++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-30-2005, 04:35 AM   #61
sina2b
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessmike) Although an excellent fansite, youre not alone in thinking that at times it can be obsessive and rather irritating. I would say to say whatever you want here, but try to be reasonable and respectful of others' opinions as well. Sure, Scott has had or still does have some issues, as do we all, but what's the point of constantly dwelling on them? Despite that, I'm a fan of his for the music. Everything else is really pretty meaningless.

THANK YOU for reading through my post and actully thinking about it rather then getting offended very fast, i dont mean to offend anyone here! and from what i understand the main subject of this topic is scott and his issues rather than discussing his performance on the show, forgive me if im wrong.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:46 AM   #62
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) That makes no absolutely no sense.

Your first posts here were unsubstantiated attacks on personal life in threads about his music. I'm a mod here, so yeah, this IS my business. I think you just want to stir the pot, since you repeat the same crap.
PPOR.

Im not surprised it doesnt make any sense to u.

why dont you go ahead and block me then, unless it doesnt make any sense to you. If this is how the way this board works TOO i rather be blocked, please!

Last edited by sina2b : 11-30-2005 at 05:00 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:58 PM   #63
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) Im not surprised it doesnt make any sense to u.

why dont you go ahead and block me then, unless it doesnt make any sense to you. If this is how the way this board works TOO i rather be blocked, please!
It makes no sense as an argument. It's a ridiculous comparison. It was a weak defense.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:58 PM   #64
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) It makes no sense as an argument. It's a ridiculous comparison. It was a weak defense.

why is it weak, you said you can not know if he has issues unless you know him personally, by that I ment weve read and heard enough to know that he clearly has issues, in different scales but he does have issues.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:02 PM   #65
audi1999
USER INFO »
Not Lip singing on Kelly and Regis

I was at the show and Scott was not lip singing he was extemely nice at the end of the show he came out to sign autographs until the paparazzi came and messed everything up then his body guards rushed him off.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:24 PM   #66
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
thank you sweetheart i for one dont believe or buy that he was lip singing people got probleams Welcome aboard
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 12-01-2005, 12:44 AM   #67
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) But if it wasnt for Scott Mark may have not done so well but he wouldve at least been where he is now as far as AB goes.
I'm not so sure you can say that. We don't know anything about what motivated Mark to starting trying to shred alot more. If not for Stapp, they (Mark, Flip, & Brian) might still be playing in bar bands in Tallahassee... or wherever....

Old 12-01-2005, 02:39 AM   #68
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) I'm not so sure you can say that. We don't know anything about what motivated Mark to starting trying to shred alot more. If not for Stapp, they (Mark, Flip, & Brian) might still be playing in bar bands in Tallahassee... or wherever....

Guitarists like mark, bassists like brian, and drummers like flip dont play in bars. Songwriters and drunks like stapp...do.

I never followed creed for stapp, and not too many people that i know that followed creed did. I know a lot of people who loved tremonti's style but hated stapp, and listened to creed for only that reason, and rejoiced when stapp got the boot.

And believe me, there is nothing wrong with playing in a bar, thats where every band that is living the dream started out, in a bar. You dont just automatically get inducted into the Hall of Fame when you drag your instruments out of ur garage, it doesnt come overnight, it happens over time, long amounts of time. And in my own opinion, stapp wouldnt be where he is today if he wouldnt have met Tremonti, so, it can be said either way. All i know is that it takes more than a singer to make a band, and all it takes is a wrong move to destroy a band. I see stapp making that wrong move again, and he will eventually fade from the scene because he has no people skills, and as an entertainer, thats 90% of the gig.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 12-01-2005, 05:02 PM   #69
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) Defenitely not lip synch....as for the Stapp/311 skirmish you have got to be legally retarded. Any fight in a public place with celebrities would be all over the news. Your friend is about as reliable as three-legged ballerina.
What's the matter with you? Can't you respect other members?

Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) you heard it off of an ALTERBRIDGE forum,..it doesn't take a genius to figure this one out
Is that supposed to be an issult?

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) And I'll say again, you claim they sound like Creed right. Well, if they sound like them, then it would stand to reason that maybe Mark wasn't the musical genius everyone thinks he is. I mean, if it's that easy to replicate the sound. So does that make Mark less talented...or Stapp a better one.
No, I really just thinks it makes Stapp a Tremonti rip-off...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-01-2005, 05:52 PM   #70
titan9
USER INFO »
I think what he meant, Lith, was that it wouldn't at all be hard to believe that someone on the AB forum would post something malicious to hurt Stapp's career. Quite a few AB fans over there happen to be avid Stapp haters, and it would not shock me to see them posting that stuff. I'm not saying I agree with what he said, but I didn't interpret it as an insult.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-02-2005, 12:18 AM   #71
ScottStappcutie
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) and supposedly he had been beat up?...and by a pansy reggae band?

By all accounts, the pansy reggae band pretty much beat him down. =)
Old 12-02-2005, 02:45 AM   #72
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) why isnt it clear for people that this guy has issues? for example the issue with his Dr. and how proud he is that the Dr.s license is revoked and how his "past" issues is all his fault. How stupid would you be to go on hardcore medications from a "Rock'n'roll" Dr. (according to his own words) for about a year and then realize it has side effects; and then blame it on him???.

I got a medical marijuana prescription from a Dr. who i paid $150 to issue it to me when i was 18. but do I blame the Dr. for all the marijuana i consumed at that time and the damage ive suffered from or not!! hell no unless theres something very wrong with me!
He constantly blames everybody for all his past/present issues. If he is so mentally mature (according to his songs) why the hell doesnt he take responsibilty for all the screw-ups hes made over time?? You know I can care less about scott but the fact that I see people adoring him (not you man) is really on my nurves. Cuz being stupid is one thing, but ignoring reality and supporting stupidity is another. This is all my oponion so i dont mean to offend any hardcore stapp fans, and for the pbf members who read this im glad i can say what goes on in my head without getting a bunch of meaningless obsessive replies in this forum and being banned , thanks admin

I consider myself a "hardcore stapp fan", but I'm one who chooses not to discuss any "issues" the man may have. But I will discuss things that I've read, and understand.

Dude, the whole "throat, took one for the team" was just that. If he didn't take the injections, he couldn't perform, he couldn't perform...tour cancelled. People were pissed at the concerts that were cancelled, ex-bandmates mentioned it in previous interviews as well. So what, exactly would you have done? Been crucified for cancelling and being a man enough to handle the critisims of not only your fans, but your own bandmates....or taken the meds, became dependant on them, got crucified again for the way they made you look, and been man enough to handle those critisims as well??

Who would you blame? Yourself, the Dr., the fans, management, label, your bandmates?. And I gotta say, I guess Ozzie was just as stupid, cause the same Dr. treated him.

Man, you can dislike Stapp all you want, for whatever reason strikes your fancy, hell, you can even make stuff up if that's what you want to do, but damn, I just see things in a different way, so please don't try to shove your crap down my throat.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:50 AM   #73
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ScottStappcutie) By all accounts, the pansy reggae band pretty much beat him down. =)

Hmmm, according to the AP article, that pansy reggae band may be in some pretty deep doo-doo.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:54 AM   #74
ctfan
USER INFO »
I'm too far behind on my reading here, and keeping up with things, and this quite possibly the wrong thread to post this in, but I wanted to say that I caught both Leno and Regis/Kelly performances and thought that they were great!

The music was moving it, the voice was strong, and I enjoyed watching!
Old 12-02-2005, 03:20 AM   #75
ScottStappcutie
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Hmmm, according to the AP article, that pansy reggae band may be in some pretty deep doo-doo.

It says nothing of the sort, and I'm sure if anything were to happen, it would be worth every penny.