++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 12-03-2005, 02:06 AM   #31
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) man... I'm priviledged for reading Chris' posts! lol Seriously... you should have a music column up somewhere!

I must warn you, Marcos...I'm very susceptible to flattery...

Quote: and yeah, me definately likes Myles is working on his lower register. I don't know much of Cornell though, except for Audioslave. I never got into the early 90's music. Actually I can't seem to like it...

well, it's never too late...Myles has only just recently learned to appreciate Alice In Chains...that's the great thing about music, man...it's NEVER too late...I only REALLY got into Led Zeppelin until a couple of years ago...Buckley, same thing...in fact, for a while there, I was so discouraged with modern rock (this was prior to my discovery of MK) that I would just go back into the seventies and find cool stuff there...

Quote: Once I used to care about Aerosmith, Guns and Nirvana, but I admit it was by pressure of media. I only started caring for music after I heard Higher on the radio. So pretty much, my musical history begins there.

again, though, man, just because that's where it began doesn't mean that you can't go back and check out the older stuff...bands like Van Halen, Night Ranger, and Bon Jovi got me into rock music, but, because of that initial discovery, I have found bands that I like WAY more than those guys...

[although, for the record, I still LOVE Night Ranger (the 80s stuff), and Jack Blades is one of my favorite songwriters...and Van Halen, well, I have everything of theirs except the one that Cherone sang on...]

Quote: Yup...Louder Than Love sold me as well. Even a Cornell not at the '91 level is a bazillion times better than some of the singers out there today.

yup...

Quote: Agreed. I'll listen to the Cornell of today above Chad Kroeger, Brad Arnold or *insert "rock" vocalist here*. Cornell is definitely one of my top 5 favorite vocalists, probably only second to Myles.

yup...although, speaking of vocalists better than most AND someone that sounds like Cornell at times: Ian Thornley...his solo album was ok, but the Big Wreck albums are BRILLIANT!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 11:11 AM   #32
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, I'v heard of Thornley. I think I DLed a song by him called "So far, so good". I really liked his vocals on that so I'll have to check out the Big Wreck stuff.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-03-2005, 12:28 PM   #33
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yeah, I'v heard of Thornley. I think I DLed a song by him called "So far, so good". I really liked his vocals on that so I'll have to check out the Big Wreck stuff.

yeah, the Big Wreck stuff is significantly better than Thornley...the second BW album The Pleasure And The Greed has Thornley doing some pretty cool stuff, INCLUDING singing a song called "Breakthrough" with another up and coming vocalist named Myles F'n Kennedy...
Old 12-03-2005, 06:38 PM   #34
RMadd
USER INFO »
bah, Chad Kroeger and Nickelback suck, and i've gotten a bit sick of 3DD.

Old 12-05-2005, 01:51 AM   #35
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) bah, Chad Kroeger and Nickelback suck, and i've gotten a bit sick of 3DD.

I think that "Photograph" is pretty decent for a country song...
Old 12-05-2005, 02:40 AM   #36
RMadd
USER INFO »
i actually came across (or maybe someone posted on here... i don't recall) someone else's "remix" of "How You Remind Me" (their 1st most-overplayed lead single) and "Someday" (their 2nd-most-overplayed lead single)... granted it did require slowing down the tempo of one of the two, but they are structured almost exactly identically! i think i still have it, if anyone's interested. and Photograph, to me, isn't really that much different from anything else they've done. for me, there's nothing about them, or 3DD, for that matter, that really stands out, above any other bands today.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:03 AM   #37
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
oh, I agree that Nickelback is nothing special, but the song "Photograph" sounds like what is called "new country"...if I heard that song and someone told me that it was Keith Urban or something, I wouldn't have been surprised at all...
Old 12-05-2005, 10:20 AM   #38
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) I think that "Photograph" is pretty decent for a country song...

LOL! "Photograph" features some of the worst song lyrics ever. Even my friend who likes the song admits that. Far worse than even a Barenaked Ladies song(I'm still debating on what the worst thing to come out of Canada is: Barenaked Ladies, Nickelback or Celine Dion). Anyway, I think I started hating Nickelback right around the time their last CD was released. The singles were just so horrid(especially "Feelin' Way Too Damn Good") that I couldn't like them at all, no matter how good the rest of their CD was(and from what I've heard, the rest of that CD wasn't good). Basically, Nickelback's songs make me want to bash my head against the wall.

