++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Aol Sessions Up

Creed’s AOL Sessions
http://music.aol.com/video/my-own-pr...bc:27201077001
ENJOY!
Old 06-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
Tremontisized
USER INFO »
Re: Aol Sessions Up

I can't see it (im at work). Do they play any new stuff?
My youth will never die
Old 06-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

No new songs...They played My own prison, With Arms Wide open and Higher...Sounded great together...cant wait to hear new music though!!
Old 06-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

anyone else get chills watching the guys play again?...amazing!!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
austin.
USER INFO »

20 minutes of chill bumps from me. Wow! CREED IS BACK!!!!!
My sacrifice is on there too. In my opinion, Scott sounds the best he ever has. Even better than the My Own Prison album. And, Tremonti doesn't sound bad either. Marshall looks happy as does Flip.
All I can say is wow

Ok, now that I've calmed down some...
My Own Prison sounds great. It's my favorite of the 4 songs on AOL Sessions. Normally, My Sacrifice or Higher would top of, but My Own Prison sounds great on Sessions. Scott is hitting every high and low note perfectly and he isn't missing a beat. I personally like this better than the actual recorded version for the album. I hope someone can get this into MP3 format sometime soon as I'd love to hear it on my ipod

Higher sounds really good, Tremonti is a guitar GOD and it shows in Higher. Has a nice twist at about 1:50.

With Arms Wide Open is probably my least favorite Creed song, still yet, sounds like the master track

My Sacrifice is good. lol at Tremonti nodding at Flip when to start drumming. Tremonti and Stapp seem to have a good vibe going with each other.
________
Vaporizer volcano

Last edited by austin. : 03-13-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
BSC
USER INFO »

These won't play on my 2 PCs.

Does anyone know why? The internet page opens up fine, but then the player just does nothing.

I'm really annoyed at the moment, I got myself all hyped up for the 22nd of June because supposedly their new single was going to be released. Then the AOL sessions come out, which I can't watch.

Can I watch them on Youtube or something?
Old 06-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Well the 22nd was yesterday and still no new single..I heard alot of people are having problems outside of the states..should be on youtube shortly!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #8
BSC
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) Well the 22nd was yesterday and still no new single..I heard alot of people are having problems outside of the states..should be on youtube shortly!

Yeah I read in a few places you can't watch AOL sessions outside the US...

I'm so damn annoyed... Just give me Creed..

For anyone who feels nice and wants to put the sessions on Youtube, I would personally make sure you get a fecking medal.

I've been so excited, I can finally hear some new Creed stuff, and I can't.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #9
Alrock
USER INFO »

can someone please put them onto youtube as the AOL sessions are not working at all for me!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
BSC
USER INFO »

Hmmm I just realised theres an AOL.com, which is where I'm trying to view the videos.

Theres also an AOL.co.uk, and on there I can't find the Creed videos.. So it's probably a US exclusive thing.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #11
Justify
USER INFO »

Here's the uploads....

Higher
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K7BCO6VZ

My Own Prison
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IS8QJME3

My Sacrifice
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QGAR9IBH

With Arms Wide Open
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W54B7DB5
Matthew 11:30
His yoke is easy and his burden is light
Old 06-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #12
nagpo
USER INFO »

It was good. Stapp makes the funniest faces. I would've liked to of heard full circle though.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #13
BSC
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) Here's the uploads....

Higher
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K7BCO6VZ

My Own Prison
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IS8QJME3

My Sacrifice
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QGAR9IBH

With Arms Wide Open
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W54B7DB5

OMG

Thank you so much... Scott sounds great.. the band sounds great. Even though it's not new stuff, after watching these I couldn't care.

Do you have the interviews?
Old 06-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #14
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Man, it's so good to hear the guys back together and sounding so great!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #15
skyguy86
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by austin.) 20 minutes of chill bumps from me. Wow! CREED IS BACK!!!!!
My sacrifice is on there too. In my opinion, Scott sounds the best he ever has. Even better than the My Own Prison album. And, Tremonti doesn't sound bad either. Marshall looks happy as does Flip.
All I can say is wow

couldnt agree more! Scott honestly sounds better on here than on the records IMO. and for all the haters who keep saying that this is fixed by wind up and the other 3 dont wanna be there, watch mark. during higher and at the end of my sacrifice, he has the biggest smiles on his face.

and i noticed that brian looked kinda mad on the last song. i dont think he was. reason for his look? break down the session setlist:

With Arms Wide Open-Human Clay

Higher-Human Clay

My Own Prison-My Own Prison

My Sacrifice-Weathered

this was the only song which Brian had never played in front of an audience, so naturally he would be a little nervous. He wasn't mad, he was CONCENTRATING!!!! All the other ones he looked fairly comfortable, even enjoying himself. I couldn't really see flip lol but im sure he was having a blast.

Mark, as always, never ceases to impress. His little improv licks within the songs really showed through and gave a new breath to each song. Now, idk how he used to sing the chorus in "My Own Prison", but that was really the only part that didn't sit right with me. Was it just me, or did he not seem to give his all in that part? Again, idk how he used to sing it so maybe it sounds fine (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but something about it seemed off for some reason. Not tone wise mind you, but mood wise.

And on singing, I go to Scott. SCOTT STAPP!!!! Holy crap did he sound good on this little series. Honestly, I've heard some good live vocals before, but NEVER have I heard something as great as Scott did on AOL Sessions. Even Scott's past live performances, which were usually above par to begin with, cannot compete with this.
I guess it's true when he says he's cleaned up and got sober and STAYED sober cuz it really shows. The only minor flaw that I heard was his growl! It's been kind of lost over these years! Scott has done what James Hetfield of Metallica did: he got away from the screaming and growling and started SINGING (I'm not bashing either men they are both my idols I'm just stating a fact). When James sings live now, it sounds like he's trying to do too much with the music. But Scott executed this perfectly. While he might have lost some of his signature growl that we all know, he has more than made up for it in shooting lightyears past what I think he even thought he was capable of.

So all in all, an amazing performance by the reformed band today. Would I have liked to hear a new song? You bet your ass I wanted to. Did this performance disappoint because a new song was lacking? It did the exact opposite. It proved that Creed is back with guns blazing. Now WE NEED NEW MUSIC!!!!! But congrats on a memorable performance guys, I speak for us all when I say it's great to have you back.