++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2004, 03:00 PM   #76
ctfan
USER INFO »
Status: Naked Toddler
Posts: 284
Joined: May 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I wonder how many people will attend those free concerts. And I wonder how many Creed songs he'll play.

Hmmm, can't say, but I'm sure people will enjoy them, and they'll be great!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:05 PM   #77
ctfan
USER INFO »
Status: Naked Toddler
Posts: 284
Joined: May 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Wow, how about a little respect for the Administrator of this board? If you don't like the way Steve runs his board, there's the door, don't let it hit you in the ass.

When he shows a bit more respect for it's members, he'll get it in return. To threaten to cut and paste my replies, simply because he didn't like my earlier comments was a bit childish. I didn't bash anyone, I wasn't ugly in my comments, and I didn't speak out of turn to Steve.

As for the door hitting me in my ass on the way out....you'll be the first to know
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:07 PM   #78
ctfan
USER INFO »
Status: Naked Toddler
Posts: 284
Joined: May 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) sweet!!!

But I do hope it hits you in the ass!

Kissing ass BOC?
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:28 PM   #79
WhatsUrCreed
USER INFO »
Status: Unspoken
Posts: 31
Joined: Aug 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to WhatsUrCreed
I dont understand how this forum even has a stapp and creed community section. It all seems biased towards AB one way or another...
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:05 PM   #80
Steve
Administrator
Steve's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Prophet Man
Posts: 3,294
Joined: Dec 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) So...nothing. If that's what the band members of Alter Bridge wanted to do, and the fans enjoyed the show, who's bitching? I'm not....

I was discussing AB ticket prices on the West Coast that's all. I even said that if I was wrong, for someone to please correct me. What is with some of you people?? Damn, I get threatened with having my comments cut and pasted all over this website, just because of my freakin opinion.

Because in a thread discussing Stapp's rendition of a song he sung on live television, you bring up Alter Bridge and their ticket prices, insinuating they set prices at certain levels to be sure they can draw a crowd. My simple response was that when Stapp starts touring, and if he has $9.99 ticket prices, I'll simply quote what you said. Will you have the same opinion of Stapp then? Because your opinion of AB and their prices isn't very positive.

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) 9.99 for a ticket on the west coast, like I said before I have no idea why unless it's to fill venues because I've heard nothing of any kind of special promotion, fan appreciation ticket rate, or radio deal

My whole point is that there are some people who are die-hard Stapp fans, or die-hard AB fans. Some of those die-hard Stapp fans get angry when they see AB fans bashing Stapp. Yet, these Stapp fans are doing the same exact thing, and don't even realize it.
__________________
-Steve

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"

Last edited by Steve : 11-10-2004 at 05:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:08 PM   #81
Steve
Administrator
Steve's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Prophet Man
Posts: 3,294
Joined: Dec 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) When he shows a bit more respect for it's members, he'll get it in return. To threaten to cut and paste my replies, simply because he didn't like my earlier comments was a bit childish. I didn't bash anyone, I wasn't ugly in my comments, and I didn't speak out of turn to Steve.

Wow I never knew copying and pasting a message made on a public message board is disrespectful....
__________________
-Steve

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:20 PM   #82
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
TeriB19's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Saving Grace
Posts: 12,437
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to TeriB19 Send a message via Yahoo to TeriB19
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Wow I never knew copying and pasting a message made on a public message board is disrespectful....
Wow, I can't believe how disrespectful you are, copying and pasting all that stuff. Geez, ya think ya know a guy.
__________________
MK: We're never gonna have the Super Bowl of Scott Stapp vs. Myles Kennedy in a sing-off - it's ridiculous.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 07:11 PM   #83
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
Dogstar's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Young Grown Old
Posts: 21,340
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) When he shows a bit more respect for it's members, he'll get it in return.

Um, try fricken GIVING respect and MAYBE you'll get it. This is Steve's site and he can do or say anything he damn well pleases. And for the record, he was not being disrespectful in his post. He was trying to get you to defend a pretty lame irrelevant argument, which, it is apparent, you could not do.

Quote: To threaten to cut and paste my replies, simply because he didn't like my earlier comments was a bit childish.
Wrong again. He wasn't threatening you. He was stating what he would do to prove your point was indeed pointless. You were the one being childish, if you ask me.

Quote: I didn't speak out of turn to Steve.
Yeah, you did.

Quote: as for the door hitting me in my ass on the way out....

Don't let it hit you too hard.
__________________
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
they make a club and beat their brother down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:42 PM   #84
lifelovesoul
lifelovesoul's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Silence Speaks
Posts: 50
Joined: Jul 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti)
THE FACTS ARE, SCOTT STAPP DIDN'T SING THE SONG VERY WELL. PERIOD.
Whether it was because of Illness or just because he Can't Sing anymore Doesn't Matter! He embarrassed himself And Creed fans alike!

If it sucked so much, it's interesting that Yahoobuzz.com reported Scott Stapp searches up 388% following his rendition on "God Bless America" at the World Series. That made him the top mover in the Music category at one time. I'd say that's pretty impressive! I thought he did a great job.

IMO this board should just be changed to the Alter Bridge forums completely, because most of the Stapp fans have left here because of the disrespect towards each other. We are not "one" anymore. Not that my opinoin matters to any of you. I usually get disgusted each time I decide to come back here, and wonder why the Hell I even bother.

