++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-11-2006, 06:04 AM   #1141
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

April 11th

"Under pressure."

What makes a shiny apple look so delicious? The skin, of course. But what is it about an apple that actually makes it delicious? The juice and substance inside. That's the apple's real "character." God uses life's pressures to bring out the sweetness of Christlike character in us. Tribulation (which means "pressure" in the Greek) also helps us realize the awful potential of our sin nature and see it for what it is, ugly and tasteless. Under pressure, all kinds of sins begin to surface; greed, selfishness, lust, pride.

Pressure, whether from without or from an unrealistic perfectionism within, is a fact of our fallen world. God controls its intensity and duration so that we can recognize, confess, and renounce those things that obscure Christ's character in us.

We also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance.

Romans 5:3

The gem of Christlike character is formed by pressure and refined by friction.

De Haan

Heaven

Old 04-12-2006, 06:15 AM   #1142
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 12th

"Spirituals."

This favorite hymn comes from the rich American spiritual tradition, probably developed in the early 1800s by African-American slaves. As in most spirituals, the words are simple, seizing on one central theme or concept.

Were you there when they crucified my Lord? Were you there when they crucified my Lord? O! Sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble! Were you there when they crucified my Lord?

Were you there when they laid Him in the tomb? Were you there when they laid Him in the tomb? O! Sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble! Were you there when they laid Him in the tomb? Were You There?

As his body was taken away, the women from Galilee followed and saw the tomb where they placed his body. Then they went home and prepared spices and ointments to embalm him. But by the time they were finished it was the Sabbath, so they rested all that day as required by the law.

Luke 23:55-56

We hear the nails pounded into the cross, we see the onlookers wagging their heads, we smell the burial spices, and we feel the rumble of the stone rolling away. And we tremble… tremble… tremble.

Mark Norton and Robert Brown

Heaven

Old 04-12-2006, 02:03 PM   #1143
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Praise The Lord

Hev.. your posts is always easy to read i learn a lot stuff i dont know like the opening of your message I WAS NOT UNWARE OF THAT Thanks PRAISE THE LORD FOR HE IS WORTHY TO BE PRAISED AMEN!!! I WILL PRAISE THEE O LORD WITH MY WHOLE HEART I Will SHOW FORTH YOUR WORKS I WILL BE GLAD AND REJOICE In Thee I Will Sing Praise To To Thy Name O Thou Most High When Mine Enemies Are Turned Back They Shall Fall And Perish At Thy Presence For Thou Has Kept My Right And My Cause Thou Satest In The Throne Judging The Right Thou Hast Rebuked The Heathen Thou Hast Destroyed The Wicked Thou Hast Put Out Their Name Forever O Thou Enmey Destructions thou hast destroyed cites their memorial is pershied with theme BUT THE LORD SHALL ENDURE FOREVER He Hath Prepared His Throne For Judgement The Lord Also Will Be A Refuge For The Oppressed A Refuge In Times Of Trouble And They That Know Thy Name Will Put Their Trust In Thee For The Lord Has Not Forsaken Theme That Seek Thee Sing Praise To The Lord That Dwells In Us When He Makth The inhquisition for blood he remembereth theme he fogets not the cry of the humble have mercy upon me lord consider my trouble which i suffer of theme that hate me thou that lifts me from the gates of death that i may show forth all thy praise , Pslam 9.1.14 For With God All Things Are Possbile AMEN
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 04-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #1144
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Just wanted to tell yall that I really enjoy reading your posts in this thread.
Learn something everyday almost. God bless and keep it up!

check out beliefnet.com for some daily guidance and stuff.

IN CHRIST WE HAVE---

A love that cannot be fathomed;
A life that can never die;
A righteousness that can never be tarnished;
A peace that can never be understood;
A rest that can never be disturbed;
A joy that can never be diminished;
A hope that can never be dissappointed;
A glory that can never be clouded;
A light that can never be darkened;
A happiness that can never be interrupted;
A strength that can never be enfeebled;
A purity that can never be defiled;
A beauty that can never be marred;
A wisdom that can never be baffled;
Resources that can never be exhausted.

Last edited by metalchris25 : 04-12-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:09 AM   #1145
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

It's great to hear from you both...

When I started Daily a few years ago at my http://p223.ezboard.com/bbordercross82885 board I never thought the response would expand into what it has... I now post Daily on 5 different boards and if I miss a day, I hear about it!!!

Thanx!

