++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-07-2005, 05:18 AM   #16
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I don't think that Myles'll take it "'down a notch'", I've heard one track that wasn't finished yet at a soundcheck and it was trouly awsome! Myles sang higher then he had on the tracks on ODR (or if it was just as high?) so no, he won't take it down

Why should he take it down? He can still sing high on hard songs!

I so want to see Myles writing songs on this next album! Just hope it'll be realy good!

I hope they'll save the ballads! I just want one hard mother f'cking record this time!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:26 AM   #17
SummerGirl
USER INFO »
*pulls up chair and pops popcorn* oh this will be good...

Last edited by SummerGirl : 12-07-2005 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #18
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
*pulls up a chari next to your's and starts eating your popcorns* Tepp, it shure will!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #19
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) I don't think that Myles'll take it "'down a notch'", !

yeah, I've heard a couple of "new" ones at soundcheck as well, and they weren't any higher than ODR (and Myles wouldn't be doing anything higher than ODR in a soundcheck) but my source on "taking it down a notch" is VERY VERY GOOD...
Old 12-07-2005, 01:37 PM   #20
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
I wish to know that source...

I've only heard one new so... But it was in the begingen and their first show in London at the ULU... So
Old 12-07-2005, 02:23 PM   #21
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) I wish to know that source...

I've only heard one new so... But it was in the begingen and their first show in London at the ULU... So

mmm...'fraid I can't reveal my sources, but it's someone that has first hand knowledge of the vocal choices that Myles will be making on the album...LOL...now, minds may be changed at any time, obviously, but, again, do not be surprised if it occurs...

but, in any event, I have high hopes for the new album...Myles will be having more of a role in the writing, and, hopefully, the bass is mixed better than ODR so that we can hear Brian better...I have every confidence that the new album will be even better than ODR...
Old 12-07-2005, 02:41 PM   #22
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Wow! Do you mind me asking how you know this person? Were do you live? Wish I had those kind of contacts!

I belive you, tell us anything new you hear from you contact!
Old 12-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #23
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Wow! Do you mind me asking how you know this person? Were do you live? Wish I had those kind of contacts!

I belive you, tell us anything new you hear from you contact!

believe me, man, I'm nobody special...I just get lucky occasionally, but, my motto is "better lucky than good"...LOL...in any case, I am mixed about my feelings on his "taking it down a notch"...on the one hand, I'm completely selfish and I want more more more of stuff like the note that ends FTR, BID, or his long note in "Save Me" because I LOVE that old school-type stuff; on the other hand, I think that most of the great vocalists have had their one "show-off" album, then they try not to do that as often so that they won't be pigeon-holed as the singer that ONLY does that...Myles showed the boundaries of his range better on ODR (especially if you include "Save Me") than he has on any other album of his (including Second Skin), so I totally understand why he might want to not do that as much on the next album...rest assured, though, Myles ALWAYS finds ways to show his versatility and skill on whatever he's doing...and, hey, if you think of Second Skin as a "notch" down from ODR (vocally speaking), I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with him doing that...
Old 12-08-2005, 04:53 AM   #24
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Okey, well, what your saying is true, singers tend to not show of their voice rank all the time, witch is good, then you would only get tierd of it

I bet he'll still be a great voice to listend to on their next album... I can't wait! I mean, it's half a year or more 'till it comes out in the shops!

How did you go lucky? Wish I could be!
Old 12-09-2005, 02:36 PM   #25
guitardude1985
USER INFO »
The first album was all the pent up and somwhat held back energy from held back from stapp. One day remains was the showcase showing and prooving what mark and flip could really pull off. Now with brian back to the mix it's all the sweeter. However, IMO as much as one day remains kicked ass it still just in my view had a few weak points like in loving memory. Sorry, that song just does not do much despite the intracate guitar licks. But also, it's their first album so it's going to take at least 2 more albums for AB to further establish their own sound. Yea, I know that does sound moot considering alter bridge is technically creed with out stapp, but it's also a second chance and I think it's going to be way better this time around with out the constant media bombardment and all the animosity from the music community.

With the next album I would like to hear an instrumental or two, of course more sreddidge from mark but also some bluesy stuff. Also, have myles put in just a bit more.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:37 PM   #26
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
I'm with you on almoste all of what you say... But I love ILM...

I would love to hear some more Instrumental, that would kick ass! Toataly! Blues is just "the bomb", would love some more blues inspiered songs!...

Myles will moste deafenetly have more to say on this album... He's there when Mark's writing this time around!
Old 12-10-2005, 02:44 PM   #27
guitardude1985
USER INFO »
Oh, and one last thing I would like to hear is more deep, groovy, punching bass line from brian. That was also another slight dissapointment on ODR. I guess one of the reasons that happened was I guess to convey mark, and flips evolution and with brian out of the picture for 4 years I guess that happens. Funny, I guess I'm not a minority and viewed creed as a incomplete band when brian left and they went on without a bassist. I mean, it would not be too disrespectful to give brett just a bit more recognition for being a touring bassist for 2 years.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:11 PM   #28
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) I'm with you on almoste all of what you say... But I love ILM...

I would love to hear some more Instrumental, that would kick ass! Toataly! Blues is just "the bomb", would love some more blues inspiered songs!...

Myles will moste deafenetly have more to say on this album... He's there when Mark's writing this time around!

I don't really see that helping much....
I've been living a double life
Old 12-10-2005, 10:26 PM   #29
Vliegs
USER INFO »
NM....I'm not even going to start in on it. IMO it's your loss that you don't appreciate Myles and Mark's writing capabilities. But enh...whatever.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:45 PM   #30
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) ...and, hopefully, the bass is mixed better than ODR so that we can hear Brian better...I have every confidence that the new album will be even better than ODR...
Right on. I hate it when the bass is put so far in the background on some CDs.