++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #76
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB III leaked

I'm listening to the stream right now and to be honest I'm finding these songs to be heavy for what it is, but I've been thinking instead of musically heavy what about lyrically & emotionally heavy. Remember this album is basically about a guy going through these ranges of emotions and sadly I'm that guy right now. Every song on this album hits what I'm going through, especially Wonderful Life. Experiencing this first hand, these songs are pretty heavy.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 10-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #77
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) Thanks, I'm glad I'm not alone in my frustration!
anybody wanna baby set, but serious as ironc as it sounds, creed fans base AND AB,s Fan Base, are like wow set aside from each other, it baffles truly as well to certian prespective, i,d speak up through a song, ITS STILL ROCK N ROLL TO ME, better version of course than the .... Rock On Broken Nation...One day At Time Sweet Jesus, Through Patients Builds Strengeth, pray for it daily as artist of this nation, wrting can become flustarating, everybody deals differently i free flow at that point, where you know to write it down out that precice momeant, im my happiest wrting moods when collabarating, with others, you gotta balance the chemestry its kinda like getting a choir to sing in the same key and move it diffrently when changes come in, then again get the choir to sing in the same keys, complex i know, but there is a lot influnces and that we cant exclud but know how to manage, i can see that where your drawn to in a heavier sound play skifully with a loud noise, its not the thunder is always there because we have the amps its not at times how loud it is, but how loud the structure is, from a a wide range of diffrent instuments and gadgets dont know their names but know the sound in which they make B/C, there is to many.... This Guy Here, What More Can I Say, Was The Master, of this structure And Great Balls Of Fire Still Going, Left To Us To Just Play....so many different things has came into the spitrual life of rock n roll since those days its almost like a RELEGION, we bring everything with us, and UV,s so its hard to find that perfect balanced time, and let alone with the world in the shapes in which makes good wrting context of the revloution, you would be surprised in that still time what you get when the pen hits the paper or the artist to their one beloved ball chain the instrument, it takes the entire assemblege to bring forth the power of the strings, after you play this or that, you realized you did,nt get there alone, but sometimes the domanating instruments gets all the credit, but the first domanating flow is the sound its self,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JIMMY PAGE.jpg (3.6 KB, 649 views)
Old 10-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #78
Inspired
USER INFO »

I don't know if that is all the band meant by heavy, particularly with Tremonti supposedly being a metalhead. In general I found the lyrics to be simplistic although some are better than others. "Do you cry for the ghost of days gone by" and "well all fall sometimes...I know it hurts" is really sappy and not my idea of heavy.

I guess that people who like them because of their anthemic/light stuff would like this. I started liking Creed because of their heavy sound, in fact it was how I started getting into heavier stuff. It's ironic to me that they are getting further and further away from that now.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #79
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) I don't know if that is all the band meant by heavy, particularly with Tremonti supposedly being a metalhead. In general I found the lyrics to be simplistic although some are better than others. "Do you cry for the ghost of days gone by" and "well all fall sometimes...I know it hurts" is really sappy and not my idea of heavy.

I guess that people who like them because of their anthemic/light stuff would like this. I started liking Creed because of their heavy sound, in fact it was how I started getting into heavier stuff. It's ironic to me that they are getting further and further away from that now.
music is an art, rock n roll, is a feeling of that unseen you cant grab it you cant see you can only feel it, which is the soundtrack of the revelations, its to and fro, so if one gets further and further from a sound, thats always subject to change, music was not carved in stone, but moves freely from one artist to the other, .......
Old 10-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #80
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

Does the vibe remind anyone else of M4's Second Skin album? Definitely "artsy" and "dynamic," but not really heavy.

So far it's alright. I'll have to go through a couple more times...
Old 10-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #81
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Fuck Stapp) *removed deleted post *

-Steve
LOL and I thought I was opinionated.

Last edited by Chris98GT : 10-08-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #82
knicks5171
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Fuck Stapp) * removed deleted post *

-Steve

This is completely unnecessary. Yes your voicing your opinion and you have all the right in the world to say what you want. However, to say Stapp has no talent is a ridiculous statement and you really blew it out of proportion. His voice in his prime was undeniably very good. Myles is very good as well and they both have a different style of singing. Nagpo is allowed to voice his opinion and your post to me was a little excessive.

Last edited by Steve : 10-08-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:54 AM   #83
nagpo
USER INFO »

^ What happened?
Old 10-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #84
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) ^ What happened?
trying to figure it out, just got my coffea Aparrently Revicing Swiftly, someone USED A PROHIBTED, user Name, Back To U Chris98, It Is A Opinon Indeed, %&^^ we permit that yes indeed, we have icons, but the user name is just ugly, .......... thank you steve, peace be with us, wonderfull job...
Old 10-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #85
Inspired
USER INFO »

Does anyone else think the verse melody in All Hope is Gone sounds like With a Little Help from my Friends by the Beatles, at least in terms of cadence and rhythm?
Old 10-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #86
maccamer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) ^ What happened?