David

Old 04-13-2006, 06:10 AM   #1146
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 13th

"The final victory!"

The grave has been "boasting" of its power since Eden. But now it has finally met its match. It wraps Jesus up at the Cross and "forbids him to rise," but our Champion, Jesus Christ, fought and won. Where is your sting now, O Death? Christ has won the final victory.

We know that whatever boasting we do is not in ourselves, but in the power of Christ. He has won the victory, and now we're just soaring where Christ has led. We bask in the benefits of the Cross, and we look past the grave to our heavenly reunion with Him.

But the fact is that Christ has been raised from the dead. He has become the first of a great harvest of those who will be raised to life again.

1 Corinthians 15:20

Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia! Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia! Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia! Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, Alleluia!

Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia! Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia! Death in vain forbids Him rise, Alleluia! Christ hath opened paradise, Alleluia!

Soar we now where Christ has led, Alleluia! Following our exalted Head, Alleluia! Made like Him, like Him we rise, Alleluia! Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!

Christ the Lord is Risen Today; Charles Wesley ( 1707-1788 )

Heaven

Old 04-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #1147
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) It's great to hear from you both...

When I started Daily a few years ago at my http://p223.ezboard.com/bbordercross82885 board I never thought the response would expand into what it has... I now post Daily on 5 different boards and if I miss a day, I hear about it!!!

Thanx!

David

i,ll look over ya next time you miss a day
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 04-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #1148
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) April 13th

"The final victory!"

The grave has been "boasting" of its power since Eden. But now it has finally met its match. It wraps Jesus up at the Cross and "forbids him to rise," but our Champion, Jesus Christ, fought and won. Where is your sting now, O Death? Christ has won the final victory.

We know that whatever boasting we do is not in ourselves, but in the power of Christ. He has won the victory, and now we're just soaring where Christ has led. We bask in the benefits of the Cross, and we look past the grave to our heavenly reunion with Him.

But the fact is that Christ has been raised from the dead. He has become the first of a great harvest of those who will be raised to life again.

1 Corinthians 15:20

Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia! Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia! Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia! Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, Alleluia!

Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia! Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia! Death in vain forbids Him rise, Alleluia! Christ hath opened paradise, Alleluia!

Soar we now where Christ has led, Alleluia! Following our exalted Head, Alleluia! Made like Him, like Him we rise, Alleluia! Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!

Christ the Lord is Risen Today; Charles Wesley ( 1707-1788 )

Heaven

AMEN, GODS LOVE WILL REDEEM HIS PEOPLE ISA,43.2.4 When Thou Passest Through The Waters I Will Be With Thee And Through The Rivers They Shall Not Overflow hee When Thou Walks Through Fire Thou Shalt Not Be Burned Neither Shall The Flame Kindle Upon Thee Since Thou Wast Precious In My Sight thou hast been honourable and i loved thee therfore will i give men for thee and people for thy life
Old 04-14-2006, 06:08 AM   #1149
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 14th

"Just as Jesus' death pardoned my sin, his resurrection assures my future."

The Gospel story is pretty simple to understand. The grace of the Gospel is glorious to receive. The sacrifice of the Gospel is incomprehensible. The victory of the Gospel is life.

I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you... that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according Scriptures.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

This is the beginning of a new life as we stand again and again at the place where the gospel brings us.

Ray C. Stedman

Heaven

Old 04-15-2006, 08:01 AM   #1150
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 15th

“The skies have opened.”

I received the call at 3:00 am this morning… My best friend Bruce has finally gone home. His enduring battle with cancer came to an end, and he is now no longer in pain.

I wanted to thank each of you for your prayers over the past several years.

Even knowing this was inevitable I am still in shock and a lot of pain. I know it’s Easter and most will be quite busy, but if you could remember us in prayer; his family and friends, I would really appreciate the support through this difficult time.

Isaiah 43;1-3

But now, thus says the Lord who created you; Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name and you are mine.

When you pass through the water, I will be with you; In the river you shall not drown. When you walk through fire, you shall not be burned; The flames shall not consume you.

For I am the Lord your God, your Saviour. This is the Word of the Lord.

Psalm 23;1-6

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Thanks,

David

Old 04-16-2006, 12:38 AM   #1151
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Amen I Will Hev yes it gets busy around the holiday seasons but i cant think of more better way to spend it With Prayer Without A Ceasing AMEN sometimes it takes the Lord a while to get,er done and it seems like we wither in the wait and process AMEN but we serve a perfecting GOD A God That Is A God Of Perfection, psalm 130 5.6 I Wait For The Lord My Soul Doth Wait And His Word Do I Hope My Soul Waiteth For The Lord More Than They That Watch For Morning I Say More Than They That whatch for morning
Old 04-16-2006, 07:47 AM   #1152
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Easter 2006

"He is risen!"

