++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-10-2005, 11:47 PM   #31
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by guitardude1985) I mean, it would not be too disrespectful to give brett just a bit more recognition for being a touring bassist for 2 years.
Amen to that!! I didn't take to Brett right away, but after seeing them on the Weathered tour 4 times, by the end of the tour I had a new-found respect for him. He was very talented and very entertaining to watch.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #32
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Hopefully heavier. I want to see Flip really go off. His drumming has been pretty ordinary in Creed, but we have seen small glimpses of how good it can be in AB. Hopefully Myles has more influence in the lyrics too, AB lyrics didnt really appeal to me at all.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 12-11-2005, 12:27 AM   #33
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by guitardude1985) I mean, it would not be too disrespectful to give brett just a bit more recognition for being a touring bassist for 2 years.

well, Mark DID offer him the lead vocals of the band that would become Alter Bridge...Brett turned him down...
Old 12-11-2005, 07:10 AM   #34
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) [/b]

I don't really see that helping much....

Well... Since I've also talked to them and he's said it him self that he will be writing more lyrics on their next album... I most deafenetly think that will be the case... And him being around Mark writing songs he can make inputs and stuff to the writings...
Old 12-11-2005, 12:20 PM   #35
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) well, Mark DID offer him the lead vocals of the band that would become Alter Bridge...Brett turned him down...
Yeah... he's Doing Some amazing Stuff With Dark new Day!!! Aswell as another friend of ours Clint Lowery!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-11-2005, 03:13 PM   #36
guitardude1985
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) well, Mark DID offer him the lead vocals of the band that would become Alter Bridge...Brett turned him down...

He did? Wow I learned something today. I gues brett after all he went through with creed just kinda wanted to do his own thing.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:35 AM   #37
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by guitardude1985) He did? Wow I learned something today. I gues brett after all he went through with creed just kinda wanted to do his own thing.

actually, the story is that, when Mark called him up, he was heavy into producing and he wanted to stick with that because he could spend more time with his family...however, one day his wife asked him what it would take for him to sing again, and he said that it would take the Still Rain guys (Troy, Corey, and Troy, that is) with Will Hunt on drums...sure enough, Will called him up shortly after he said that and Will said, "hey, man, guess who I'm playing with?"...

Quote: Yeah... he's Doing Some amazing Stuff With Dark new Day!!! Aswell as another friend of ours Clint Lowery!

for REAL, man...Dark New Day is one of the best live bands I've ever seen...the rhythm and the vocal harmonies sound BETTER live than on the cd...and Will is one of the most entertaining drummers I've ever seen...
Old 12-13-2005, 10:42 PM   #38
Vliegs
USER INFO »
I've yet to see DND live It WILL happen on the next tour dammit!!

I'm hoping for/seeing that they go the "metalingus" style route as well.