++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 05-10-2003, 05:40 AM   #1
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Grrrrrr!!!!!!!!

i am SO MAD. no i am so upset. Does anyone else work with customers, cos let me tell you, THEY SUCK. i just had the worst day ever all because some stupid woman is stupid. i'm sorry to rattle on for so long, but i have to do this and no-one else is home so i have to just cry to myself and writing this should make me feel better. feel free not to read it cos it's really nothing important.

so, i was doing a copy of a photo for this customer, and she thought it was too light ("the quality isn't very good, it's all grainy, i think it's too light" even though it looked FINE, it wasn't too light at all and considering it was zoomed in and was bound to lose some clarity, it looked next to perfect) but no, it wasn't good enough, so i did it again, but this time there was a scratch, really really light, down the side, because sometimes the scanner just does that and there's nothing you can do about it. I told her it comes and goes but otherwise there's nothing we can do. She's like 'can we just try it again?' so i do it again. I'm getting grumpy now cos the first photo lookes perfectly fine, and i can't just magic the scratch out of the scanner you know? i say she can get a refund and come back in a week or two, get it done again cos maybe the scratch will be gone then. She says no, i need it for mother's day. So anyway she can see i'm getting grumpy, i know cos she keeps looking at me. so i offer to put the stupid beanie she wanted to buy through my register, even though normally she would have to walk down and wait in line at the registers. isn't that nice of me? then her third set of photos come out and it's still got the scratch (surprise) and she stares at them all and says 'what do i do now?' i say 'you can choose which one you like the best or get a refund'. She gets all huffy but finally chooses the one that was supposedly too light. then she says 'what do you do with those other ones, like can i have them too?' i say no, not unless you pay for them. She gets even more huffy and stomps off.

Then i tell my workmate what just happened, cos you know i had to let off some steam and she has served the lady a little too. But the customer heard me and came back and yelled at me and said i had an attitude and she didn't appreciate being talked about behind her back. i said i was just telling the other girl what had happened, cos she deserved to know since she had served her too. But she yells at me again, saying i had an attitude and she expected better service. i said i was sorry, i didn't realise i was giving her attitude. She said well i think you did know, and it's taken me this long to get an apology out of you (don't know what she meant by that.) she kept going on and on about how she'd never had a photo done before and i was rude to her (even though she said she didn't know what she was doing at the very start, and it's not like i expect her to know anyway) and she said all i ever said was 'nuh' or 'i don't know'. Honestly i don't know what more she expected me to say. She asks what her options are, i tell her. She asks to have it done again, i do it. She's going on and on about how she expects better customer service and now 'someones going to hear about me'.

It makes me sooooo mad, do people forget that workers are human too? This stupid woman could cause someone to lose their job that they probably looked for a year to get, all because we don't smile 24-7. we can have bad days too you know, and i bent over backwards for that stupid woman, i could have even got into trouble for wasting over $20 worth of paper and putting her stupid thing through my register, but does she care? NOOOOOO. Did she even notice? NOOOOOO. i don't know how else i could have possibly made anything better for her. we are not customer's slaves you know. Customers like her make my blood boil - does she think she's some queen, above everyone else? does she even work herself? i mean i get home and my feet are killing me and i end up going to bed at like 7 o'clock cos i'm so tired, and i do it three times a week working my butt off to help these people, and i'm treated like some...thing, like not even a human. and i hated the look on her face, i hate being hated, i mean i try so hard and what do i get?

The worst thing is that besides the customers, i happen to love my job and i don't want to quit. But i'm not available enough to work only when the store's closed, as much as i would like to. So i'm stuck to serve idiotic stupid, cruel people like that customer and be made to feel like i am worth nothing. I am worth nothing.
Old 05-10-2003, 09:21 AM   #2
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Oh i forgot to mention. No manager or anyone ever came to talk to me, so maybe she dropped it or maybe she filled in a feedback form or something. Still, it doesn't sound good and it doesn't feel good. :mad2
Old 05-10-2003, 01:35 PM   #3
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
That really sucks mel!ssa. I don't have to put up with that right now, but I probably will this summer when I [hopefully] get a job.

My sister works at a Baskin Robbins in Utah, and is constantly complaining about how she hate it and how people are a pain in the arse.

The good news is, when I go there (like, once a year) through her I can get Ice Cream for 50% off. The last time I was there was last October when Creed was going to be having a show in the Delta Center, but it was cancelled due to Stapp's laryngitis.

