++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-23-2004, 08:53 PM   #31
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sorry for the double post, but i reread the article again and it states that he wrote the AB material with creed, not he wrote the lyrics to creed. Sorry Lith
Old 09-24-2004, 07:53 AM   #32
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Publicly, Scott has said nothing but kind words about them.
Flip and Mark have said kind words to Scott as well!! Just read this interview, Flip said a couple of times that Scott is an AMAZING singer!!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Was Mark happy when he received a Grammy? Where they happy selling 30 millions records? Where they happy receiving award after award from Blockbuster, VH1 and Billboard? None of that would have been possible without Scott. How soon they forget. Aren't friendships supposed to last through good and bad times, no matter how bad things get?
Yes, but you don't have to be happy just because you win many awards!! Their so happy in Alter Bridge with Brian and Myles!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-24-2004, 11:38 PM   #33
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I think Ann is right in that the writer might have messed up. Even if it says the words, with Creed, the context of the sentence is in relation to AB's music. It definitely can be read both ways, I guess...That writer needed a good editor . Anyway, this is all really pointless to bicker over.

I agree with Dogstar here. I read it like Mark wrote these lyrics for Creed songs or while he was in Creed, not that he wrote 60-70% of the Creed lyrics. This writer here is very confusing.

-Open Your Eyes
Old 09-25-2004, 12:15 AM   #34
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
This whole argument started due to a horribly written article.

What Phillips was saying was that Tremonti wrote 60-70% of Alter Bridge's material.

The author has added that little (with Creed) bit and it's made the whole quote quite confusing. If you take out that bit, it reads like:

Quote: Mark wrote most of the material. He wrote probably 60 or 70 percent of the lyrics, did most of the vocal melodies and came up with all of the guitar riffs

This time around, it was more of a democratic process. If we had an opinion or an idea about something - not that we couldn't always express it earlier - this time it actually would happen. Mark was very open to suggestions. I like the way the songs turned out. ... It was a really, really fun process. It was really cool.

That certainly isn't confusing. He's talking about Alter Bridge in the first paragraph. I think the writer was implying that Mark wrote the 60-70% of lyrics etc whilest still technically in Creed. But she's done it poorly.

Speaking of which, Weathered's linear notes say "Lyrics and Vocals Scott Stapp", and "Guitars and Bass Mark Tremonti". While I'd have thought that there were times when Stapp was a little blocked, or Tremonti wasn't sure of the direction the song should take, or Phillips wasn't certain on how to approach the drumming, and the other band members (and the whole team behind Creed) helped out, that second paragraph leads me to believe that Weathered was a record written with very defined jobs, that noone was open to suggestions from other bandmates.

It seems all members of Creed are happy with the current situation, so I don't see why there should be divide between Stapp fans and Alter Bridge fans. Unfortunately I've seen it before, when At the Drive-In split up to Sparta and The Mars Volta, a lot of people stuck with one side or the other. Considering I've not heard anything from Stapp (I'm NOT installing Real Audio. No. No. No.), I'm not saying anything, but if the Tea Party are playing the music, it's got to be good! Why can't people enjoy both branches of the Creed tree?
Old 09-25-2004, 05:34 AM   #35
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by R U Ready?) I agree with Dogstar here. I read it like Mark wrote these lyrics for Creed songs or while he was in Creed, not that he wrote 60-70% of the Creed lyrics. This writer here is very confusing.
Yeah, it's very blurry, but that makes sence!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-27-2005, 05:22 PM   #36
yesterdazewine
USER INFO »
scott wrote all but two tracks on weathered, who cares both mark and scott are better together, than apart, so this crap is bull ,who did this who did that, the end results si no more Creed, thats a drag..........
Old 01-27-2005, 05:59 PM   #37
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by yesterdazewine) scott wrote all but two tracks on weathered, who cares both mark and scott are better together, than apart, so this crap is bull ,who did this who did that, the end results si no more Creed, thats a drag..........

Why did you bump this?
Old 01-27-2005, 06:31 PM   #38
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
I think yesterdazewine drank a little too much of yesterday's wine...
Old 01-27-2005, 07:15 PM   #39
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
What I think happened with Creed's lyrics is that Mark had most of the initial ideas and perhaps had the chorus down and than Stapp would come in and tidy things up and the lyrics would vastly improve. So Mark would write 60-70% of the lyrics but its that missing 30 from scott that makes all the difference. take a creed song like "is this the end" (i think scott did this 100% but i'm not certain) and compare it to anything on ODR......the comparison is laughable in a lyrical sense.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-27-2005, 07:50 PM   #40
yesterdazewine
USER INFO »
that's cool , your bedside manner is that of a maggot, u need to learn to be positive instead of causing shit , this is a talk board to discuss creed not a place where you can cut people down, learn it, live it, love it,,,,otherwise screw
Old 01-27-2005, 07:56 PM   #41
yesterdazewine
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Why did you bump this?
look man im new to this, if i bumped anything , it was not on purpose, but being pissed doesnt make sense, give me a break
Old 01-27-2005, 08:18 PM   #42
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by yesterdazewine) that's cool , your bedside manner is that of a maggot, u need to learn to be positive instead of causing shit , this is a talk board to discuss creed not a place where you can cut people down, learn it, live it, love it,,,,otherwise screw

And yet you're in the Alter Bridge forum. The forum you want is the next one down.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:24 PM   #43
titan9
USER INFO »
Lol, I wasn't around when this thread was originally posted, but I gotta say good work on posting something from the Flint Journal, my hometown newspaper! I remember reading it in the paper. Anyway, how did Lith, a guy from Sweden(right?!?) find out about this interview? Flint sure as heck isn't a huge city or anything.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:03 PM   #44
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, I'm from Sweden. Stockholm actually. Actually Chris posted it on the Alter-Bridge.net board and I just copied that and posted it here.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-28-2005, 02:46 PM   #45
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by yesterdazewine) look man im new to this, if i bumped anything , it was not on purpose, but being pissed doesnt make sense, give me a break

I wasn't pissed, i was just asking why you felt you needed this to be bumped....chill.