++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
skyguy86
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Concert Reviews: The Wiltern, May 15, 2012: "Creed Performs Human Clay"

Setlist:
Are You Ready
What If
Beautiful
Say I
Wrong Way
Faceless Man
Never Die
With Arms Wide Open
Higher
Wash Away Those Years
Inside Us All
Bullets
Torn
My Own Prison
One

Encore:
One Last Breath
My Sacrifice

This show completely blew me away. Words cannot describe the sense of fulfillment I had when listening to this fantastic band play these fantastic songs. Creed seems to be in a fantastic groove right now, making it easy for them to rekindle the magic that made them who they were at their peak. The songs sounded spot on to the record. I think that the entire band has stepped up their game musically. Tempo problems have plagued the band for the past few years, but it seems as if that's not the case anymore. Maybe being away from the songs for so long made them uneasy to play them, but now, they are better than ever. And Scott...oh my God, I can't even begin to describe the full circle that Scott has come. Vocally, he sounds alive, vivid, passionate, and determined to prove that he still has that signature sound. Tuesday night, he proved that and so much more. He has his voice back and in true Scott Stapp form. His passion shows even more now that he is vocally on par with his younger self.

After the show, we waited out back for the band to come out. I met Scott last April at his solo show in Agoura Hills. I was able to share my story with him and tell him how much Human Clay meant to me and how it had shaped my life. He was very happy that I found the strength to share my story with him and he signed my album. I had always wished to be able to share that moment with the rest of the band. Each and every one of the band members has helped shape my life through their music. Tuesday night, I finally got to share my story with them.

Scott left with his family (which, from what I've gathered through these posts, is to avoid trigger environments. I fully respect that decision. That man has been through hell and back and anything that can help him maintain this state of health is ok by me) so I didn't get to see him again. We waited for over an hour into the young hours of the morning and finally the rest of the band came out. I got to speak with everyone and really thank them for the music. And, after almost 8 years since I first heard Human Clay, I was able to get the entire band to sign my album! It was so late and my family was tired, but I was too excited and pumped with adrenaline to care.

I've listened to Creed nonstop for almost eight years now. My love for this band started with a single song I found on my dad's computer long ago. That song became a gateway to what would become a deep admiration, powerful connection, and relentless support to a band who's words speak to me like no other. The show last night was, for lack of a better word, perfect. This album was the first album I owned when I was 12, and now I have had the opportunity to meet the band members and personally thank each and every one of them for the music that they have created, for it has shaped my life in ways I never dreamed were possible. This music, this album, gives me strength, hope, and energy to become a better person. I cannot express how much it meant to me to be able to share this cathartic experience with such an amazing band and such amazing people by my side (my loyal brother, my fantastic mom, and my loving girlfriend). I came out of the show feeling stronger and ready to be who I am supposed to be. Creed, thank you. Thank you for the music. Thank you for the memories. And most importantly, thank you for giving me the lens with which to discover myself through. I can't wait to see you again.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Concert Reviews: The Wiltern, May 15, 2012: "Creed Performs Human Clay"

Great review. I can't wait to see them in Atl!