++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 06-14-2003, 02:57 AM   #1
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Smoking

Haven been smoking since like freshman year of highschool (or was it 8th grade? well I had quit a while ago).
Been chillinh with my friend the other day, and she busts out pack of mentols.
Sure as hell I should not not asked for one.
Had craving for the whole day afterwards.
What the hell?
After smoking pot I dont get cravings, but get after tobacco?
Crazy.
Old 06-14-2003, 03:20 AM   #2
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Smoking is stupid. I've never smoked before, none of my friends have - I just don't get why people do it for. My Grandfather died of lung cancer and it wasn't pretty. If I were a smoker and saw what my Grandfather went though I would stop immediately.

This also reminds of a very moving person I've had the pleasure to casually talk with on the Internet. A fellow Nickelback fan from Canada with named Chris (aka "Cashew") died on February 3rd of this year from lung failure, just one day after his 25th birthday. It's really sad. If you smoke, I advise you to rethink your situation and also please take a look at the following threads posted by Cashew on the Nickelback messageboard:

1. http://www.nickelback.com/board/topic.asp?...le=General+Talk
2. http://www.nickelback.com/board/topic.asp?...le=General+Talk

And this one was posted by Cashew's friend:

http://www.nickelback.com/board/topic.asp?...le=General+Talk

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 06-14-2003, 03:31 AM   #3
Lechium
USER INFO »
Damn....
Pot it is -- much more harmess lol
Old 06-14-2003, 03:53 AM   #4
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
I dont see how people smoke. I prefer not to breathe in smoke. However a friend of mine put it to me like this: Im gonna die anyway, I might as well do what I please before hand. Couldn't fault his reasoning. I still don't know how someone can pick up smoking, its unnatural.
Old 06-14-2003, 03:55 AM   #5
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
It's addictive and very hard to stop. My mum is a chained smoker, and I'm sure she is going to die of smoking some day. She coughs like hardout every day, coughs up disgusting phlem, she is overweight, (my mum would kill me if she saw this) :lol: But even so, her active life is very below average because of her smoking, not just because of her weight.

The first time I tried smoking was about 3-4 months ago, everyone in the house had gone out and because my mum is a chain smoker she has packets and packets of smokes everywhere, so just out of curiosity, (as all teenagers do) I picked it up, sparked up, and tried it for the first time. I felt lightheaded and pretty sick, but alot of my friends at school smoke heavily, and because I hang around them and they smoke infront of me, I got used to it, and eventually got the hang on how to smoke, properly. I wish that I never did I smoke abit now. (How embarrasing telling you guys, will you think lower of me?) About half of one everyday, because me and my friends share one.

Alot of teenagers are smoking these days because of peer pressure and just general curiosity, but once you start, it's hard to just forget about smokes.

It's really a disgusting habit, and when I start my course/training for my job, I wont have time to just light one up, so I'll stop. That's when I will leave school too, so it will be easier having no one around you smoking...

Just thought i'd share that with you.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 06-14-2003, 03:57 AM   #6
hayley
USER INFO »
It's actually easy, just read my above post.

Because I am around friends that smoke, they offer you one so it's like "yeah okay thanks" you do it without even thinking about it.

Plus like I said my parent's smoke (yeah my dad smokes too) so that's another reason.

It's really easy to pick up.

Old 06-14-2003, 04:09 AM   #7
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
I beg to differ... I know people who smoke, they've offered it to me. I simply said no. And really it is a terrible habbit. You say you'll stop once you get a job, but will you really? It's addictive, and it starts with just one.

Quote: However a friend of mine put it to me like this: Im gonna die anyway, I might as well do what I please before hand. Couldn't fault his reasoning

Yea, we are all going to die, but I'd much rather die in a peacful manner. If you contract lung cancer due to smoking it is not pretty. It can go two different ways - the cancer starts in the lung and spreads to another organ (such as the brain or liver) or as in my Grandfather's case, it can spread to your bones. If you ever get a chance to witness someone with cancer in their lung and bones and you smoke, I'd highly recommend you speak with that person. You'll stop smoking immediatly.. I guarantee it.

