++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 05:14 PM   #16
IvyFairy
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Wait a second. Someone can go ON AND ON AND ON about accusing someone of being a Nazi or a Baby Killer, etc. etc. etc. and it takes a while to be locked. I bring up a good argument for how ridiculous things are getting on this section of the board and immediately you want it locked?

People need to understand that not everyone is the same and have the same ideas… but there needs to be some kind of respect. Yes, there can be a debate and information set forth but to accuse and assume things about people are out of line.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:25 PM   #17
IvyFairy
USER INFO »
Watch. Next someone is going to say that the post --TOP 9 Apologetic Mistakes-- needs to be locked as well because it was started by Jester or it's showing a different opinion then the most common opinions found on this board.

As much as people might say that they are opened minded, they tend not to be. At least, that it what I've seen in the past. True, Politics and Religion are touchie subjects, but if you want to be in the room and read what other people have to say --- then one needs to learn to take notes and not just going around saying people are going to hell because they think differently.

Last edited by IvyFairy : 06-25-2005 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:31 PM   #18
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by no_fixd_address)
You mean the silly tantrums of the atheist guru Richard Carrier that got flattened by Dave Armstrong? Studies in Flew's Justification of His Change of Mind and the Predictable Reaction of Atheists
http://ic.net/~erasmus/RAZ233.HTM He ran away from that in a hurry. I don't know why he didn't delete the embarrassing post.

thank you for reminding me about that post No Fixd I had totally forgotten about that I have just printed and I am reading it now.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:56 PM   #19
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IvyFairy) Out of Control? I'm trying to stand up and show people that they need to think and stop assuming and judging people without asking real questions and getting to know and understanding the other side. Arguments based on assumption are an ad hominem fallacy.

It is not just you. I don't believe the replies have been particularly wonderful at all. I CERTAINLY do not believe anything positive is coming out of this thread.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:31 PM   #20
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IvyFairy) Out of Control? I'm trying to stand up and show people that they need to think and stop assuming and judging people without asking real questions and getting to know and understanding the other side. Arguments based on assumption are an ad hominem fallacy.
It's an internet message board. Who cares? Is it really worth all the frustration and anguish to try and prove to the world that you are "right"?
Old 06-26-2005, 12:18 AM   #21
IvyFairy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) It's an internet message board. Who cares? Is it really worth all the frustration and anguish to try and prove to the world that you are "right"?

That I'm "Right"???? WTF.?. No trying to defend that my husband is NOT A NAZI, Etc. Etc. Etc. All this PERSONAL ATTACKs that are being made and accusing people of. Obviously when people are unable to stand the heat of a debate -- they start to attack the PERSON and NOT THE ARRUMENT AT HAND.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:24 AM   #22
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) thank you for reminding me about that post No Fixd I had totally forgotten about that I have just printed and I am reading it now.

ok No_fixd it is done see the original thread titled "the truth about anthony flew"
Old 06-26-2005, 10:14 AM   #23
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IvyFairy) Obviously when people are unable to stand the heat of a debate -- they start to attack the PERSON and NOT THE ARRUMENT AT HAND.
Is this why you called me an f***ing bitch? Twice? This is fighting is getting ridiculous. Thread closed.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Closed Thread