3DD, unfortunately, isn't much better. But I don't dislike them as much as I dislike Nickelback and Puddle of Mudd.

RMadd, would you be so kind as to upload that remix to yousendit.com and post the link here? I've heard about the remix, but never actually listened to it.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:42 AM   #39
rainfall
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessmike) Ive also really gotten into MF4...theyre really good. Cant believe I never heard of them before Myles joined AB. I listen to SS just as much as ODR or TGD...Hopefully Myles will have some more input on the next AB record and collaborate with Tremo to create some really awesome material!

If I am remembering right... I do believe Myles will have a very strong hand in writing the next album. Of course Tremonti will be a part of it I am sure...but difinitely Myles will be putting more than two cents in he has to.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:12 PM   #40
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I like Nickelback's "Someday" and "How You Remind Me". Don't care for the rest though.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #41
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by rainfall) [/b]

If I am remembering right... I do believe Myles will have a very strong hand in writing the next album. Of course Tremonti will be a part of it I am sure...but difinitely Myles will be putting more than two cents in he has to.

yeah, the next album will be much more of a collaborative effort with Myles and Mark...Mark had half of the last album done before Myles was on board, so Myles will DEFINITELY have a bigger role in the writing this time around...that's one of the reasons that Mark wanted Myles in the first place...killer singer and has a LOT of experience writing songs...
Old 12-05-2005, 03:19 PM   #42
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I like Nickelback's "Someday" and "How You Remind Me". Don't care for the rest though.
Nickelback's earlier stuff is really good! Much heavier than the new, commerical, stuff

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-05-2005, 03:36 PM   #43
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I like Nickelback's "Someday" and "How You Remind Me". Don't care for the rest though.

I didn't mind those two at first--even liked "Someday"--but once they got played to death, it just ruined it for me because the songs weren't that great in the first place. With Creed, I can hear "Higher" a thousand times and never get tired of it. I think that's a testament to how much I love the lyrics, vocals and music to that song. I can't say the same for a lot of the other "rock" bands who are popular right now, because a lot of it just all sounds the same. More and more I find myself going back in time to find good stuff from the 80s/90s, since a lot of the stuff currently popular is just so bland and boring. I guess I'm tired of a lot of the generic rock out there today, all the bands trying to copy Pearl Jam or Nirvana or Creed or Soundgarden or *insert popular 90s/00s band here*. I just hope that more original bands like Foo Fighters, Audioslave etc. come along and dominate rock radio, because I'm getting pretty irritated with hearing Nickelback, Hinder, 3DD, 10 Years and Seether everytime I turn on the radio...

Old 12-05-2005, 03:42 PM   #44
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I guess I'm tired of a lot of the generic rock out there today, all the bands trying to copy Pearl Jam or Nirvana or Creed or Soundgarden or *insert popular 90s/00s band here*. I just hope that more original bands like Foo Fighters, Audioslave etc. come along and dominate rock radio, because I'm getting pretty irritated with hearing Nickelback, Hinder, 3DD, 10 Years and Seether everytime I turn on the radio...

we're on the same page, man...to me, for the longest time, ALL I was hearing on the radio were derivatives of those first Seattle groundbreakers like Nirvana, PJ/MLB, Soundgarden, AIC, and Smashing Pumpkins...I had lost interest in modern rock until I heard the song "Summergirl"...and, yeah, I'm with you on Audioslave...they're the only bigger band out there right now that, to my thinking, is carving their own niche in the music scene...and, yeah, as for the Foo Fighters, even though I feel like they musically peaked with The Colour And The Shape, I feel that they are not capitulating to modern trends (for the most part)...
Old 12-05-2005, 06:57 PM   #45
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) yeah, the next album will be much more of a collaborative effort with Myles and Mark...Mark had half of the last album done before Myles was on board, so Myles will DEFINITELY have a bigger role in the writing this time around...that's one of the reasons that Mark wanted Myles in the first place...killer singer and has a LOT of experience writing songs...

You just forgot to say " writing amazing songs"...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too