++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-05-2005, 06:37 PM   #166
sina2b
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Most of them can't handle it... that's why a lot of them die young. I mean... substance abuse killed (in one way or another) Cobain, Layne Staley, Jeff Buckley, Hendrix, Jim Morrison... and countless others. So far, it looks like Stapp has handled drugs, booze, and partying relatively well compared to some of those guys.

Nothing gives "anyone the right the right to do whatever the hell they want," but there have been musicians have done some stuff that would make Stapp look like a choir boy. Yet, it's Stapp that seems to always be put under the spotlight. He's a struggling Christian... everyone knows that. As am I... and millions of other people. I don't see why you guys have a fit everytime he makes a mistake... how does that affect the music he makes? Everyone makes mistakes... and pretty much every rock musician also does. You want trouble free, G-rated music created by G-rated musicians? Go listen to a Hanson record...

Russell Crowe beat the crap out of a hotel worker this year for no reason... but that doesn't mean that Gladiator wasn't a good movie.

those are all medical aspects and side effects of drugs which one chooses to get high rather than living a normal and healthy life, thats up to the person doing it and how long he lives is also his decision and is not effecting people in a negative way. What I mean by the word "handle" means that as long as it doesnt effect the people around them in a negative way theyre all mature and talented people and can make the right decision hopefully, however if it does effect others thats when "other people" are allowed to step in, judge and take part in the issue.

As for the other abnormal behavior you see from other "ROCKSTARS" ive said this before, None of them are trying to portray themselves as the best thing happening to this planet since jesus. As far as I know most of them imply that we are assholes but we make good music and people are buying it so shutup and u have to like us too (thats their attitude) and were proud of being an asshole btw. BUT that is very different from someone who is constantly speaking about love, god, religion and how hes changed and how he looks at the world differently and is trying to show others the "PATH" as well. Thats all BS and if I buy it that makes ME an idiot and Scott a good Sales Person; which hes not at all, cause everyone is starting to know or allready knows that hes fake.

Russell Crowe is an actor, hes getting paid to be something hes really not. Scott is making music from his heart and his experiences which all seem to be BS, he just knows how to write well and none are inspired from himself. And top of all, this being a foot note and not related to his personality; he is no where near Jim Morison or COBAIN as far as the music goes; if he was a true genius in that sence it might have covered for all the shit that he has going on right now, but thats not the case at all.

Last edited by sina2b : 12-05-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:24 PM   #167
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) actually... didn't Jeff Buckley die after drowning in the river? I never knew it was drug related

yeah, that wasn't substance related...he essentially died because he made a bad decision...he was swimming in the harbor at night and wasn't a good enough swimmer to get out of the way of a boat that was bearing down on him...the boat driver didn't see him...the autopsy revealed that, at the time of death, he had NO alcohol or ANY OTHER drug in his system...

Last edited by evyllsummer : 12-05-2005 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:24 AM   #168
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) yeah, that wasn't substance related...he essentially died because he made a bad decision...he was swimming in the harbor at night and wasn't a good enough swimmer to get out of the way of a boat that was bearing down on him...the boat driver didn't see him...the autopsy revealed that, at the time of death, he had NO alcohol or ANY OTHER drug in his system...

I did hear that alcohol may have played apart in his death. But I shouldn't have mentioned his name because of conflicting reason behind his decision.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:38 AM   #169
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I did hear that alcohol may have played apart in his death. But I shouldn't have mentioned his name because of conflicting reason behind his decision.

I actually assumed that he had probably had a few drinks as well, but I looked it up...nada...
Old 12-06-2005, 02:01 AM   #170
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) those are all medical aspects and side effects of drugs which one chooses to get high rather than living a normal and healthy life, thats up to the person doing it and how long he lives is also his decision and is not effecting people in a negative way. What I mean by the word "handle" means that as long as it doesnt effect the people around them in a negative way theyre all mature and talented people and can make the right decision hopefully, however if it does effect others thats when "other people" are allowed to step in, judge and take part in the issue.

As for the other abnormal behavior you see from other "ROCKSTARS" ive said this before, None of them are trying to portray themselves as the best thing happening to this planet since jesus. As far as I know most of them imply that we are assholes but we make good music and people are buying it so shutup and u have to like us too (thats their attitude) and were proud of being an asshole btw. BUT that is very different from someone who is constantly speaking about love, god, religion and how hes changed and how he looks at the world differently and is trying to show others the "PATH" as well. Thats all BS and if I buy it that makes ME an idiot and Scott a good Sales Person; which hes not at all, cause everyone is starting to know or allready knows that hes fake.

Russell Crowe is an actor, hes getting paid to be something hes really not. Scott is making music from his heart and his experiences which all seem to be BS, he just knows how to write well and none are inspired from himself. And top of all, this being a foot note and not related to his personality; he is no where near Jim Morison or COBAIN as far as the music goes; if he was a true genius in that sence it might have covered for all the shit that he has going on right now, but thats not the case at all.

Wow, you act as if Stapp owes you money or something. Jeez, just let it go man. Stapp isn't begging you to believe what he's saying, or to read/listen to articles/interviews, he's not even asking you to buy his music or attend his shows. He's not said he was better than you, or that he was the best thing happening since Jesus either. Dudes just a freakin man that isn't shoving himself at you or anybody else.

Just as you say he's chosen his life as a musician, you've chosen to read everything you can get your hands on about the guy to come to your opinions. Dude, if it bothers you that much that you seem to have taken everything the man has said as personal, and you feel compelled to go on and on in every thread here in this forum, maybe you just need to quit reading what the guy has to say, and move on.

This one man mission you seem to be on, won't change my opinion of Stapp.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:10 AM   #171
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Wow, you act as if Stapp owes you money or something. Jeez, just let it go man. Stapp isn't begging you to believe what he's saying, or to read/listen to articles/interviews, he's not even asking you to buy his music or attend his shows. He's not said he was better than you, or that he was the best thing happening since Jesus either. Dudes just a freakin man that isn't shoving himself at you or anybody else.

Just as you say he's chosen his life as a musician, you've chosen to read everything you can get your hands on about the guy to come to your opinions. Dude, if it bothers you that much that you seem to have taken everything the man has said as personal, and you feel compelled to go on and on in every thread here in this forum, maybe you just need to quit reading what the guy has to say, and move on.

I wouldnt mind getting my $12 back for wethered, but what da hell

Sir the reason i post here isnt that I admire stapp so much to do so, i just realize that there are some people here worth talking to such as yourself. I just like to keep myself busy so I rather have an intelligent conversation rather than watching reruns. and I dont get offended by any negative posts towards myself, but when I see stupidity from intelligent people that does bother me a bit, thats all.

Last edited by sina2b : 12-06-2005 at 02:40 AM.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:43 AM   #172
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase)
Russell Crowe beat the crap out of a hotel worker this year for no reason... but that doesn't mean that Gladiator wasn't a good movie.

Did he act out this stupidity right after releasing his first movie?
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 12-06-2005, 04:55 AM   #173
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) As for the other abnormal behavior you see from other "ROCKSTARS" ive said this before, None of them are trying to portray themselves as the best thing happening to this planet since jesus. As far as I know most of them imply that we are assholes but we make good music and people are buying it so shutup and u have to like us too (thats their attitude) and were proud of being an asshole btw. BUT that is very different from someone who is constantly speaking about love, god, religion and how hes changed and how he looks at the world differently and is trying to show others the "PATH" as well. Thats all BS and if I buy it that makes ME an idiot and Scott a good Sales Person; which hes not at all, cause everyone is starting to know or allready knows that hes fake.

Definitely my point
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 12-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #174
Robin101
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Wow, you act as if Stapp owes you money or something. Jeez, just let it go man. Stapp isn't begging you to believe what he's saying, or to read/listen to articles/interviews, he's not even asking you to buy his music or attend his shows. He's not said he was better than you, or that he was the best thing happening since Jesus either. Dudes just a freakin man that isn't shoving himself at you or anybody else.

I agree. Stapp doesn't owe anyone anything. Some people seem to have this belief that musicians, sportsman, actors etc owe them something because we buy their CD's, watch them perform and see their movies, thus giving them financial freedom and fame.

I see it this way. For the price of a CD, a ticket or cinema admission we get an emotional reward - how many people live for 'their' team, band etc. In return, that person gets a financial reward.

What's more important, happiness or money?

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 12-06-2005, 11:24 PM   #175
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Did he act out this stupidity right after releasing his first movie?

Nope... after releasing his last hit... "Cinderella Man."
Old 12-07-2005, 10:03 AM   #176
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) You have never bought a Led Zeppelin CD? Or a Hendrix? Or Rolling Stones, Or The Doors, or The Beatles... or any other rock act from the 1960s-1970s?

I've never bought a CD almost period. The only ones I buy are jazz and blues CD's... All my rock classics I just burned.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:04 AM   #177
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Nope... after releasing his last hit... "Cinderella Man."

He didn't "beat the crap" out of him, he threw a phone at him. And there is a BIG difference from an isolated incident and a history of doing the same crpa over and over again.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:24 PM   #178
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

wow,...I couldn't agree with you more! When has Scott ever said that he was some Christ-Like Super Christian..??His critics(pretty much everyone here) hands him that label and expects miracles from the man. He's a Christian,..and like ANY Christian,..they are gonna mess up once in a while.
I've been living a double life
Old 12-07-2005, 09:01 PM   #179
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) He didn't "beat the crap" out of him, he threw a phone at him. And there is a BIG difference from an isolated incident and a history of doing the same crpa over and over again.

Yeah, you definitely got my point here.
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 12-08-2005, 01:11 AM   #180
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) He didn't "beat the crap" out of him, he threw a phone at him. And there is a BIG difference from an isolated incident and a history of doing the same crpa over and over again.

Kind of funny who you'll crucify the hell out of Stapp for everything he does... but you'll belittle the situations of others. The man sued Crowe big time because he was assaulted. And Crowe does have a history.