++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-11-2004, 09:34 PM   #91
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
You're probably right. I'd imagine Goneblind is juggling playing their own music, being Scott's backing band for his solo album and playing the occasional Creed song whereas this tribute band is probably just focusing on playing Creed songs. Like I said, I'll have to download those cover songs and see how good they sound.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-12-2004, 01:41 AM   #92
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
The background music is okay, but I listened to one track song and I can't take the singer. He doesn't give me the same effect as it does with Stapp...

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 12-12-2004, 02:03 AM   #93
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
I think they do the music fairly well. The singing is different, but it's still decent. Unfortunately this band just played its farewell show.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:34 PM   #94
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I don't remember hearing that it was definite that Gone Blind was going to be Scott's backing band. Is this for sure?
Old 12-13-2004, 12:20 PM   #95
titan9
USER INFO »
Well, since they were the ones at the Nascar awards and since the Tea Party aren't working with Scott anymore, I guess everyone figures it'll be Gone Blind. But like you said, nobody has 100% confirmed it. Perhaps if Wind Up got off their lazy butts and created a full Scott Stapp site, maybe we'd know?

Old 12-14-2004, 06:38 PM   #96
RMadd
USER INFO »
wait... is My Sacrifice based out of St. Louis or something? I'll download the free tracks, give 'em a listen... but I would certainly hope a Creed cover band would do better than a shitty backing band

Old 12-14-2004, 07:20 PM   #97
RMadd
USER INFO »
listened to My Sacrifice (the song)... it seemed a bit slow.....

Old 12-14-2004, 09:19 PM   #98
titan9
USER INFO »
I still have to DL their version of MOP to see how it is.

Old 12-20-2004, 06:54 AM   #99
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
In my opinion Scott made a decent show. He is singing in a different way, forcing less his voice. We can see it on Relearn Love. The band is not bad, they aren't Tremonti & cia, but still was a decent presentation. I think its all gonna be better when they play his solo thing...but, with all these things happen, Scott using Creed songs...I will not be surprised if he continue with Creed with this guys for backband. Axel did it with Guns n' Roses...

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge
Old 12-20-2004, 10:58 AM   #100
titan9
USER INFO »
I honestly feel like when he does release his solo album, he'll focus entirely on that. Right now, he hasn't released any solo song except Relearn Love, so there isn't much to promote there. But with the Creed greatest hits CD recently coming out, and Stapp being the only one willing to promote it, he's got Creed to promote and he's doing that by singing Higher, WAWO Etc. Like I've said, I do not like the idea of him singing Creed songs, but I've come to accept the fact and still support him as a solo artist. His voice is still pretty good, maybe not as good as the MOP days, but pretty good nonetheless and I am looking forward to his solo career. He's still got it on a vocals, judging by Relearn Love and his performance of Higher, and he's probably still got it lyrically as well. Hopefully in March we'll see how good his solo stuff is.

Old 12-20-2004, 12:02 PM   #101
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
hey, i have an acoustic version of With Arms Wide Open that I did if you want to hear it, i messed up the guitar slightly in one part , but i played it on my 12 string, it doesnt sound bad tho. If you want to hear it, PM me or get me on aol instant messenger at beerbobkegpants and ill send it to you over direct connect.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 12-20-2004, 03:10 PM   #102
titan9
USER INFO »
Hey, I'd be interested in hearing it. Could you send it to me through yousendit.com? My email is [email protected].

Old 12-20-2004, 05:50 PM   #103
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Hey, i sent it. Its not as good as i normally do it, i had to sing it and play it at the same time on my 12 string, i dubbed the solo over the one part and tried cleaning it up a little, so you can hear a little bit of the slap that the pick makes on the strings.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 12-21-2004, 03:14 PM   #104
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I honestly feel like when he does release his solo album, he'll focus entirely on that. Right now, he hasn't released any solo song except Relearn Love, so there isn't much to promote there. But with the Creed greatest hits CD recently coming out, and Stapp being the only one willing to promote it, he's got Creed to promote and he's doing that by singing Higher, WAWO Etc. Like I've said, I do not like the idea of him singing Creed songs, but I've come to accept the fact and still support him as a solo artist. His voice is still pretty good, maybe not as good as the MOP days, but pretty good nonetheless and I am looking forward to his solo career. He's still got it on a vocals, judging by Relearn Love and his performance of Higher, and he's probably still got it lyrically as well. Hopefully in March we'll see how good his solo stuff is.
I couldn't agree more.