++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-11-2003, 11:03 PM   #1
hockeysue
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Why?

I am a mother of three beautiful kids . They are 6,5 and four. I gained 70 pounds when I had them. I weighed 110 before I had my 6 year old. All three kids were over 9 .5 pounds when they were born . My weight made people look at me different . THe clothes I could wear were different .My ex husband looked and treated me differently. I lost all of the weight except 10 pounds but the hurt still is there. I did not become a different person.
I see alot of shirtless pics of Scott STapp. He looks great in all. No one says leave your shirt on you look gross. At the Chicago show alot of people seemed grossed out at Scotts beer belly and his white chest. Would people have been so upset about Scott taking his shirt off if it was tanned and skinny like the pictures? If he looked better I do not thank some people would have cared that he took off his shirt. If it was me I would feel like a piece of crap. Just like my ex and strangers made me feel after my weight gain.I guess that is the price of fame for SCott, sometimes you are treated as a piece of meat.
________
Masturbation vid
________
Milf chinese

Last edited by hockeysue : 05-07-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:10 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It is indeed unfortunate how much emphasis our society puts on physical appearances and how cruel people can be simply because of what a person looks like. As I have said before, I fell in love with Creed sight unseen. It was the music that drew me in. I didn't even know their names; all I knew was that I loved their sound. That was enough for me.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:15 PM   #3
hockeysue
USER INFO »
Thanks Dogstar. I will admit I like the way Scott looks. But if he wants to take his shirt off with a beer belly, I say go for it . More to cuddle.
________
EXTREME VAPORIZER
________
THE EXTREME Q VAPORIZER TEMPERATURE SETTING

Last edited by hockeysue : 05-07-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:55 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Amen to that. I know we all talk about how hot he is, but really, he could be the most hideous looking man on the planet and I wouldn't care. It's that voice I love.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:06 AM   #5
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
Some people are just so shallow that they only look at beauty first before personality. It's sad how looks determine the kind of person you are.

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 01-12-2003, 09:51 AM   #6
ronda
USER INFO »
Hockeysue,
It is sad you are feeling this way after you ,have maybe put on a few pounds or your shape changed. Our world certainly does put too much hype on what we look like. We can not all look like the 15% of the super skinny beautiful people the press bombards us with. I think since we have TV and magazines that the average person is not appreciated for the PERSON they are.

As for Scott, he is only human. We can not expect them to airbrush him live. In the magizines they can airbrush you to be perfect. He looked a bit pale, no suprise to me, it is the dead of winter . LOL People have been hard on him about his apperance allot of emphisis on the weight issue. I think once you close your eyes and listen to the music the physical apperance does not matter. Of course it does not hurt that Scott is Very good looking, shirt or no shirt !
Old 01-12-2003, 10:06 AM   #7
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I liked them sight unseen as well. I heard and loved many of their songs without ever knowing what they looked like. Once I saw them and realized how great looking they all are, that was like an added bonus.

It IS sad that we are all held to the standards of what is coming out in the next Vogue magazine. That's not real. Size 12-14 is real. That's the real average size of the American woman, but we don't seem to be able to accept that because the magazines tell us we're nothing if not razor thin. I personally find Calista Flockhart sickening to look at. A good strong fart would blow her away.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-12-2003, 10:09 AM   #8
ronda
USER INFO »
Teri,
You are funny.
I agree!!!!
I think the way someone looks is a bonus. ANd boy oh boy,,, Scott got the bonus going on.....
Old 01-12-2003, 10:40 AM   #9
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I totally agree with everyone, especially Dogstar and TeriB. Like the both of you, I fell in love with Creed before I had any idea what any of them looked like. It was Scott's voice, the lyrics and the music that drew me to the band first and foremost. Rock On!!!

Relearn Love
Old 01-12-2003, 12:26 PM   #10
JenRN
USER INFO »
I as well fell in love with them before I ever saw them! It is plain and simply discusting how people treat over weight people! A co-worker I work with is having gastric bypass surgery Monday and she is literally ridiculed by the doctors on my floor because of her weight! They will seek out other nurses for help and you can see the discust in their eyes when they look at her, it REALLY pisses me off! She is a beautiful person inside and out to me and I could care less how she looks! As far as Scott, well he would look great to me no matter what! His spirit is so bright it literally blinds me sometimes! So he has a little belly, who cares! I myself personally hate men who are skinny runts! I love a nice muscular meaty man! He lookes pretty incredible to me close up these past few concerts, I literally got butterflies looking at him so close! **sigh** memories!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-12-2003, 12:31 PM   #11
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I have always been short and have never been skinny. So when I got pregnant with Jenn, I put on 50 pounds. I could tell a difference in the way people looked at me late in my pregnancy. When I came back from my LOA at work, no one ever said anything to my face, but there was another girl who had gone out on pregnancy leave right before I came back and they said the most awful things about her weight gain after she left. So I always shy away from discussing those matters. I don't care what a person's size is, I would never look with disgust upon someone who is bigger. I have always had a weight problem and been sensitive about it. I know how painful it is to be overweight, and I would never want to cause someone else that sort of pain.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-12-2003, 02:07 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Same here, Teri. I have struggled with my weight and have been called nasty names over the years because of it: thunder thighs, blubber butt, you name it. People can be so cruel. I get eally irritated with people who judge others simply because they don't fall into the *beautiful people* category. And people can be so judgmental about it. There was an Oprah show the other day about obese women and they interviewed people on the street about what they think when they see an obese person. I couldn't believe the things they said, from making comments about what they should and shouldn't eat to attacking their characters simply because of their weight. Unless they know why the person is obese (and it shouldn't matter anyway), then they shouldn't say anything.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:30 PM   #13
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I think it has a lot to do with how you are raised. I am not overweight by any means, I am underweight. I always have been, but I would NEVER look at a person differently because of their weight or physical appearance and that is because I was raised to feel good about myself and to be friends with everyone regardless of what people said or thought. I do worry about my appearance, I like to look good and some may think that it is dumb for me to worry so much, but I am not one who is so shallow or insecure that I feel the need to make other's hurt to make myself feel better. I think some people weren't raised to be decent and have morals, or if there parents tried and they were raised right, they may have steered off with the wrong crowd. I was a military brat so I moved around A LOT growing up and it taught me to be very open-minded and very outgoing. That is why I never understood Cliques, in high school. I mean, I was friends with EVERYBODY. I did cheer my whole life and I had a few friends on the squad, but I didn't ditch my friends who didn't cheer or who were considered less popular then others. It caused lots of petty, childish arguments, but I am one who does what I want to do and if I click with someone who is not accepted by others, then so be it. I want to be with people I enjoy being with and have fun with. Let the miserable people hang out somewhere else.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:37 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well said, hotforscott!
Old 01-12-2003, 02:45 PM   #15
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Thank ya, thank ya very much!

We need an Elvis smiley!