++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 02-17-2003, 04:49 PM   #1
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Isn't this interesting...

You know this just occured to me, the only time most people call on God (myself included) is when there in trouble,scared or want something. I just realized he's there all the time. I felt like I was suppose to post this. And the reason I didn't post it in the religion area , is because the ones of us who needed to hear it the most never go there.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:57 PM   #2
Sheila63
USER INFO »
You're right, that's when I usually go to God as well but since listening to Creed, I've noticed my spirituality has grown and so has my going to God for other reasons. I know that might sound strange to some people but it's what I've noticed. I go to Him more to thank Him for the beauty I see in nature and to praise him for other good things that I have in my life. I've found myself feeling more grateful to Him for so many things within the last year or so.

Relearn Love
Old 02-17-2003, 04:57 PM   #3
Lechium
USER INFO »
Well... main purpuse of religion is to be help when you're in trouble really. That's why it started. It's human nature to seek for someone stronger in times of trouble.

P.S. Satan is really an ultimate scapegoat -- if anyting bad happens _some_ people blame him for everything. Religion is a greatest invention ever, really.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:57 PM   #4
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
......i Thank God for stuff also......Tho i do ask for stuff first.....so yeah....most people only call on God when they want something...GIVE A LIL THANX PPL!....haha

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 02-17-2003, 04:59 PM   #5
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
Well... main purpuse of religion is to be help when you're in trouble really. That's why it started. It's human nature to seek for someone stronger in times of trouble.

P.S. Satan is really an ultimate scapegoat -- if anyting bad happens _some_ people blame him for everything. Religion is a greatest invention ever, really.

I swear Lechium...some of the stuff you post is complete Bullshit....:eye:

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 02-17-2003, 05:03 PM   #6
Lechium
USER INFO »
Oh really? Think about it. People pray hardest, when they NEED somethign from God. Testerday my basketball team gatherd up before game and prayed. Opponents did too. Cuz we both wanted God to help us to win. When otehr team won... you think they did a thank you prayer? Nope. They were happy and God wasnt in tehri thoughts.

People need god the most when they need something. That's a fact. Many people "find God" when tehir lives are bad, and they need somethign to hold on to. Think about it. Dont dismiss it just cuz I said it.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:06 PM   #7
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
It's not that.....It's the fact you call Religion an invention....God was not made by man....Man was made by God....

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 02-17-2003, 05:10 PM   #8
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Re: Isn't this interesting...

Quote: Originally posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN
You know this just occured to me, the only time most people call on God (myself included) is when there in trouble,scared or want something. I just realized he's there all the time. I felt like I was suppose to post this. And the reason I didn't post it in the religion area , is because the ones of us who needed to hear it the most never go there.

I quite often talk to God, and my Spirit guides to "Thank" them for helping me through troubled times, and for comforting me, or for just conversing with me, or for just listening, they are good listeners.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:11 PM   #9
Lechium
USER INFO »
But people decided to belive in god. Many people dont, many do. Why do they? Because they need something strong to hold on to most of the time. Or were sorta born into it and never had a choice.

And religion is an invention. How did it all start? Some people tried to explain world around them and couldnt cuz it was to complex and unexplainable. So they said higher power did it. And Than they hoped this higher power can help them. Different cultures have different religions you know... why? Cuz they evoved inependatly. Some cultures created Zeus, some created Amon, some created just "God". But Christianity started just like any other religion -- by humans.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:17 PM   #10
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
ok, i agrre wits some of what you said.....most religions are created by humans....but in my opinion...Christianity is the exception....it wasn't created by man....God told man what to do....told them what to write in the Bible.....of coarse man did inturpret what God said and formed somethings in what Chrtistianity is....but it all came from God....he Created everything...You-me he created you for a purpose....and he made some people to create religion, Christianity pecifically....but man CANNOT take all the credit.....that's what I'm tryin to say....

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 02-17-2003, 05:20 PM   #11
Lechium
USER INFO »
What makes Chrstain God so much different from others?
Other religions also have holy books, supposetly inspired by their gods. So what makes yours so different. Really?
Other gods also claimed creation of the world, some sort of heaven/hell, there are documented micales they/their people had performed... what's so special about the god from the Bible?
Old 02-17-2003, 05:23 PM   #12
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
I can't really answer that question.....It just something i feel inside that tells me it's right....It's just something that's apart of me....

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 02-17-2003, 05:24 PM   #13
Lechium
USER INFO »
What about Mulsims? There's something inside of them that tells then taht Qu'ran is right... same goes for other religions as well.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:27 PM   #14
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
I guess you're right....they do have that feeling inside them....i can't tellyou why what i feel is better than anyone elses....all i cna say is that's how i feel...and that's what i believe...and that it's who I am.....

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 02-17-2003, 05:31 PM   #15
Lechium
USER INFO »
But just beacuse you belive in something doesnt make it true. Although I do belive that Christianity is partially true.
So if other religions were invented, and Chistianity is really like any other religion (from outside perspective), it was invented also.