++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-11-2004, 04:56 PM   #31
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Then......

Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) Wish I knew. I haven't heard any info on it yet. I asked the question to the girls at creedpit who heard the demo and they said he was still kicking some names around. Originally it was to be Downshifter, but that got scrapped pretty early on I guess.

PS- One thing to keep in mind about the MT.net site is that most of it's regular people are what I consider hard-core guitarists who think MArk's guitar playing is awesome. I probably shouldn't generalize here, BUT.. most guitarists think of a lead singer as a necessary evil. Truth be told they'd all do instrumental CDs like Stevie Vai if they would sell as good. LOL. Just take that into consideration (along with a grain of salt) when you talk about Stapp at that site.

Maybe that's why I don't frequent that site. I listen to a band equally as much for the voice as the instrument. But then I wouldn't go to that site to talk about Stapp.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:35 PM   #32
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) One thing to keep in mind about the MT.net site is that most of it's regular people are what I consider hard-core guitarists who think MArk's guitar playing is awesome. I probably shouldn't generalize here, BUT.. most guitarists think of a lead singer as a necessary evil. Truth be told they'd all do instrumental CDs like Stevie Vai if they would sell as good. LOL. Just take that into consideration (along with a grain of salt) when you talk about Stapp at that site.

I think that some of the people over there are teenagers as well. There have been posts where the users have given their age, so I'm not just saying that. I actually have had a few good laughs with some of the topics and the responses to them. (They like to use foul language alot). Michael (the administrator) put up Tremonti's old posts on the board today (from Oct. 2001 right before Weathered came out). In his post, Mark mentioned how he thought Weathered was Creed's best album by far. I know from reading the posts that the die-hard Tremonti fans don't like Weathered (of course they blame Stapp because of the lyrics). Go to the sight and read it, it was pretty interesting.

I give you alot of credit for going to the Creed Pit BB. I get a headache when I go over there. There is always so much going on, and I already spend waaaaay tooo much time on the computer.

I've been reading this BB for a long time and finally decided to join. I need to keep up with my boy STAPP.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:48 PM   #33
multifast1
USER INFO »
I'm glad Michale reposted that Q&A from Mark. I remember reading it when he did it back then.. And yeah, I know what you mean about the Weathered bashing. Personally, MOP is still my fav of the three only because of it's overall sound and attitude. I certainly won't blame Stapp for Weathered's lighter side.. other than Lullabye that is :-) I think the lyrics and songs are awesome on all through but their basic sound changed throughout as they experimented with different sounds. That just normal evolution for a band.

Not sure why I never posted on this board before.. I used to come here almost daily to check for updates and concert reviews.. and waaaaaay too much during CQ!