++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-18-2004, 01:11 AM   #16
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) Sucks that they were stolen and I do hope he gets them back.

I gotta wonder why somone would leave instruments worth THAT MUCH in the trunk of a car in FLORIDA weather? That in and of itself isn't too smart....I'm a music geek and freak about leaving my chepo $200 guitar in my car up here in Wisconsin! I don't care who you are...rockstar, highschool band nerd, whatever, doing that is stupid.

Again, it does suck someone stole em...and I hope he gets em back.

that is true leaving them in the trunk of his guitar isn't the smartest idea but losing $150,000 won't force him to declare himself bankrupt.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:06 AM   #17
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) that is true leaving them in the trunk of his guitar isn't the smartest idea but losing $150,000 won't force him to declare himself bankrupt.

I'd hope not LOL.

But it sounds too like they were pretty cutomized and easy to ID...so if someone's stupid enough to try and resell them...they'll get busted easy...

makes me remember to put my CD's out of plain view on my car seat lol It's not much but it's all I got and people around here like to steal cD's

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:25 AM   #18
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) I'd hope not LOL.

But it sounds too like they were pretty cutomized and easy to ID...so if someone's stupid enough to try and resell them...they'll get busted easy...

makes me remember to put my CD's out of plain view on my car seat lol It's not much but it's all I got and people around here like to steal cD's

yeah don't put them in plain view, a friend of mine had his very nice sound system stolen from his own valiant! ouch! sell it on the black market, people will buy them even knowing how this guy/girl received the goods.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:32 AM   #19
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) that is true leaving them in the trunk of his guitar isn't the smartest idea but losing $150,000 won't force him to declare himself bankrupt.
We don't know how long they were in the trunk. They could have been put in his car by someone who works for him (meaning he was going somewhere with them the day it happened). They could have only been there an hour for all we know.

Whoever stole the guitars probably knew they were there. It could have been "an inside job". If it wasn't, it's scary that a stranger can walk up into his driveway and take something out of a car parked there.

Regardless of all the details, it's a shame that it happened.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:02 PM   #20
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I think it would be interesting to see how much a guitar like that would go for on ebay

j/k
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 05-18-2004, 08:26 PM   #21
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed) I think it would be interesting to see how much a guitar like that would go for on ebay

j/k

hehe

4 custom built PRS Guitars
used to belong to Miami rocker
at this price....its a steal
Old 05-18-2004, 09:06 PM   #22
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Ouch! That sucks bad! Can you imagine how mad Scott probably was/is! I wouldn't want to be the one who stole them from him! Dude, I hope he gets them back. Maybe someone will come through my little hick town and think that no one's a Creed fan and come door to door trying to sell them! (What a joke, I should quit day dreaming of ways I could meet Scott!) Poor Scott.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 05-18-2004, 09:22 PM   #23
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Y100 a local Philly station...that happens to say they hate Creed ...alot (except of course when they were touring..then they were trying to get them to come talk at their station.. )..and ways..
They mentioned the stolen guitars and said how wonderful it was...and maybe now Creed won't be able to play anymore music..what a blessing.

UGH!!! That station is SOOOO annoying. The day crews play Creed, but the night crews think they are toooo cool for Creed. Idiots...
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 05-18-2004, 09:32 PM   #24
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
I know how ya feel. Atleast my radiostation probably doesn't know about it, yet. They are idiots. I asked them to play What If, and then the dude didn't play it, just a bunch of weird bands. Some DJ's are idiots.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 05-18-2004, 10:37 PM   #25
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Yeah, I knew Scott did play a little but I didn't know to what extent. I didn't think he was good enough to have customs built yet. I assumed they were Mark's. But whatever. I hope they find them.
Skill has nothin to do w/ it buddy... anyone can get a Custom Built PRS for the Right amount of Money...

PS... i guess that's been pointed out... my bad...

Jesus + Guitars = Life

Last edited by TremontiWanaB : 05-18-2004 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:18 PM   #26
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by njcreedite) Y100 a local Philly station...that happens to say they hate Creed ...alot (except of course when they were touring..then they were trying to get them to come talk at their station.. )..and ways..
They mentioned the stolen guitars and said how wonderful it was...and maybe now Creed won't be able to play anymore music..what a blessing.

UGH!!! That station is SOOOO annoying. The day crews play Creed, but the night crews think they are toooo cool for Creed. Idiots...

Hey, does that station have an internet request??? If they do, would you kindly post it for me??? Oh, I just learned I have nation wide calling, do you know the request line??? I'm almost out of school, I'll be bored!

And if anyone has nationwide calling, and you think it's fun to bombard mostly anti-Creed playing stations, then call (405)-460-5288
and request Creed. I know it's wrong, but I do not care, I feel, like the evilest Creed fan in the whole community!
(if anyone is as weird as me and does this, don't mention AB, because they'll start talking crap about them before they're even out.)
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 05-18-2004, 11:43 PM   #27
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) hehe

4 custom built PRS Guitars
used to belong to Miami rocker
at this price....its a steal
HaHa fricking dye if i came acrossed that on Ebay HAHAHAHA, Some morons to would bid there Ass off buddy,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-19-2004, 04:29 AM   #28
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Here is a news story from Miami

'Creed' Guitars Worth $150,000 Stolen In Miami Beach, Police Say

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Four guitars worth more than $150,000 were stolen from the Miami Beach home of one of the members of the rock band Creed, police say.

Miami Beach police are asking for the public's help in the search for the missing instruments, which were reportedly taken May 11 from the trunk of a car that was parked in the driveway of the Miami Beach home.

Police say two of the instruments were custom made and have a combined retail value of $150,000. Police have released a description of the two guitars. One is black with the word "prototype" and the numeral "4" written across the back part of the neck. The other guitar is gold with the words "custom built for Scott Stapp" written on the neck.

If you have any information that could help Creed get their guitars back, call Miami-Dade County Crimestoppers at (305) 471-TIPS.

That is honestly so sad what kind of low life would do something like that.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 05-19-2004, 02:23 PM   #29
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by njcreedite) Y100 a local Philly station...that happens to say they hate Creed ...alot (except of course when they were touring..then they were trying to get them to come talk at their station.. )..and ways..

I so DESPISE that station. They are rude, crude and just plain annoying...

I think it's really sad that someone would steal his guitars. I agree, Shadow, that it probably was an inside job. That really sucks.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:59 PM   #30
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Sounds like we can make a CSI: Miami episode out of this story!

No, but really I saw that gold guitar or one like it during the Weathered tour. Scott played backup guitar on Mark's monster solo during Stand Here With Me. I hope they find the jerk who stole them!