++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-28-2006, 10:15 AM   #1
JPB
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Something is amiss

I would love to be a fly on the wall to see why Scott is going to open up for INXS. INXS is a has been band that at there peak never sold near the amount that CReed did. I wonder why with Scott's ego he would open up for a has been band. I don't think thats very good advertisment for his album especially when he is trying to re-establish himeslf.. Plus he doing a lot of dates with INXS not just a few. Something does not seem right and I don't think Scott would have requested this.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:22 PM   #2
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Re: Something is amiss

well of course now that makes a lot of sense who would,nt like to be the freaking opening act but all i can say !!!! Its Not About How Much Money Your Making Or How Or Who Is Headlining Or Not Like Bobby Dall Said poisons Orginal Bass Man Its About Going Out And Playing And Doing What You Love The Most And The Satasfaction Of Knowing This Is What I Love And Im Doing It if you perform in front of 30 people or 30 thousand its just about doing what you love...
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 04-28-2006, 03:46 PM   #3
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

this is a very weird combination, and they are doing a TON of dates... i agree with JPB, i don't think Scott had much say in this. My guess is Wind-Up is pissed that the cd didn't go diamond and they've pretty much given up on him like they've done with so many others . I think they see INXS as a band who recently had lots of public attention and would see an increase in concert attendance so sticking Scott in there as the opening act he might get more sales :S, and it might also cost them less compared to if he were headlining.

personally i think this is terrible, and would just leave after Scott left the stage haha. but i don't have to worry about that since they're not coming to Toronto!.... come on now... who comes to Canada and doesn't stop in Toronto??

Last edited by HuMaN~ClAy : 04-28-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:20 PM   #4
nagpo
USER INFO »

this is my plan for stapp, make his next album really good better than tgd. when i say really good im mean good enough to sell platnium. then he 2 should leave wind-up cause eventually they will be the end of him.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:50 PM   #5
ABYanks
USER INFO »

Scott needs to release more singles and sooner.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:54 PM   #6
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) Scott needs to release more singles and sooner.
well he did...justify and surround me...
Old 04-28-2006, 09:08 PM   #7
GregS
USER INFO »

[quote=HuMaN~ClAy]this is a very weird combination, and they are doing a TON of dates... i agree with JPB, i don't think Scott had much say in this. My guess is Wind-Up is pissed that the cd didn't go diamond and they've pretty much given up on him like they've done with so many others . I think they see INXS as a band who recently had lots of public attention and would see an increase in concert attendance so sticking Scott in there as the opening act he might get more sales :S, and it might also cost them less compared to if he were headlining.

personally i think this is terrible, and would just leave after Scott left the stage haha. but i don't have to worry about that since they're not coming to Toronto!.... come on now... who comes to Canada and doesn't stop in Toronto??[/QUOTE]

When i was in Toronto in July last year i heard AB were playing Ontario , found out they had the 1 date in Sarnia ,was gonna go but heard it was a 3 hour drive..
Old 04-28-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by GregS) When i was in Toronto in July last year i heard AB were playing Ontario , found out they had the 1 date in Sarnia ,was gonna go but heard it was a 3 hour drive..

yep, they played some music festival there. i wasn't able to make it either. i wasn't in Ontario at all, i was back home in Newfoundland (another province in Ca.) for the summer. i tried to talk my parents into letting me fly over to see it but that didn't go over so well :P haha.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:18 PM   #9
creedlvr
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan) well he did...justify and surround me...
When were these released as singles? I'm not aware of that.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:44 PM   #10
Stappishot
USER INFO »

I don't think it's such a good idea for Stapp at all, I think wind-up is not doing a good job at giving him what he really needs, and that's his OWN tour. The thing I'm must worried about is, how is INXS fan base going to react to Stapp? And he shouldn't be there opening up, he should be doing his on tour with someone opening up for him. He has like a half an hour to an hour on stage, then no more Stapp. That's gonna suck for anyone there to see Stapp, especially if they came along way to see him. And the tickets are expensive. I really don't think there's gonna be to big of a Stapp fan base there. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Stappishot : 04-29-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #11
JOEINHOUSTON
USER INFO »

i find it odd as well. was the first leg of his tour that unsuccessful in ticket sales? what has inxs done lately? stapp doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do. he has more money than he'll ever need. maybe this is what he needs, a little dose of humility. i plan to be there to see him again on jun. 28 here in houston.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:33 PM   #12
crest tattoo
USER INFO »

Actually...if you look right now, the "new" INXS is kicking a@@. They are selling out on many shows. As soon as I saw Scott was opening for them, I went in to get tickets, and because they announced their sales before announcing Scott, they were almost sold out, and the only tickets left were in the nose-bleeds. Plus, the tickets are really high!!!
My friend said, think about it, Scott's gig will be cut shorter than his last round because he will be the opening act
I would love to see INXS too, but not for $65! I would pay that much to see Scott or AB, if I could get closer!
But, INXS is very hot right now guys, so it could mean great things for the man Scottie! But the amount of dates scheduled scares me a bit for him!!
And I really, really wish he'd do SUMMERFEST IN MILWAUKEE!!!! HELP ME ON THIS ONE STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 07:27 PM   #13
ABYanks
USER INFO »

^^^They are pretty popular and this is a great way for him to develop new fans. How many people left the Stapp shows and liked Breaking Point, alot. I was one. So this is a way for him to grow.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #14
crest tattoo
USER INFO »

Very true! I was sooooo hooked on Submersed and followed them to another state!!
Old 05-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #15
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

well he'll definitely get exposure from this, but i really don't think the INXS fanbase will react very well to Scott Stapp... I think a lot of us here are just so loyal and follow him blindly. Not to Scott bash or anything, but the man really doesn't have much of a voice left, and when you're a solo artist and all you've got is a worn out voice.... well...

i know i still love his music, and i have respect for him. But i'm not naive, i know it's just a blind following, but i'm ok with that.

He'll get exposure on this, and probably make a bit of money, but don't expect many new fans.