++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #16
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: THE VOICE OF STAPP???wtf????

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) That was actually proven false. That was just the guitarist being a douche.

I remember in the last tour that Scallions participated in, that he was lip syncing according to fans. I don't know how true that is, but Carl Bell was being a douche. That is fact.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #17
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »

Stapp should get advice from Phil Anselmo. He is the king of messing up the vocal chords but he sounds great live at the present. Maybe because he is SINGING more nowadays.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #18
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rebsgirl) Then don't listen if it is that disappointing to you. Creed has plenty of fans who will support them no matter what. They just came off a grueling tour for us - the fans. I saw them in Atlanta and they were awesome. I saw them again in Birmingham, and I could tell that Stapp was tired. But of course he was tired - they were all tired! But I didn't enjoy it any less. They have such an awesome stage presence and put so much heart into their concerts. Anyway, we shouldn't go to a concert to hear them sound perfect. We should go to hear them live...mistakes and all.

I agree.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:36 AM   #19
creedm1981
USER INFO »

yah to everything but truth is I love creed , I just wish stapp still kicked ass like he used to.....some singers have it and some just dont'........
Old 11-06-2009, 02:37 AM   #20
creedm1981
USER INFO »

yah to everything but truth is I love creed , I just wish stapp still kicked ass like he used to.....some singers have it and some just dont'........
Old 11-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #21
Deana
USER INFO »

Are you kidding me, Scott Stapp's has a beautiful voice...people get a life! when are you going to get off Stapp and every move he makes? Leave the man alone once and for all, I mean come on if you have nothing nice to say then go away. No one cares about your negativity. Obviously the NFL and other major TV networks like his amazing voice otherwise they would not keep asking him to sing at MAJOR LIVE TV events.

He STILL sounds amazing! Who are we to judge???? Stapp puts' on the BEST LIVE SHOW EVER, You can feel his heart and soul in his performances.

# 2 Album on Billboards after 7 years gone!! I'd like to see any band out there get the same results.
I have been to six of the Creed shows and will pay to see more. Lets start to have some peace on this board and start with some FRESH news. To all the negative people, I pray for you, obviously you have an issue with your self to sit behind a computer and bash someone.
Creed Rules!

GodBless,
Deana
Old 11-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #22
josha31042
USER INFO »

There are fans that are honest. And there are fans that would pay to chew the left over bubble gum that their idol spits out on the ground.
I'm guessing you are the latter....

No one is bashing Stapp.
If anything, we need to quit having extremists come on here and accuse people of hating on the guy, when we are generally concerned about the guy's voice....which is extremely lacking at the moment.

You can hear what you want to hear, but he's not 100%.
This is not just my opinion. This is a fact.

Last edited by josha31042 : 11-10-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #23
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by josha31042) There are fans that are honest. And there are fans that would pay to chew the left over bubble gum that their idol spits out on the ground.
I'm guessing you are the latter....

No one is bashing Stapp.
If anything, we need to quit having extremists come on here and accuse people of hating on the guy, when we are generally concerned about the guy's voice....which is extremely lacking at the moment.

You can hear what you want to hear, but he's not 100%.
This is not just my opinion. This is a fact.
Well said.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #24
Creed009
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Deana) Are you kidding me, Scott Stapp's has a beautiful voice...people get a life! when are you going to get off Stapp and every move he makes? Leave the man alone once and for all, I mean come on if you have nothing nice to say then go away. No one cares about your negativity. Obviously the NFL and other major TV networks like his amazing voice otherwise they would not keep asking him to sing at MAJOR LIVE TV events.

He STILL sounds amazing! Who are we to judge???? Stapp puts' on the BEST LIVE SHOW EVER, You can feel his heart and soul in his performances.

# 2 Album on Billboards after 7 years gone!! I'd like to see any band out there get the same results.
I have been to six of the Creed shows and will pay to see more. Lets start to have some peace on this board and start with some FRESH news. To all the negative people, I pray for you, obviously you have an issue with your self to sit behind a computer and bash someone.
Creed Rules!

GodBless,
Deana

Thanks for your post. I mostly agree with that. I think the main difference in Stapp's voice today is that he doesn't have the raspy voice that he used to have. His voice is now more smooth and melodic, but many people don't like that because it now sounds like he has less power than he used to have. The truth is that he's intentionally singing like that in order to preserve his voice and sing in a technically correct way. His voice sounds a lot different than it used to, but it doesn't sound that much worse in my opinion. I still think that he's a great vocalist and doesn't deserve all of the criticism that he's receiving.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #25
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

I agree with it being less raspy. But what you call smooth and melodic, I call flat. Listen to live videos of One Last Breath and Torn and Bullets and tell him if he is intentionally singing like that. If he is then he belongs in a mental institution.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #26
Creed009
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) I agree with it being less raspy. But what you call smooth and melodic, I call flat. Listen to live videos of One Last Breath and Torn and Bullets and tell him if he is intentionally singing like that. If he is then he belongs in a mental institution.

To me it just seems like Stapp has been very inconsistent. He sounded terrible in some of the videos that I listened to, but he sounded exactly like his old self in other videos. I thought he sounded great on Rockline last night. It just seems like he doesn't have very much endurance these days.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #27
creedm1981
USER INFO »

yah , why do you guys get offendes so easy. I am a stapp fan like all of you but reality is reality, he is a great showman and much charisma but his voice is not like it used to... anyhow the album sounds great and the band is kicking ass.... that is a major plus for his career and the group
Old 11-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #28
Guira
USER INFO »

I noticed this difference in his voice too, and it made me very disapointed.. But I'm a fan, and I love this band since always, so I support them! I prefer Scott back even with his voice like this, to if creed didn't came back because of this. (sorry my english, I'm brazilian)
Old 11-14-2009, 07:04 PM   #29
kelbel75
USER INFO »

I think he still has it.. .. wtf is up with ppl...?
Old 11-15-2009, 01:00 AM   #30
josha31042
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by kelbel75) I think he still has it.. .. wtf is up with ppl...?

He doesn't. Not at the moment, anyway.