed sound."

riiiiiiiight. When you hope the guy's changed...
Old 11-29-2005, 09:18 AM   #4
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) World Tour: 80% USA, 10% Canada and 10% 2 or 3 countries in Europe... bleh

Unfortunately you ARE right...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-29-2005, 10:15 AM   #5
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Secret tunings? What tunings are secret about the Creed sound? Drop D and Open D are not secrets.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:14 AM   #6
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) Secret tunings? What tunings are secret about the Creed sound? Drop D and Open D are not secrets.

LOL! That's exactly what I was about to say. I find it supremely hard to believe that a guy who, as far as we've heard, cannot play open chords, knows how to play the Creed songs, which require a lot more than just open chords.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-30-2005, 06:49 AM   #7
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Check this out then!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10255585/page/2/

More bullshit from Stapp it seems...

But in 2002, arguments began to erupt over musical contributions and publishing credits. Creative differences followed.

“Jealousy started setting in,” Stapp says, “and egos.”

Band members wanted more say in the songs, but Stapp didn’t want to budge.

He started exhibiting strange behavior, holing himself up in the tour bus, emerging just in time to take the stage. At one Chicago show, Stapp was apparently so out of sorts, fans sued the band for their sub-par performance.

“I just felt hated so I wanted to go away,” he says.

Come on! they wanted more to say!... How come brian and Flip don't want it now?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:57 AM   #8
facelessmike
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Check this out then!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10255585/page/2/

More bullshit from Stapp it seems...
Come on! they wanted more to say!... How come brian and Flip don't want it now?

A decent article...It's likely he was referring to just Mark wanting more say (which he probably should have had)...I doubt that Flip or Brett Hestla wanted to be more involved...It's funny how Stapp's "closing the door on Creed", yet he is making a point to call it his sound.

Bring on the 2006 Scott "creed" Stapp world tour!

Last edited by facelessmike : 11-30-2005 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:06 AM   #9
titan9
USER INFO »
I hate that MSN interview, lol! It's way too biased in Stapp's favor. Being an equal fan, I'd love to see a fair interview with him, where there's no BS.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:34 PM   #10
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Scott Stapp @ calendarlive.com) "I don't know what to expect, I really don't," Stapp said in a hushed voice during a visit to Los Angeles to promote the solo CD that hit stores last week. "Do I pick up where I left off? Or do I have to start all over again, playing to five people in a room? Do I have to work my way back up?"
"Do I have to work my way back up?" Damn right you do. You shit all over your bandmates and your fans, especially your fans in Chicago. All you've proved so far is that you still have yet to change. At this point, it's looking like you never will.

Mark, Flip, Brian - Did you see them pondering stupid questions like this when Alter Bridge came out? Fuck no. They went out and played. They've been playing their asses off for the last year and a half across the world, showing everyone that their hearts and souls are still in the music. What are you doing? You're sitting on your ass hoping you can pick right up where you left off, touring arenas and selling millions of albums. Pathetic.

You flushed your voice, your image and worst of all, your popularity down the toilet three years ago. For your sake, I hope you invested those millions well, because you will never earn that kind of coin ever again.

The Leno peformance just proves that it's over. If you had come out revitalized, re-energized, singing better than ever, maybe you would have had a fighting chance. All I saw was a shell of a man who was desparately and, most of all, insincerely trying to be what he once was.

You were never great Scott, you just had millions fooled. You may still fool some, but never again will you fool the majority.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:09 PM   #11
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) "Do I have to work my way back up?" Damn right you do. You shit all over your bandmates and your fans, especially your fans in Chicago. All you've proved so far is that you still have yet to change. At this point, it's looking like you never will.

Mark, Flip, Brian - Did you see them pondering stupid questions like this when Alter Bridge came out? Fuck no. They went out and played. They've been playing their asses off for the last year and a half across the world, showing everyone that their hearts and souls are still in the music. What are you doing? You're sitting on your ass hoping you can pick right up where you left off, touring arenas and selling millions of albums. Pathetic.

You flushed your voice, your image and worst of all, your popularity down the toilet three years ago. For your sake, I hope you invested those millions well, because you will never earn that kind of coin ever again.

The Leno peformance just proves that it's over. If you had come out revitalized, re-energized, singing better than ever, maybe you would have had a fighting chance. All I saw was a shell of a man who was desparately and, most of all, insincerely trying to be what he once was.

You were never great Scott, you just had millions fooled. You may still fool some, but never again will you fool the majority.

I'm sorry,...but what an idiot! You wouldn't know good music if it fell outta the sky, landed on your face and started to wiggle. To watch the Leno performance and say that he has lost it?....Like I said before, as far as I'm concerned, Mark, Flip, and Brian turned their back on Creed. Scott was the heart and soul of Creed while Mark was the backbone.
I've been living a double life
Old 11-30-2005, 11:18 PM   #12
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
December 29th, 2002 - Where were you?

I'll tell you where I was. I was witnessing, first hand, the downfall of Scott Stapp and Creed, front row center.

Maybe if you were there, you would have seen first-hand who really turned their back on who.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:39 AM   #13
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
I must agree with Chris, he's flushed his voice down the toilet! Realy, ha has'nt evolved one bit for the better since Creed, he has become worse I would say...
Old 12-01-2005, 09:32 AM   #14
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Secret tunings my ass. Stapp couldnt Tuna Fish. Who does he think he's fooling. ANY IDIOT can tune to drop d or d to d tuning. lol. This guy makes my day every time he says something as stupid as that.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:51 AM   #15
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I hate that MSN interview, lol! It's way too biased in Stapp's favor. Being an equal fan, I'd love to see a fair interview with him, where there's no BS.

I'd love to see a bs free interview by any artist, but I'm not sure any exists. lol.