Somebody with a username of F*ck Stapp posted a long post basically calling you out directly for being supportive of Stapp. They also made it clear that Stapp was talentless and Myles is far superior in all ways possible and that AB is going to last....Creed and Stapp will not.....blah blah blah. They gave an email, which I was half tempted to send a post stating that they are ridiculous, but Steve removed the post.

Oh well, you get the haters....you get the fans. We are all here for the music and if you don't like it, at least try and be respectful or you might get banned.

For the record, both Scott Stapp and Myles Kennedy ARE BAD ASS SINGERS, PERFORMERS, AND ARTISTS! More good music we get, the happier I am....I don't know about anyone else.....but I am digging everything that has been released with Tremonti involved as well as Scott and Mayfield 4 stuff. Just good music PERIOD. People are just too picky and get hung up over nothing. Just my thoughts......sorry for the long post.......

I come on here to read interviews, reviews, and to see what other fans are up to. Not to read the hate. Thank you Steve for removing that post!

Last edited by maccamer : 10-08-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #87
nagpo
USER INFO »

Hm, thanks. I like Myles and Stapp both. In fact, I've been more critical about Stapp more than anyone I think. Whatever
Old 10-08-2010, 06:43 PM   #88
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Hm, thanks. I like Myles and Stapp both. In fact, I've been more critical about Stapp more than anyone I think. Whatever
AMEN AND AMEN, Myles Can Sing...A True Rock N Roll Vocalist, off topic just for a second to bring up a point, recall scatterbrains dont call me dude, well this topic to truly is the call me dude topic, However Stapp Will Always Be The Voice Of CREED, and there is a lot of different styles And Influnces In him I dont Think , Has been Unlocked, hopefully we hear it in the now solo Album, The Older Stapp gets The Better His Voice Will Become, which happend with a lot of artists who i dont have , time to make a list of, He Really Needs To Quit Smoking, A Lot Of Artist he dont bother others it does, stapp may be one of theme, I Hear The PATCH is good, but the only way it would help me is to roll it up in smoke it, Now Cold Turkey is hard todo But while He Is USING his Voice, In Recording And Performing, he dont need to smoke there is plenty of second hand smoke, ........ did i mention myles was A True Rock Vocalist....Good Times Good Times, Ya,alls Good Times....
Old 10-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #89
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) Does anyone else think the verse melody in All Hope is Gone sounds like With a Little Help from my Friends by the Beatles, at least in terms of cadence and rhythm?
when i hear it i,ll let you know....all 14 tracks, one of my favorite tunes of all time, as i recall they used Joe C. Version in the ABC hit Sitcom The Wonder Years, with Fred Savage, I Hated Winnie Cooper... Hated The Entire Show, there was never a sequal to what happend In His Thirty Something Years, im busy busy busy ya,alls.....
Old 10-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #90
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by maccamer) Somebody with a username of F*ck Stapp posted a long post basically calling you out directly for being supportive of Stapp. They also made it clear that Stapp was talentless and Myles is far superior in all ways possible and that AB is going to last....Creed and Stapp will not.....blah blah blah. They gave an email, which I was half tempted to send a post stating that they are ridiculous, but Steve removed the post.

Oh well, you get the haters....you get the fans. We are all here for the music and if you don't like it, at least try and be respectful or you might get banned.

For the record, both Scott Stapp and Myles Kennedy ARE BAD ASS SINGERS, PERFORMERS, AND ARTISTS! More good music we get, the happier I am....I don't know about anyone else.....but I am digging everything that has been released with Tremonti involved as well as Scott and Mayfield 4 stuff. Just good music PERIOD. People are just too picky and get hung up over nothing. Just my thoughts......sorry for the long post.......

I come on here to read interviews, reviews, and to see what other fans are up to. Not to read the hate. Thank you Steve for removing that post!
indeed well all of thats on the list of rules when you Register I will Not talk bad about any creed members or use laungue that minors should,nt read and so forth, and they click on THE AGREE, and then dont agree, however a lot of folk pass through here to here the word of GOD And The Word Says WHERE FEW Or More Are Gathered In My Name Im In The Midst, so if were As Unto KMART, We Will Be Happy With Our Blue Light Specials And Let Walmart, Roll Back But My Best Phrases Of All Time Is Like Tom Bodat at motel 6 we will leave the light on for you, and JAY LENO with Dorritos CRUNCH All Ya Want Will Make More, And Dave Mustane, Burn All The Records You, WANT WILL MAKE MORE IF WAS,NT THE LORD THY GOD ON OUR SIDE, Than Where Would We Be ? We Should ENTER, With Love Respect And Divinty LET IT BE, The Good Lord Has Mercy Upon Us, We Get As Close To It As We Get, You ARE RIGHT MAN, From The Time We Were Taught As A Child The Word Never Departs From Us............. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC.... spirt in the sky, one of our members here has brought us back to that love feeling, BB king Sung It Best When He Sung ABOUT THRILL BEING GONE, Lets Not Loose That, Ya,alls..... there we all speak the same language,