++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-12-2009, 07:01 AM   #1
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
ugggghhh..#2-14

Wow..It certainly isnt 2002 anymore..Creed s cd went from #2 to 14 as it was knocked around by ...Carrie Underwood...God people have no taste in music nowadays..How the likes of Lady Gaga and Carrie Underwood can go platinum with crap music Ill never understand ...Guess there are alot of people out there who like that music..How bad is it when neither Rolling Stone or Billboard review your album??This sucks...I really like FULL CIRCLE but I am a little dissapointed that it hasnt done better than it has..They definitely need to make the next album heavier..More songs like bread of shame, Bulletts andovercome..
Old 11-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »
Re: ugggghhh..#2-14

ya man music is definitely not the same. you look at a band like Slayer who only sold 40,000 copies of thier new cd the first week. Nobody buys albums anymore when you can get it for free and burn it yourself. Everyone gave alot of shit to Metallica when they sued Napster for sticking up for the music industry and look where it is today....
Old 11-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
BSC
USER INFO »

I think it's a pretty heavy album.

It's definately different than 2002. It's Creed 2009, we would complain if it sounded too much like any previous albums.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Not only is Rock pretty much dead but the promotion for the album wasn't even half as good as Weathered was so that was expected. Let's hope "Rain" starts to pick up or they actually release a new single & promote the heck out of it.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
Agent D
USER INFO »

I don't know what you guys expected. Creed is officially a niche band. It never was going to be like it was 2002. Besides, I wouldn't necessarily get hung up on chart positions and all that nonsense. That stuff is so manufactured nowadays that it's not really indicative of quality anymore.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
silentstorm
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontiriffs77) Wow..It certainly isnt 2002 anymore..Creed s cd went from #2 to 14 as it was knocked around by ...Carrie Underwood...God people have no taste in music nowadays..How the likes of Lady Gaga and Carrie Underwood can go platinum with crap music Ill never understand ...Guess there are alot of people out there who like that music..How bad is it when neither Rolling Stone or Billboard review your album??This sucks...I really like FULL CIRCLE but I am a little dissapointed that it hasnt done better than it has..They definitely need to make the next album heavier..More songs like bread of shame, Bulletts andovercome..

That's funny you mention Dude Gaga. I got into a huge argument over the relevance of her "deep and inspiring lyrics" with a friend the other night and the relation of how "Creed's are just as good as hers".

I didn't think there was much of a comparison really, but what do I know? lol It's a sad world we live in!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by silentstorm) That's funny you mention Dude Gaga. I got into a huge argument over the relevance of her "deep and inspiring lyrics" with a friend the other night and the relation of how "Creed's are just as good as hers".

I didn't think there was much of a comparison really, but what do I know? lol It's a sad world we live in!

seriously? Creed vs Lady Gaga? how is taking a ride on a disco stick inspiring????
Old 11-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
silentstorm
USER INFO »

Yes, seriously. I've had many Creed (or a likewise amazing band) vs. Britney Gaga Montana types over the years with this person. lol

Unfortunately, there are so many more people like...that...out there than people who can appreciate something real and from the heart, such as Creed. The world is too simpleminded as a whole. Therefore, the tards rack up the album sales. I don't get it!

Last edited by silentstorm : 11-12-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #9
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) seriously? Creed vs Lady Gaga? how is taking a ride on a disco stick inspiring????

Lol. That song is so stupid.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #10
nagpo
USER INFO »

Well, if there style of music is no longer relative to todays music scene and if they wan't to keep selling millions of albums, maybe they might have to change up their style. Experiment a bit. Full Circle was a great album, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't a rock album that sounded like it was made in 2009. Maybe Creed is stuck in 2002.

Just speculation, i know. Also, most songs on the radio(pop radio) isint even rock anymore. There are only a few bands that are able to stay on pop stations for long like nickelback and linkin park. Among rock fans, those are niche groups. Most rock fans don't like that music. Also those artists are constantly coming out with something that has the right sound to sell millions. Creed may not have that anymore.

Some of the best rock acts of this generation have not had much air play and some don't sell over one million.

When it comes to rock music, comparing it to the 'popular' music is somewhat pointless. Rock is no longer popular at this point among the mindless masses. Sales are meaningless since everyone just illegally downloads the music or just buys whatever everyone else is buying. The 'scene' is not rock right now. Creed could change genres, but i'd hate that. I wouldnt mind an album that doesnt sound like it came out earlier this generation, however.

Most people just arent interested in what creed has to offer. I can't believe i'm surprised by this. This wasnt how i would have liked creed to come back, mind you. But over the years Creed was forgotten and when it was mentioned it was mocked. I'd be surprised if the album sold two million.

RANT=over.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #11
in reality
USER INFO »

I just read about the Backstreet Boys new cd selling only 40,000 first week sales recently. So it is a different time, and look at bands like Train, who finished much lower than Creed on the chart. Stone Sour sold 80,000 first week sales in 2006, and that was considered good enough by the label to want another cd by them. I know that band is made up of band members who are in two bands. Though Stone Sour hasn't made a cd since then. They do have a time clock on their website though. lol I don't like them or Slipknot. Just liked the article as it pertains to Creed.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:43 AM   #12
kelbel75
USER INFO »

Considering what's "IN" now days, Creed have to fight hard to be even heard by most people... It seems that only diehard Creed fans/fanatics are the ones who'll be/are buying... I hope this changes and more people get into Creed...