++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-14-2004, 05:29 PM   #46
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I completely understand the need for verification and the want of a link so that people could check it out for themselves.

Here's where the problem arose: Sweet, due to the nature of her job, simply came across the info sooner than most simply because she works in the legal community and those things become news rather quickly.

The link wasn't available until someone from Smoking Gun (or whomever) actually went to the courthouse, paid to obtain copies of a public document, and then posted them online.

But in the meantime I was accused of posting rumor, and heresay. Like I have nothing better to do than to make up this shit. But whatever. You have your proof now. Stapp has in fact been sued.

Last edited by RockGoddess : 09-14-2004 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:50 PM   #47
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) I completely understand the need for verification and the want of a link so that people could check it out for themselves.

Here's where the problem arose: Sweet, due to the nature of her job, simply came across the info sooner than most simply because she works in the legal community and those things become news rather quickly.

The link wasn't available until someone from Smoking Gun (or whomever) actually went to the courthouse, paid to obtain copies of a public document, and then posted them online.

If she read it in a legal newspaper, she could have copied/scanned the damn thing or maybe provided a link if that periodical was online. If not she should have waited until she could provide proof.
You in the past rarely post unless you have shit to stir up, RockGoddess. This all could have been avoided by gee, maybe waiting until you had the proof before dumping it over here and skipping the *tip toes in* bullshit comments that were intended to do just what they did...stir up shit.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:52 PM   #48
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
I apologize for ruffling your feathers Dogstar.

Last edited by RockGoddess : 09-14-2004 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:44 PM   #49
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
For some of you who copied sweets comments, if they would have read further in the thread she did give someone who asked explicit instructions (because this person said she was computer illiterate) on a website to look it up. Therefore she did validate her post with documentation.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:12 PM   #50
luvin monti
USER INFO »

I...uh....yeah!
Old 09-14-2004, 11:36 PM   #51
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Maybe it was validated at the Pit, but it wasn't here, originally, which was the main problem I had with it. And if you're not a member at the Pit, you can't lurk, so there was no way for some of us to get the real story.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:26 AM   #52
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: Probably too much is and shouldn't be.

Then maybe he should have just repaid the debt...then it would have ended up like this. Just one check coulda kept the whole thing "off radar" I guess.

Go read the Orange County Clerk of Courts site..it's there.
The actual documents are now on the Smoking Gun site.

I'll vouch for Sweet as well. It's known that for a long time she and I were not friends and there were some times I really didn't like her, we had our battles. But in the last...roughly year, I've come to concider her a friend. I really don't think she'd post something if it in any way could impact her job.

If it'd had come out on the Smoking Gun before Sweet posted it, people wouldn't doubt it for a minute. Yet, Sweet posts it and gets shit on left right and sideways? And then the documents are up a day later that totally show she was correct in her info?

Now if this were some GOOD news about Stapp...I'm sure people would be really happy it was posted and Sweet's integrity wouldn't have been questioned. Like if Stapp loaned someone money, and they decided not to pay it back...and he took em to court wanting the contract filled....then it'd be ok and "hoorahh stapp" right?

The rehab happened in 2002. Back when everyone was still "friends". Seems a friend offered to help Stapp out and keep his name off the "accounts recievable" records of a rehab clinic...to help a friend "Get better" (since I don't know what he was in rehab for)...and Stapp never paid him back as agreed.

Please note, it is NOT JHMP suing him, rather just Jeff Cameron. That JHMP is suing Sevendust for BoC isn't really compareable.

Quote: This lawsuit could be completely frivolous in which case the court will throw it out;
Yep. That could completely happen. It depends on what facts and evidence are presented. And what he's asking for isn't what the jury could give too. They might also grant more...it really depends on what happens. Guess we'll see. It could also get settled out of court.

Quote: You believe the fact that she read this in a newspaper

There are legal journals that are sent to lawyers/firms/whoever subscribes to them, and they're not a secret thing. Would you have to see THAT to believe it, or are the Smoking Gun documents enough?

If anyone wants to, you can look me up on Wisconsin's Public Record searches. There's something with my dad and the dentist and his teaches union a few years ago, and probably my speeding ticket, maybe my rear-ender from 2001.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:12 AM   #53
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You missed the point. When it was posted here, there was no documentation to accompany it. If that was the case at the Pit, to my mind it shouldn't have been posted until there was something to back it up. You have to know that something like that is going to generate a lot of questions and suspicion without anything official to back it up.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:12 AM   #54
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) Then maybe he should have just repaid the debt...then it would have ended up like this. Just one check coulda kept the whole thing "off radar" I guess.

The rehab happened in 2002. Back when everyone was still "friends". Seems a friend offered to help Stapp out and keep his name off the "accounts recievable" records of a rehab clinic...to help a friend "Get better" (since I don't know what he was in rehab for)...and Stapp never paid him back as agreed.

But the point is...none of us know what happened other than what the documents say. There is a suit..but everyone is so quick to assume Stapp didn't pay a debt. There could be alot more to this than any of us know. The Dr. doesn't seem to have a very good rep...maybe his treatment didn't help him, therefore, I wouldn't pay it either. The fact is, none of us know the truth or the actual details. People are making way too much out of this.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:17 AM   #55
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Now if this were some GOOD news about Stapp...I'm sure people would be really happy it was posted and Sweet's integrity wouldn't have been questioned. Like if Stapp loaned someone money, and they decided not to pay it back...and he took em to court wanting the contract filled....then it'd be ok and "hoorahh stapp" right?

Yes, but that wouldn't be nearly as controversial, nor would it stir up the shit that this original post was clearly meant to stir, right? The point here is, it was posted with no back up. Sure, the backup came later. But the initial intent of the poster was to cause trouble, IMO, and they certainly succeeded in that.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-15-2004, 10:38 AM   #56
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Yes, but that wouldn't be nearly as controversial, nor would it stir up the shit that this original post was clearly meant to stir, right? The point here is, it was posted with no back up. Sure, the backup came later. But the initial intent of the poster was to cause trouble, IMO, and they certainly succeeded in that.

Amen I couldn't agree more.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:22 AM   #57
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Amen, sista!

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 09-15-2004, 11:46 AM   #58
Echelon122
USER INFO »
JHMP is sueing Sevendust for breach of contract. It's not because of rehab it is because Sevendust are seeking new management and didn't fullfill their contract with JHMP. That is it, so don't go looking for more dirt or trying to start rumors because it's DEFINATLEY not the same reason Jeff Cameron is sueing Stapp

I was asked to post thist to clarify the difference between the two completley separate and independant lawsuits for different reasons and between different parties.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:54 AM   #59
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) JHMP is sueing Sevendust for breach of contract. It's not because of rehab it is because Sevendust are seeking new management and didn't fullfill their contract with JHMP. That is it, so don't go looking for more dirt or trying to start rumors because it's DEFINATLEY not the same reason Jeff Cameron is sueing Stapp

I was asked to post thist to clarify the difference between the two completley separate and independant lawsuits for different reasons and between different parties.

Question do you know who Jeff Cameron works for and what was his role with Creed?

Thanks
Old 09-15-2004, 12:14 PM   #60
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Jeff Cameron's employer and his role with Creed/Stapp makes no difference. He is suing Stapp as an individual. His employer, JHMP, is not suing Stapp.

Let's stop all the nonsense about some conspiracy with Cameron and JHMP.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"