++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 03-03-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Teacher on leave after alleged anti-Bush words

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11648765/

Teacher on leave after alleged anti-Bush words
Students stage walk-out to show support for Colorado high school teacher (you can also listen to his comments)

Is ok for teachers to discuss political beliefs in classroom? Or their comments were inappropriate???
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 03-03-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:21 PM   #2
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Re: Teacher on leave after alleged anti-Bush words

In public schools NO. I don't view preaching a political view to a captive audience from a position of authority as a balanced exchange of ideas.

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-03-2006, 06:31 PM   #3
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) In public schools NO. I don't view preaching a political view to a captive audience from a position of authority as a balanced exchange of ideas.

Why NOT in public schools???

I think students in High school (specially) must debate political issues...and the teachers can start these debates...of course im not saying dictating their points of views in class...but this is democracy...isnt it?

However I think the boy's atitude wasnt correct, using a subterfuge to show his discomfort in hearing his teachers views...

And btw its toooo hard for a History teacher to not shows his/her points of views in politics in class...too hard...believe me..
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-03-2006, 07:02 PM   #4
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Why NOT in public schools???

I think students in High school (specially) must debate political issues...and the teachers can start these debates...of course im not saying dictating their points of views in class...but this is democracy...isnt it?

However I think the boy's atitude wasnt correct, using a subterfuge to show his discomfort in hearing his teachers views...

And btw its toooo hard for a History teacher to not shows his/her points of views in politics in class...too hard...believe me..
I think debate between students is fine, but what's the point of this teacher including the current American President in US history? In this case he had a point to make. The left wing agenda is prevalent in American schools, I've been there! I think it would be too difficult for an educated adult to not try to influence. We all have pride and egos no matter how noble we think we are.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 03-03-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:00 PM   #5
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I think debate between students is fine, but what's the point of this teacher including the current American President in US history? .

...maybe because he's obviously part of U.S. history...hum?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #6
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Also I think its better to bring recent events in History to debate in class instead of forming political illiterates...

Quote: "The worst illiterate is the political illiterate, he doesn't hear, doesn't speak, nor it participates in the political events. He doesn't knows the cost of life, the price of the bean, of the fish, of the flour, of the rent, of the shoes and of the medicine, all depends on political decisions. The political illiterate is so stupid that he is proud and swell the chest saying that he hates politics. The imbecile doesn't know that, from of his
"her political ignorance is born the prostitute, the abandoned child, and the worst thieves of all, the bad politician, corrupt and flunky of the national and multinational companies."
(B Brecht)
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 03-03-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #7
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) ...maybe because he's obviously part of U.S. history...hum?
Wow they've covered everything up to Pres. Bushs election. They still have a few months left, what will they learn? Perhaps wich will be the best democrat candidate to clean up Bushs 8 year US history.

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #8
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Wow they've covered everything up to Pres. Bushs election. They still have a few months left, what will they learn? Perhaps wich will be the best democrat candidate to clean up Bushs 8 year US history.

Do you think that History only refers to the past?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-04-2006, 02:03 AM   #9
Chase
USER INFO »

Our tax dollars don't go to teachers who want to indoctrinate children.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:39 AM   #10
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Our tax dollars don't go to teachers who want to indoctrinate children.

telling the truth is the same of 'indoctrinate ' children? or are you defending that teachers must hide the truth ???
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-04-2006, 03:20 AM   #11
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) telling the truth is the same of 'indoctrinate ' children? or are you defending that teachers must hide the truth ???
unfortunatly in this situation truth is relative to the deliverer. The teacher considers Bush an invader while a student may view Bush as a liberator. History is a recorded sequence of events but comparing Bush to Hitler is a reckless display of the teachers political opinion.
History(the past) Present(the now) Future(on its way) this formula has served me well for 33 years and I'm sticking with it

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-04-2006, 05:05 AM   #12
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) telling the truth is the same of 'indoctrinate ' children? or are you defending that teachers must hide the truth ???

Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews by having them incinerated and shot to death. Bush hasn't done that. Therefore, he is lying and not telling the truth.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #13
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Do you think that History only refers to the past?

Are you implying history refers to future events? Maybe I've been taught wrong all these years... sure future events will become history, but that doesn't make them history to begin with.

When I was in highschool two of my history teachers were stanch liberals. They often discussed their political views, but not during classtime. When it came time to discuss current events, they kept their personal viewpoints out of the way of the discussion. That's what a teacher is supposed to do. A teacher of history is not supposed to give his/her personal viewpoints. They are supposed to encourage personal and individual thought and teach an unbiased lesson.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-04-2006, 12:48 PM   #14
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews by having them incinerated and shot to death. Bush hasn't done that. Therefore, he is lying and not telling the truth.

He is partially responsible for the fact that dead people floated in the water in New Orleans for almost two weeks before anyone had the thought to retreive the bodies. And all that time Bush said no one could have know the levee's would be breached. Turns out he knew more than anyone thought.

One of the most important sea ports in this country and there had been no improvements to the levee's since the 1960's
Old 03-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #15
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) He is partially responsible for the fact that dead people floated in the water in New Orleans for almost two weeks before anyone had the thought to retreive the bodies. And all that time Bush said no one could have know the levee's would be breached. Turns out he knew more than anyone thought.

One of the most important sea ports in this country and there had been no improvements to the levee's since the 1960's
So you believe George Bush controls the weather and over the last 30 years he should have been doing more to reinforce the levee

-Homer Simpson