To all the Stapp fans, there are other Stapp boards out there where everyone is treated with an equal amount of respect, unlike here. I suggest you go Googleing for a new home!

I won't be back here. Don't care if the door hits me in the butt, it'll help me get out sooner!
__________________
"There's a peace inside us all
let it be your friend-
It will help you carry on in the end."
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:17 PM   #85
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
Dogstar's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Young Grown Old
Posts: 21,340
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by lifelovesoul) If it sucked so much, it's interesting that Yahoobuzz.com reported Scott Stapp searches up 388% following his rendition on "God Bless America" at the World Series. That made him the top mover in the Music category at one time. I'd say that's pretty impressive! I thought he did a great job.
The majority of the buying public has proven over and over that it has not much in the way of taste. Witness the sales of records by, ahem, singers Britney Spears and the boy bands. So, that little stat means nothing to me. I, for one, never said his overall performance was "awful"; I just said he was flat in some areas and had a problem holding notes for whatever reason. Overall, I've seen him perform better.

Quote: IMO this board should just be changed to the Alter Bridge forums completely, because most of the Stapp fans have left here because of the disrespect towards each other. We are not "one" anymore.
I disagree, and it's not your board anyway; it's Steve's. There are plenty of Scott Stapp fans here who are eagerly awaiting his solo release, and some of them happen to enjoy Alter Bridge as well. It's the blatant worshiping and rose-colored view of Stapp that SOME fans have that annoys some of us, myself included.

Quote: To all the Stapp fans, there are other Stapp boards out there where everyone is treated with an equal amount of respect, unlike here. I suggest you go Googleing for a new home!
Yes, places were the truth be damned at the altar of Scott Stapp. This is one of the most respectful boards I've had the pleasure of participating in.

Quote: I won't be back here. Don't care if the door hits me in the butt, it'll help me get out sooner!
Your choice, but for my money, this is the best Creed/AB/Stapp board around. Steve is a kick-ass admin and does a great job keeping order here.
__________________
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
they make a club and beat their brother down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:16 AM   #86
DekWannaBFlea
DekWannaBFlea's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Faceless Fan
Posts: 500
Joined: Sep 2004
Currently: Offline
Why are we still talking about this?

Scott wasn't up to what he could have done....why is that disrespectful? Its an honest critique. If you liked then good for you you have your opinon as do others. Trying to convince each other to the other side is pointless.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:58 AM   #87
Bridge of Clay
Bridge of Clay's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,025
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) The majority of the buying public has proven over and over that it has not much in the way of taste. Witness the sales of records by, ahem, singers Britney Spears and the boy bands. So, that little stat means nothing to me. I, for one, never said his overall performance was "awful"; I just said he was flat in some areas and had a problem holding notes for whatever reason. Overall, I've seen him perform better.


I disagree, and it's not your board anyway; it's Steve's. There are plenty of Scott Stapp fans here who are eagerly awaiting his solo release, and some of them happen to enjoy Alter Bridge as well. It's the blatant worshiping and rose-colored view of Stapp that SOME fans have that annoys some of us, myself included.


Yes, places were the truth be damned at the altar of Scott Stapp. This is one of the most respectful boards I've had the pleasure of participating in.


Your choice, but for my money, this is the best Creed/AB/Stapp board around. Steve is a kick-ass admin and does a great job keeping order here.

Word.
__________________
.:: "If people don't like guitar solos... then they're frikkin' stupid!" - Mark Tremonti ::.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:24 PM   #88
Wylde-Tremonti
Wylde-Tremonti's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Said Eyes
Posts: 4,357
Joined: Oct 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Why are we still talking about this?

Scott wasn't up to what he could have done....why is that disrespectful? Its an honest critique.
Yeah man... I Only said what i Said as a Musical Critique... It's apart of being an artist... You must Critique and be critiqued. If you don't... you won't get better.... I still think Stapp's a kool guy, i just think his voice isn't as good as what it used to be... if you listen to live recordings of him back in 98... his voice was TOP NOTCH... his voice at the world series wasn't.
__________________
NOT OF THIS WORLD
"See to it that no-one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ." Colossians 2:8
My Solo Project's Myspace: Tongues Of Fire

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:58 PM   #89
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
Dogstar's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Young Grown Old
Posts: 21,340
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) Yeah man... I Only said what i Said as a Musical Critique... It's apart of being an artist... You must Critique and be critiqued. If you don't... you won't get better.... I still think Stapp's a kool guy, i just think his voice isn't as good as what it used to be... if you listen to live recordings of him back in 98... his voice was TOP NOTCH... his voice at the world series wasn't.
Exactly.
__________________
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
they make a club and beat their brother down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scott Interview.. Lucy Scott Stapp Talk 27 08-17-2007 02:58 PM
Scott Stapp to sing at the World Series Tonight!!! (10/27) benkenobi Scott Stapp Talk 14 10-28-2004 05:26 PM
Stapp To Sing God Bless America Tomorrow During World Series Steve Scott Stapp Talk 12 10-28-2004 03:39 PM
Scott Breaks His Silence to MTV Shadow Scott Stapp Talk 76 08-19-2004 09:13 PM
Scott Stapp Christian interview MrSeeker Scott Stapp Talk 4 08-17-2004 02:38 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.