The foundation of Christianity is the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The apostle Paul tells the Corinthian church that without belief in this primary tenet of our faith, then our faith is in vain. Since we believe in Jesus’ bodily resurrection from the grave after His crucifixion, then we also believe in the promise of our bodily resurrection into eternity. The alternative is to believe in nothing that is real, nothing that is hopeful or redeeming. We cannot separate these truths. Jesus is the first fruits of those raised from the dead. When Paul says this in verse 20, he uses a verb tense in the Greek that means Jesus not only was raised but is still alive. He lives forevermore.

1 Corinthians 15:12-28

15:12
But tell me this – since we preach that Christ rose from the dead, why are some of you saying there will be no resurrection of the dead?
15:13
For if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised either.
15:14
And if Christ was not raised, then all our preaching is useless, and your trust in God is useless.
15:15
And we apostles would all be lying about God, for we have said that God raised Christ from the grave, but that can't be true if there is no resurrection of the dead.
15:16
If there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised.
15:17
And if Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless, and you are still under condemnation for your sins.
15:18
In that case, all who have died believing in Christ have perished!
15:19
And if we have hope in Christ only for this life, we are the most miserable people in the world.
15:20
15:21
So you see, just as death came into the world through a man, Adam, now the resurrection from the dead has begun through another man, Christ.
15:22
Everyone dies because all of us are related to Adam, the first man. But all who are related to Christ, the other man, will be given new life.
15:23
But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised first; then when Christ comes back, all his people will be raised.
15:24
After that the end will come, when he will turn the Kingdom over to God the Father, having put down all enemies of every kind.
15:25
For Christ must reign until he humbles all his enemies beneath his feet.
15:26
And the last enemy to be destroyed is death.
15:27
For the Scriptures say, "God has given him authority over all things." (Of course, when it says "authority over all things," it does not include God himself, who gave Christ his authority.)
15:28
Then, when he has conquered all things, the Son will present himself to God, so that God, who gave his Son authority over all things, will be utterly supreme over everything everywhere.

Happy Easter Gang!

Heaven

Old 04-17-2006, 12:49 AM   #1153
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Amen!!!!

PRAISE THE LORD. For He Is Worthy To Be Praised As We Have The Reasurance Of The LIVING GOD....Beautiful message hev Gods Care Of His Redeemed thus saith the Lord in An Aceptable time i heared thee and in the day of salvation have i helped thee and i will preserve thee and give thee for a covenant of the people to establish the earth to cause to inherit the desolate heritages that thou mayest say to the prisoners go forth to theme that are in darkness show yourselves they shall feed in the ways and their pastures shall be in all high places they shall not hunger nor thirst neither shall the heat nor sun smite theme for he that hath mercy on theme shall lead theme even by the springs of water shall he guide theme and i will maker all my mountains a way and my highways shall be Exalted, sing o heavens and be joyful o earth and break forth into singing o mountains for the lord hath comforted his people and will have mercy upon his afflicted Isa 49 8.13
Old 04-17-2006, 06:31 AM   #1154
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 17th

"Power!"

We love power. We love the sound and fury of power. We love the ability to change things that power brings. But the greatest power ever unleashed on this earth was the power displayed when the Almighty God held back his power while his Son was persecuted and murdered so we could be saved. Now that's an awesome display of power.

The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:18

Now is our chance to choose the right side. God is holding back to give us that chance. It won't last forever. We must take it or leave it.

C.S. Lewis

Heaven

Old 04-18-2006, 06:10 AM   #1155
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 18th

"Jesus is Lord. I know it sounds sweet in your ears so I say it again, Jesus is Lord!"

Imagine Jesus being proud of you! He said if we confess him before others here on earth, he will speak up for us in heaven. Confessing that Jesus is Lord is simply acknowledging the truth. But for believers, it is more than that, since at the close of time every knee will bow and every tongue confess his name. For us, confessing Jesus is anticipating his triumph in which we will share.

If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Romans 10:9-10

If Christ is the wisdom of God and the power of God in the experience of those who trust and love him, there needs no further argument of his divinity. Praise The Lord!

Henry Ward Beecher

Heaven