Anyway, watch this to cheer you up. Smile's getting kicked in the nuts. That's classic. Of course, seeing real people do it is funnier. Click Here and click the punt button. ENJOY!

(It's saturday. I have some time on my hands)

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 05-10-2003, 01:54 PM   #4
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I'm sorry you get people like that Sounds like that women needed a kick in the butt to me Some people in the world don't care and are only out for themselves, and they don't care who they step on:madder: That really makes me mad that that happened to you! This is pretty much when you just smile and greet them with a nice big fat But then again...why stop at one
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 05-10-2003, 07:15 PM   #5
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
That sucks! She really had no right to yell at you, what a bitch
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 05-11-2003, 12:28 AM   #6
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
that sucks... dealing with people is really hard... specially this kind. At least you managed the situation, I think if that happened with me, IŽd say some things for her...
Old 05-11-2003, 02:01 AM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Good God, people are the worst in stores and such. They are so rude to the workers, it's unreal. And they are just rude to each other in general. There's no decorum anymore. Customers think they have the right to be nasty and sarcastic to the store personnel. It gets me soooo mad. I could never work with the public anymore because I think I would just want to slap these people, or I would be so sarcastic back to them that I would get fired. I worked in a department store once and I swear, it was one of the worst jobs I ever had. I would have loved to record some of the customers' rants and then play them back to them to show them how ridiculous they sound, getting all worked up over something so trivial.

I'm sorry you had such a rotten experience, Mel!ssa. It sounds as if you did what you could to make the best of the situation, but sometimes there is just no pleasing some people. Obviously, they weren't taught proper manners.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:09 PM   #8
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Thankyou guys. I didn't mean to sound like i was looking for sympathy or anything. It's just that no-one was home and i was in tears and everything... anyway i'm just trying to forget it now and hope that when i go back to work on Thursday i don't get fired or talked to or anything. if a manager comes and asks me to explain myself i'll probably start crying in front of him...
Old 05-11-2003, 09:18 PM   #9
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I'm so sorry that happened to you, mel!ssa. I give you credit for working with the public like that. Some people are never happy no matter what you do.

Please don't worry about venting here, I'm glad that you came here and were able to share it with us. I know how it is to come home after a stressful day and feeling the need to share it with someone.

I wish you all the best when you go back on Thursday. IMO, you did nothing wrong and there is no way you should get fired.

Relearn Love
Old 05-11-2003, 09:52 PM   #10
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
You people are all so nice to my baby sister!

I'm so glad I only have to deal with lawyers...... yes, you read that right, LAWYERS. I've only ever done work experience in a shop, but it was enough to make me realise that I didn't want to work in customer service.

Hey Missy, this just made me think of something. You know when we were at the layby counter of Target yesterday, and the girl stuffed it up and then the guy stuffed it up?? Did we get all bitchy at them and yell and demand apologies!?!? NO! We were as calm as could be expected since we were being served by halfwits. But don't tell them we said that.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:55 PM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan47a
Hey Missy, this just made me think of something.  You know when we were at the layby counter of Target yesterday, and the girl stuffed it up and then the guy stuffed it up??  Did we get all bitchy at them and yell and demand apologies!?!?  NO!  We were as calm as could be expected since we were being served by halfwits.  But don't tell them we said that.

LMMFAO! I love the word *halfwits*...
Old 05-11-2003, 09:59 PM   #12
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
That's someone with half a brain.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:24 AM   #13
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Yeah, thought about getting mad or making a comment about her grumpiness, but then i thought, that would make me no better than the stupid woman i had to serve....maybe she was having a bad day or something? Maybe she just had to serve a crappy customer like the one i had to serve, and i would just make it worse by being mad at her... i don't think i would have had the nerve to be mad at her anyway. It's just so rude...
Old 05-12-2003, 12:31 AM   #14
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
you did right, melissa. donŽt cry for her BS.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:35 AM   #15
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by mel!ssa
Yeah, thought about getting mad or making a comment about her grumpiness, but then i thought, that would make me no better than the stupid woman i had to serve....maybe she was having a bad day or something?  Maybe she just had to serve a crappy customer like the one i had to serve, and i would just make it worse by being mad at her... i don't think i would have had the nerve to be mad at her anyway.  It's just so rude...
Maybe she had PMS
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot