++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 11-09-2005, 01:26 PM   #16
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by metalanus) anyone ever heard of them they are quite good.

Yeah, I've seen them live and met them. They come to San Diego quite often because they're good friends with P.O.D. who are from my hometown. Great band... good guys.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:28 PM   #17
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, I think Blindside is the most famous swedish rock band. Although they're not doing so well here in Sweden! But I really get the feeling they diss Sweden a little bit. For what I know they're only gonna play a few shows here in Sweden this whole tour. Suck ass... We have 2 other pretty big rock atcs: Hammerfall, which is heavy metal, and Prime STH, which I am a big fan of. Don't know of you ever heard if other swedish rockbands like Stereolith or Blowsight?

Prime (STH) plays here in Stockholm at least one time every mouth. Often it's VERY cheap or sometimes FREE!!!! Although they are a pretty big band, they just love their hometown! Stockholm is mine, Prime's, Blindside's, Stereolith's and Blowsight's hometown!! I'm proud of it!

What about The Hives? They're Swedish right?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:30 PM   #18
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Hey Blindside have played in my hometown for ages ago! They played at missoinskyrkan in Falkenberg called Tullbrogården before I knew about them though, my friends friend know them two :P
(Friend of a friend of a friend of a friends friend know them :P) But any way, the reason I think they diss sweden is becouse they don't want to be big here, they want this as a place to hide... I actualy own Blowsights demo albume She Devil, pretty good soft rock. I hate Hammer Fall, they suck! :P But they're damn good musicans! Never heard of Prime (STH) though... Never heard of Stereolith either...

www.aboutaburningfire.com and you'll come to Blindsides page

Well Blindside are a fairly religious bunch of guys... does the fact that Sweden is a relatively liberal, non-religious country make them feel not as welcome being a band somewhat inspired by Christianity?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:53 PM   #19
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) What about The Hives? They're Swedish right?
Yes, but I don't count them as rock because I happen to friggin hate them!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Well Blindside are a fairly religious bunch of guys... does the fact that Sweden is a relatively liberal, non-religious country make them feel not as welcome being a band somewhat inspired by Christianity?
No way, that has nothing to do with it! It's just that their music isn't doing too well over here. We are not a non-religious country, we just try to stay open minded for new things, you know? Actually we laugh at Americans when they call us liberal and a "homosexual loving-country". Very many here are believers! Like David, (RoffeDH)! Blindside, and other religious acts are more than welcome to come and visit us here!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-09-2005, 05:24 PM   #20
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yes, but I don't count them as rock because I happen to friggin hate them!
they're pretty shitty

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) No way, that has nothing to do with it! It's just that their music isn't doing too well over here. We are not a non-religious country, we just try to stay open minded for new things, you know? Actually we laugh at Americans when they call us liberal and a "homosexual loving-country". Very many here are believers! Like David, (RoffeDH)! Blindside, and other religious acts are more than welcome to come and visit us here!
At least in our media, most of Europe, particularly Scandinavia & Central Europe (France, Germany, etc.) are portrayed as becoming increasingly secular by the day, so that might be why a lot of Americans ask that.