++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-04-2004, 06:06 PM   #31
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
It's up on PBF.

He performed Higher and Relearn Love, but only Higher was aired... shame...
Old 12-04-2004, 06:40 PM   #32
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It is? I checked earlier, but I didn't see it. Oh well. Will check later. Thanks, Marcos.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:42 PM   #33
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) You're right. I've never debated the idea that Stapp playing Creed stuff would booster his career. In fact, it's a great way for him to build up his name in the music industry again. However my issue is why live on the past? If Stapp wants be known as "that guy from Creed" then let him play as much stuff from Creed as he wants. If he wants to be known as "Scott Stapp" then he should solely focus on his solo career and not Creed material.

I thought Stapp sounded pretty good in the performance. However his voice is still not the same as it used to be, and it's very clear. Just pop in a bootleg of Creed from 1998 or early-mid 1999 and you can hear a tremendous difference. Anyone who says otherwise has to be completely biased because it's very apparent he doesn't sing the same as he used to. Before Stapp used to hold notes longer, sing high notes higher, etc. He doesn't do that anymore.

Steve, i totally agree with you on this, but would like to add something to it....... By Stapp performing Creed songs I believe he's losing a large portion of his old fan base. Most Creed fans don't want their memories disturbed by him performing Creed songs with another band, it's just not the same. Sure, the Stapp lovers won't really be affected by this, but he'll lose all respect from people on the Alter Bridge "side" of things, and most of the pure Creed fans. But, like you said, he should get a number of new fans...... But in my opinion i don't believe that these new fans will stick by Stapp like the old Creed fans would have, had he not performed the Creed songs....... so he may benifit from this in the immediate future, but it will hurt him in the long run..... i don't know if i got my point about this across very clear but i can't seem to find the right words for it.

also i'd like to say, Stapps performance may not have been quite as good as it would have been in '98 and '99, but it was a hell of a lot better than what it was at the World Series!
Old 12-04-2004, 06:51 PM   #34
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) It's up on PBF.

He performed Higher and Relearn Love, but only Higher was aired... shame...
I can't stand him anymore... No one can replace Creed!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-04-2004, 06:56 PM   #35
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: also i'd like to say, Stapps performance may not have been quite as good as it would have been in '98 and '99, but it was a hell of a lot better than what it was at the World Series!
That's good to hear.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:19 PM   #36
Agent D
USER INFO »
Wow, I didn't like that at all. Maybe that band's name should be Gone Deaf instead of Gone Blind. Anyone else notice they weren't playing at the right tempo? The whole thing seemed really off and not just because that wasn't Tremo, Brian, and Flip performing with Scott. If he wants to perform Creed songs, fine, but he could at least get some talented musicians to help him out.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:28 PM   #37
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) sumbitch, i'm working tonite & don't have a vcr
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 12-04-2004, 10:51 PM   #38
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: No one can replace Creed!!

...No ONE is trying to replace Creed...IMHO
Old 12-05-2004, 01:41 AM   #39
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
just Stapp, by playing Creed songs, being introduced as "formerly of Creed", and finding Creed look-a-likes to play Creed's songs, promotiong himself as having been in Creed.....
just a little.....

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 12-05-2004, 06:56 AM   #40
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I've lost a wholel lot of respect for him lately

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-05-2004, 09:34 AM   #41
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) just Stapp, by playing Creed songs, being introduced as "formerly of Creed", and finding Creed look-a-likes to play Creed's songs, promotiong himself as having been in Creed.....
just a little.....
not to mention promoting the GH album...
Old 12-05-2004, 09:53 AM   #42
StillACreedFan
USER INFO »
I think everyone's overlooking the fact that right now his solo stuff hasn't been released. Once his solo album is out he'll probably sing almost entirely new stuff.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:37 PM   #43
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: I think everyone's overlooking the fact that right now his solo stuff hasn't been released. Once his solo album is out he'll probably sing almost entirely new stuff.

StillaCreedFan, thanks for pointing that out, but you might just be wasting your breath...it appears that opinions have been drawn, minds have been closed and many have made their decisions...that's not to say that they probably won't be changed down the line...

Of course once the solo album is out he will be singing entirely new stuff...they know that too...seems that sometimes people just have to have something to "bitch" about...

btw..."Gone Blind" looks NOTHING like the band members of "Alter Bridge" formerly known as "Creed"......at least from where i was sitting...
Old 12-05-2004, 03:11 PM   #44
Trimontana
USER INFO »
I saw the performance and i dunno...it's just felt weird. I can't say i did like it. He sounded not Scott. That's a shame....i couldn't feel the same that when the four of them used to play that song. And his voice is still very damaged. He should think in recover it perfectly before record an album, i think it's more important.

Last edited by Trimontana : 12-05-2004 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:48 PM   #45
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Okay, I'm just gonna tell you all that that video makes me sick! I can't believe he's pulling this stuff without Flip and Tru being there. I mean, how would he like it if Myles got on stage and started singing, "Well I just heard the news today...?" I'm seriously considering not supporting Scott's solo efforts anymore!!!
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)