++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 12-15-2004, 12:10 AM   #1
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
This Is Sad

I have a 5 year old son who loves to sing. You should hear him sing Open Your Eyes, and even Bullets, he's great. He came to me before taking him to school yesterday and said Dad, I don't want to be a rock star anymore. I asked him why and he replied that he didn't want to get shot.....5 years old and paying attention to the news already, I was just floored that they really affected him about Dimebag. Our country and our world need prayer.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:33 AM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Oh wow, Mr. TN, that is indeed so sad. As kids we were pretty much shielded from the bad stuff until about age 10 or so. I feel for your son.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:33 AM   #3
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
OMG dude! That is freaking sad. This world is really pathetic. Maybe, somehow, someday, things will even out.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 12-15-2004, 02:59 AM   #4
Trimontana
USER INFO »
MrTN.....i feel sad too. Itīs a shame that a 5 years old kid realizes already about death and cruelty in this world instead of living in a perfect world full of toys and fantasy. Donīt live your son stopp singing AB, please, he could be the next Myles Kennedy new generation. I would like to see him singing, he must be awesome.

http://img.123greetings.com/thumbs/e...05-04-1021.gif

Last edited by Trimontana : 12-15-2004 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:06 AM   #5
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Man, It's a sad world we live in when our own children dont want to be musicians for the fear of being shot on stage. I have a 2 year old that sings open your eyes (it's so cute) and if he one day said that to me, i dont know how i would feel because i do want to make it in the music industry, and i know i dont want my son seeing the music industry like that. I think that as parents, we should make it clear to our kids that being a musician doesnt mean you will get shot, and weather you like it, people will love you or hate you, and you just have to go on knowing that what you are doing is making a difference. I feel for you Mr.CreedFreakTN

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 12-15-2004, 09:41 AM   #6
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Tracey, I'm sorry about that. I often wonder if I'm sheltering my two girls too much, keeping them in the dark about too many things. They don't really know much about Sept. 11 or why their dad is in Kuwait right now. I'm just afraid that if they know all the true details, they'll be afraid to walk out the door. I know sometimes that's how I feel. But then I hear things like this and KNOW that I'm doing the right thing by keeping things from them.

When we were in NYC last month, our hotel was right down the street from a firehouse on 38th St. and my daughter was reading the plaque they have outside. She said "Mommy, look. All those firemen died on the same day. 7 of them were killed on Sept. 11. That must've been a pretty big fire". I cautiously explained to the kids about the bad men taking planes and hurting many people with them, but I tried to make it sound to them that we were all safe because of people like their dad helping to keep us safe. After that, Amanda's been saying I'm scared daddy's going to get fired. I asked her if she meant fired from his job? And she said, no, fired by a plane. It's so scary.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-15-2004, 10:47 AM   #7
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Teri,

That is very tough as well. I guess the only thing we can do is to encourage them and help them feel safe, and most importantly to pray for them. My children are so important to me, I feel sometimes I'm not always the best dad, but I try. I've encouraged him to continue singing. He told me today he decided he wanted to be a garbage man. I asked why and he said so he could get the good toys. He then informed me when I was taking him to school he wants to play football for the Tennessee Titans, As bad as were playing now I don't think it'll hurt. I told him not to let the actions of some disturbed man keep him from being a singer. We'll see......
Old 12-15-2004, 10:48 AM   #8
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Thank you everyone for posting...........
Old 12-15-2004, 11:35 AM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Man, this just makes my heart sink. There seems to be so little optimism left in this world, and it's not hard to see why. This world does need some serious help.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:11 PM   #10
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Tracey,
I'm sorry that your son is afraid from what happened to Dimebag! This world is a very devastating place sometimes full of harsh and cruel people. I hope that God will help us get through!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 12-15-2004, 02:51 PM   #11
titan9
USER INFO »
Wow, that's tough. Kids these days know so much more than kids did a decade ago. It's all over the news and it's hard to just shield them from that. You can only do the best job possible. It's great that you're still encouraging him to sing, though. I'm thankful my 4 year old niece hasn't heard about what happened to Dimebag. She loves singing, especially Creed or AB songs, and I'm sure if she knew what happened, she would have reacted the same way as your son. I'm afraid of where this world is heading, but God willing, things will get better.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!