++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 01-25-2004, 09:59 PM   #31
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Funny how you "diss" American television for its unreliability, but then form opinions on the police based on what you've seen on a TV show most Americans (somewhere around 80%?) consider to be pretty stupid and, in some cases (as w/ the beating), a bit skewed.

Well, you could say the same thing about newspapers and television *news* being a bit skewed and unreliable, and that's what you base your opinions on?
Old 01-25-2004, 10:22 PM   #32
RMadd
USER INFO »
Dogstar, it's that she's disrespecting the newsmedia as a viable source of news, but basing her opinions on, presumably, Cops (or a similar show). IMO, the news is a bit more respectable (despite its liberal bias) than Cops (and similar shows).

Old 01-25-2004, 10:24 PM   #33
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I understood completely what she was saying.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:28 PM   #34
RMadd
USER INFO »
that's fantabulous... i did too... but please, find it in your heart to forgive me for disagreeing w/ her.

Old 01-25-2004, 10:38 PM   #35
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I was just pointing out what you and I disagree about ...No biggie...we all have different opinions.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:15 PM   #36
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) Yes, b/c you quoted "numbers" on whom you thought sided w/ Jacko.
Actually the "numbers" were pointing towards me, and what I think. I think both, as you know by now.

Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) Well, I tend to rely on the newspapers and television as a fairly reliable source of news information.
Yes, so do I, but not all of the time, TV, newspapers, and let me chuck another one in there, MAGAZINES can be bullshit alot of the time, but I'm not saying that I don't watch TV, I don't read newspapers, and I don't read magazines, because I do, and find them a reliable source of news information most of the time.

Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) And I'll assume you mean "emotionally scarred"... IMO, that's not an excuse. And if he is, shouldn't he have gotten help a long time ago? His odd actions aren't exactly new.
Yes, sorry spelling error there. I'm not saying that it is an "excuse". No way, there aren't ANY excuses of any kind if this is true. I'm not meaning that if Michael did these things, it was because of his past. I'm saying I feel sorry for the guy, you can easily see he is emotionally scarred, and I feel bad for him, look at all the shit he's gone through, there is too much to pass around. I have seen it on those doco's I talked about. Some of it brought me to tears the stuff he has been through, and the stuff he is going through right now. "He should have gotten help a long time ago". Well, if we are all emotionally scared, shouldn't we all get help as soon as the shit hits the fan. Eaiser said than done.

Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) Funny how you "diss" American television for its unreliability, but then form opinions on the police based on what you've seen on a TV show most Americans (somewhere around 80%?)
Don't get me pissed off, I'm not here to have an argument, I was simply sharing my opinions, obviously they bothered you. Geez, you totally read what I typed COMPLETLEY wrong. I was not in ANY way dissing American TV. You can get that out of your ass because there is no way I would do that. I was ACTUALLY dissing the American police cops.

Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) After all, violence makes for great TV. NASCAR is only fun to watch b/c you hope for crashes (sad, but true).
In your case maybe. I watch NASCAR and many other motor races for the enjoyment and excitment of the racing, not to hope that someone has a crash, how sad is that.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-25-2004, 11:16 PM   #37
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) Dogstar, it's that she's disrespecting the newsmedia as a viable source of news, but basing her opinions on, presumably, Cops (or a similar show). IMO, the news is a bit more respectable (despite its liberal bias) than Cops (and similar shows).

You must have a reading problem.

Dogstar, thank you, and yes we all do have many different opinions. That's what makes life interesting.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-26-2004, 12:52 AM   #38
archie bunker
USER INFO »
ugh

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) So, because he goes for the opposite sex that makes R. Kelly's crime less egregious??? PLEASE...talk about needing to get your head out of your a**. A minor is a child, too!
i think they both suck they both should be punished