Quote: Pot it is -- much more harmess lol

lol

Old 06-14-2003, 04:14 AM   #8
hayley
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Steve
I beg to differ... I know people who smoke, they've offered it to me. I simply said no. And really it is a terrible habbit. You say you'll stop once you get a job, but will you really? It's addictive, and it starts with just one.

Yeah you're right, it does just start with one, and it is very very hard to stop. But, I think I will, because the career I have in mind and the course/training that I am doing for it means a great lot of deal to me, and I really want to get the job that I have wanted for awhile now. If I want it, I will have to stop, so I will stop.

Old 06-14-2003, 04:16 AM   #9
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Well good luck !! Really I hope you do.

Old 06-14-2003, 04:24 AM   #10
hayley
USER INFO »
Thanks Steve. :P I hope I do too. I don't want it to ruin my life, I mean you might question so why are you doing it now, but it's really hard, I have already tried giving up twice now, and it's just so hard because nearly all of my friends smoke, like I said, they are all smoking around me, so I can hardly just stop hanging around them and breaking friendships just because I want to stop smoking, you know? I'll be okay though, only another 3 years :lol: (Sorry, not a laughing subject)

And...what the hell is your avie?

Old 06-14-2003, 07:07 AM   #11
JenRN
USER INFO »
I don't smoke and never will!!! I don't like the smell or anything. It is everyone's personal choice though, it is like anything you know the consequences of it and if you still choose to do it well, that is your choice! As a nurse I have seen some horrific things happen to people who smoke, there are so many things that happen like COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) or cancer, asthma etc..... it is all around bad for you, but like I said life is made of decisions and I choose not to do it, but I try not to judge others who do, I just don't hang around them while they smoke!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-14-2003, 08:24 AM   #12
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
My parents both smoked, my Mom started when she was 12. Several years ago my dad quit cold turkey and my mom has tried for years to quit, with no success. When I was a kid, I had allergies and had to go for allergy shots every week. At that time, besides being allergic to pet dander, grass, pollen, etc. my mom always told both my brother and I that we were both allergic to cigarette smoke and if we started smoking it would kill us. Apparently it took because aside from the natural curiosity of a teenager trying it out, I never picked up the habit. Neither did my brother (although he did become a fire fighter so he does eat smoke on a different level). I'm going to tell my kids the same lie in the hopes that it'll keep them away from it as well. Yes, lying is bad, but it kept me from smoking and probably added several years to my life, so sue me.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 06-14-2003, 09:33 AM   #13
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by addicted2stapp
If I want it, I will have to stop, so I will stop.

about likr 90% of smokers say theyll stop, and 5% actually do.

u cant just put it down and not smoke. You have the obssesvive craving and addiction. Its a billion times harder than it sounds.

and yeha i dont smoke, and hopefully never will,
Smoking is
Expensive
Stupid
Suicidal

and most people die when they are 70 or 65 from smoking, but kids 15 and 13 die too of lung cancer from it. Just not as often.

Also if u smoke, say goodby to all active sports and so-on. Cuz smokers damage their lungs and u cant use em as well cuz their clogged and u cant run/ have any stamana compared to not smoking.
Also it maked ur breath stink, teeth yellow, and is nasty.

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 06-14-2003, 12:14 PM   #14
marlsy
USER INFO »
well I believe in will power, I smoked since I was 12 and as soon as I got preggers when I was 21 I put them down and never looked at them again. Yeah it's not easy, but it is a choice. Yeah the withdrawls can be hell but it's still a CHOICE! I believe my Mom died from smoking, she had high blood pressure do to it and died from that and she was trying to quit when she died, she was using those patches. I believe that steady stream of nicotine took her blood pressure over the edge and killed her. My girls know this and I really believe they will not pick up a cig in their life time because of it, they loved her dearly. I really believe if you want or don't want to do something bad enough you can do it if you have the will. It's all a choice..... You choose to pick up a cig and light it...... noone makes you.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:25 PM   #15
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I've never smoked and I'm glad that I never tried it although I thought about it once. Like Jen, I can't stand the smell but if other people want to smoke, that's their choice and their right to do so. Hayley, to answer your question, no, I don't think less of you for smoking.

Relearn Love