++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #1
xxRobxx
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Indy show . . .

First . . . Hello! Longtime lurker, first time posting (duh)!
I went to the Indy show last night. We did the Platinum VIP. It was awesome!! It seemed the VIP packages sold well for this show, alot of peeps there to meet the band, which (as usual) were very friendly and gracious to all. This was my sons first show, so I wanted to go big!
They played 'Faceless Man', 'Say I', and 'A Thousand Faces' during sound check. The band was awesome. Couldn't tell much about Scott's vocals at that point. He was working the sound guy most of the time to get the right mix.
Theft and Skillet opened and just rocked it. I was getting a little worried because I've read many so-so reviews here, and was concerned the openers, Skillet in particular, were about to steal the show. Nope! Creed just tore it up all night!
The place was pretty darn close to a sell out. The crowd was loud and pumped and Creed was feeling it! The set list was as expected, no surprises, although 'Rain' was much better live than I thought it would be. One crazy moment Mark, Erock, and Brian were jamming together during 'What If' (I think) and Mark fell! Don't know how, but he finished the song on his back and the rest of the guys were about to bust a gut laughing once it was over. It seemed to amuse Mark as well!
Scott was money all night. Really high energy and sounded good too. The guys seemed to enjoy the show, Erock said as much on FB (something about it being a sick show with a killer crowd), I can't think of a thing that would of made it any better. It was my first time seeing the guys, and I was so blown away! Can't wait to do it again!
This review kinda comes off as just fanboy praise, but trust me, it was THAT good! If you have anything specific you want to know, ask and I'll try to answer.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:11 AM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: Indy show . . .

Welcome to the forums. That sounds awesome. Mark fell on his back and finished the song lol!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
Stevensonart
USER INFO »

Great to hear. I just saw them last Monday so I know what you are talking about. How was Stapp at the meet and greet?
Old 08-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
xxRobxx
USER INFO »

Scott was good during the meet and greet. There was confusion with the venue, they would not unlock the gates to let us in until 4, suppose to start at 3:30. So we didn't have as much time as we should of, I think anyways. No fault of the band or their people, they were trying their best to get the venue to let us in but to no avail.
All the guys seemed really up during the meet and greet. It carried over to the stage for sure. I don't know if they had advance word that it was going to be a huge crowd or not. Regardless, they all were real friendly. Scott and Mark in particular were really cool with my son, he was kinda star struck and they were real kind. He walked away telling me how cool he thought they all were. Erock has a new fan, we stood on the rail right in front on him and he brought it every song, Trey thought he was the coolest!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #5
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Welcome to the forums. That sounds awesome. Mark fell on his back and finished the song lol!
thanks for your post and welcome, always great to here good feed back, we take lick and keep on a ticking, PRAISE JESUS, It Could Have been worse,
Old 08-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #6
Inspired
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Welcome to the forums. That sounds awesome. Mark fell on his back and finished the song lol!

Wonder if he fell on purpose. Funny that the only other time he fell was also in Chicago. Maybe he did it as sort of a joke or something.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:56 PM   #7
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) Wonder if he fell on purpose. Funny that the only other time he fell was also in Chicago. Maybe he did it as sort of a joke or something.
I doubt he fell on purpose,