++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 09-29-2006, 06:03 AM   #1
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Most Iraqis Want US Troops Out Within a Year

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pi...t=250&lb=hmpg1

Quote: A new WPO poll of the Iraqi public finds that seven in ten Iraqis want US-led forces to commit to withdraw within a year. An overwhelming majority believes that the US military presence in Iraq is provoking more conflict than it is preventing and there is growing confidence in the Iraqi army. If the US made a commitment to withdraw, a majority believes that this would strengthen the Iraqi government. Support for attacks on US-led forces has grown to a majority position—now six in ten. Support appears to be related to a widespread perception, held by all ethnic groups, that the US government plans to have permanent military bases in Iraq.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 09-30-2006, 01:47 PM   #2
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Re: Most Iraqis Want US Troops Out Within a Year

Thanks for posting it Ralphy,but the result of this poll doesnt bring any surprise...I mean, its the same perception that we (non americans) have...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 09-30-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Uh... I believe everyone wants our troops out. Including US! (ooh, cheesy play on letters...)
Old 09-30-2006, 07:58 PM   #4
bilal
USER INFO »

with all due respect ........ world would have been a rather better place if US had stayed inside its own boundries after world war II..... but its thirst for oil has brought so much damage to the world outside.....
Old 10-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
Chase
USER INFO »

You would have to be pretty crazy to not want our troops home.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #6
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) with all due respect ........ world would have been a rather better place if US had stayed inside its own boundries after world war II..... but its thirst for oil has brought so much damage to the world outside.....

WOW, and if you're going to make accusations... a good place to start would be with facts.

"Thirst for oil?" Everybody, including Pakistan, has a "thirst for oil." I don't know if you know this... but most of our modes of transportation run on OIL. However, I assume that you were trying to imply that the U.S. only goes around looking for oil. My friend, if America was willing to kill for oil... it'd be in Venezuela. It's a hell of a lot closer than the Middle East.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #7
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

^Yeah ,that post was ridiculous (not yours, the one you were responding to).

People liek to blame America for ltos of things, and while America certainly has its problems, until recently, it had been doing a fine job in the world. We saved Europe twice, then saved the world by winning the Cold War.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:32 AM   #8
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Support for attacks on US-led forces has grown to a majority position—now six in ten.

I found this to be the most remarkable part, 60% of the Iraqis supports attacks on US-led forces, yet noone seems to pick up on it.
Ofcourse it's just a poll, but if it were true, it means that a democratic majority supports attacks on American soldiers.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 10-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #9
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) ^Yeah ,that post was ridiculous (not yours, the one you were responding to).

ofcoure my post was the most ridiculous one... even in my own opinion it was a blant over exageration of an hopefully untrue statment..... i dont recall why i realy posted that....i guess i was and still am , a bit disillusioned by what i have been greivin for past week or so......... i have been losing my little hope for world peace as the news every night just crushes my hope and belive in politics and dipllomacy.......i guess i dont belive in these things anymore for that i have seen what west has made use of em......i guess iwas tired of hearing false statements about Islam and the recent conflicts that i thought may be i should do the same, its good that people still have power to pick right from wrong..... you guys proved that by denouncing my post..... iam glad.....i just hope they are a little more wise enought and try to do the same otherway around too........... but i have no hard feelings......

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) People liek to blame America for ltos of things, and while America certainly has its problems, until recently, it had been doing a fine job in the world. We saved Europe twice, then saved the world by winning the Cold War.

you are right, people blame America for a lot of things.......

Last edited by bilal : 10-05-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:58 AM   #10
McField
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to McField Send a message via Skype to McField

Quote: People liek to blame America for ltos of things, and while America certainly has its problems, until recently, it had been doing a fine job in the world. We saved Europe twice, then saved the world by winning the Cold War.
to
Quote: you are right, people blame America for a lot of things.......

I agree to that...many people don't see that for example russia is doing a lot brutal things than U.S