++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 12-20-2003, 07:47 AM   #31
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Glad I could be of assistance!! (for the avie) I'm with you Dogstar, but you already know that from our chats! I too have just recently become totally hooked/obsessed with Maynard!! I've always liked Tool/APC, but after seeing him live, I can't get enough!! I am getting a DVD of the show we saw a couple of weeks ago, now that's the show were my total obsession started!! Maynard rocks my world like no other!! Yes, I do have my other favorite bands and frontmen that are totally awesome, but Maynard is definately at the TOP of my list now!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 12-20-2003, 06:52 PM   #32
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That is so cool about the DVD...also, you're show is up for download on the .net site! I'm downloading the Connecticut show as well and then yours ! I want to hear what you heard . My show isn't up yet, and I didn't win the DVD, but I'm hoping mine will show up on the .net site, too! That site RULES...for all you APC fans:

www.aperfectcircle.net. It's a terrific fan site. Up-to-date news and other goodies!
Old 12-21-2003, 09:51 AM   #33
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
My kid and I LOVE YOU for hooking us up with that site!! We downloaded the show from August at the Pantages Theatre...That was the most kick ass show of all, mainly because we were only about 30 feet from stage!! To be ohh sooo close to Maynard!! Unfortunely (or maybe it was fortunate..lol) I wasn't as obsessed then, but I certainly am now!!!! Our last show did it for me, and with all our chats about him, ummm, I LOVE MAYNARD!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 12-21-2003, 12:17 PM   #34
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I have to thank my Jerry board friend for the site info! She's as nuts about Maynard as we are, hehehe.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:18 PM   #35
hide
USER INFO »
Tool is so progressive and the muscianship is fantastic but APC is a lot more accessible and I find listenable then Tool. Both great bands though!
Old 12-23-2003, 10:32 AM   #36
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Hey guys, I got to borrow their first cd on Saturday and burned it for myself! "Mer de Noms" It's pretty good! I don't know how many of you have this one or heard it but, it's just as good as 13th step! The second song "Magdalena" is really good!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 12-24-2003, 09:37 PM   #37
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I have Mer de Noms, too. It totally rocks. And this year was the first time I heard those songs live...Woooo-hooooooo. Magdalena is awesome, as are The Hollow, and Thinking of You, and The Rose, and, and, heh, I love them all! Judith is killer and Brena is so melodic and beautiful.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:27 PM   #38
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Finally got 13th step..... as a christmas present. This album is trriiiiippppy. Favorite so far is the noose. Although for me, it really is just a tease for more tool. I like APC, but I love tool... any time maynard spends on APC is pushing back another tool album. Oh well, it will hold me off for a while.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:44 PM   #39
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by bgivens33) Finally got 13th step..... as a christmas present. This album is trriiiiippppy. Favorite so far is the noose. Although for me, it really is just a tease for more tool. I like APC, but I love tool... any time maynard spends on APC is pushing back another tool album. Oh well, it will hold me off for a while.
Heh, I'll take Maynard anyway I can get him .
Old 12-27-2003, 10:32 AM   #40
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by bgivens33) any time maynard spends on APC is pushing back another tool album. Oh well, it will hold me off for a while.

I sooo agree with you!!! I have yet to see Tool live and it's driving me NUTS!! I've seen APC three times this year and like Dogstar said, I'll take Maynard ANYWAY I can get him, but I do want APC to stop and let Maynard get back to Tool. I do love APC, but Tool is the one I need to get new music from and get those boys back out on the road so I can see them!!! My daughter and I are saving our pennies so we can see as many shows of theirs as possible!! I'm hoping that when they do finally tour that it will be during the summer so I can take vacation and travel to see them, I want to go to as many shows as I possibly can!! Tool/APC and especially Maynard.......ROCK MY WORLD!!!!!!!!

Old 12-27-2003, 01:58 PM   #41
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Luvscott, I'm with you on Tool, too. I haven't seen them live, but boy, when they do tour, I'm sooooo there....I hope it's summer, too!
Old 12-27-2003, 03:36 PM   #42
bgivens33
USER INFO »
I have seen, Pearl Jam, Creed, Metallica, and Tool live(along with other smaller bands).... Tool blows them all out of the water. I can't wait until another Tool album.
Old 12-27-2003, 06:02 PM   #43
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yes, I have heard Tool shows are unbelievable. I can't wait!!!
Old 12-28-2003, 10:34 AM   #44
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
My daughter is a total Tool/APC/Maynard freak!! She has seen them twice and she says to this day, they were the best concerts she's every been to, and we've been to ALOT in the last year and a half...Although, I think she'd also have to say the APC were the best too, but of course, it's MAYNARD!!! We are dedicating a wall in our house all things Tool and APC...We have a couple of regular sized posters and smaller ones of Maynard and such we've gotten out of mags...and for xmas, she got the COOLEST present EVER!! I had my folks get her the picture album of Mer De Noms...It's flippen AWESOME!! I wish I had thought about getting it for her b4 I was done shopping, I wanted to give it to her sooo bad, but hey, atleast she got it, it ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-28-2003, 11:58 AM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
OMG, I want that picture album!!! Where did you get it, Luvscott?? I tried a Hot Topic near me, but they don't sell CDs. What's it like?