++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-17-2004, 06:15 PM   #1
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Next Single!!!!!!

hey guys the next single is Find the Real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here or
here is the link, scroll down to the bottom of the second and vote for them and submersed

Last edited by Alter Shredder : 10-17-2004 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:54 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That is awesome. I was hoping they'd pick a more rockin' tune for the next single. I hope these are available to buy at some point! Thanks for the info, Alter Shredder!

Last edited by Dogstar : 10-17-2004 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:38 PM   #3
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Um, sorry guys, but this doesn't mean that this is the next single. Program directors for radio stations can play whatever they want. One of my local stations had the Creed song "Weathered" on a similar poll/countdown just like this, and that wasn't a single. I have also heard "Faceless Man, Are You Ready?, and several other Creed songs on the radio that were not singles. It is a little too early for an official single to be announced, so don't get too excited. I also think this is a poor choice for the next single (IMO).

Proof of what I mean: look at the bottom. "Dirty Little Thing" is not the new Velver Revolver single either. "Fall to Pieces" is in the middle of it's heavy rotation, and will most likely be followed by "Superhuman" as the next single.
http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/148...headlines=true

Last edited by Hellboy : 10-17-2004 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:52 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hmmm, I thought Weathered was a single... and program directors don't always get to play what they want, especially if their stations are owned by ClearChannel or Infinity or some other huge corporation. The playlists are often dictated by corporate and/or other *financial considerations*. That's why you hear the same songs on multiple stations across the country. In any event, it's cool that it's getting some play, even though I don't listen to the radio.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:00 PM   #5
EvenStream
USER INFO »
I think FTR would be a good next single
Old 10-17-2004, 08:05 PM   #6
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) Um, sorry guys, but this doesn't mean that this is the next single. Program directors for radio stations can play whatever they want. One of my local stations had the Creed song "Weathered" on a similar poll/countdown just like this, and that wasn't a single. I have also heard "Faceless Man, Are You Ready?, and several other Creed songs on the radio that were not singles. It is a little too early for an official single to be announced, so don't get too excited. I also think this is a poor choice for the next single (IMO).

Proof of what I mean: look at the bottom. "Dirty Little Thing" is not the new Velver Revolver single either. "Fall to Pieces" is in the middle of it's heavy rotation, and will most likely be followed by "Superhuman" as the next single.
http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/148...headlines=true
umm Are you ready and weathered were singles, and i think faceless man was too....and if you look at the first link, it says new music, as in new songs that are starting rotation...and even if it is only a dj deal, they still have to get clearance to play that song which kinda leads me to believe, that this is the new single.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:07 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hellboy, what would you choose as the next single?
Old 10-17-2004, 08:35 PM   #8
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Alter Shredder) umm Are you ready and weathered were singles, and i think faceless man was too....and if you look at the first link, it says new music, as in new songs that are starting rotation...and even if it is only a dj deal, they still have to get clearance to play that song which kinda leads me to believe, that this is the new single.

You are right Alter Shredder. Click here: http://www.passionbreedsfollowers.co...cography.shtml

And "Find The Real" IS THE SECOND SINGLE. I know someone in a Louisiana Radio Station that already told me is the second single.

I wonder about the video for this single????? I canīt wait to see it.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:45 PM   #9
AndrewFromABRox
USER INFO »
Omg i'm almost shaking, lol this is AWESOME!!!! They acually listened to their fans which is great, i plan this song will be HUGE among rock purists, if they would have done DTML like Mark wanted i think it would be an awful mistake, next they need to do Metalingus, or ODR because neither sound like Creed.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:46 PM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Right ON, Andrew. They need to establish THEIR sound.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:12 PM   #11
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by AndrewFromABRox) Omg i'm almost shaking, lol this is AWESOME!!!! They acually listened to their fans which is great, i plan this song will be HUGE among rock purists, if they would have done DTML like Mark wanted i think it would be an awful mistake, next they need to do Metalingus, or ODR because neither sound like Creed.

Andrew, i donīt try to upsed you but the 3rd single will be "Broken Wings" and the 4rd "In Loving Memory". I have good resources....
Old 10-17-2004, 09:37 PM   #12
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
DOGSTAR: I think One Day Remains would be a great second single. I think Metalingus would as well, but the name pretty much rules that out.

If Trimontana is right about the 3rd and 4th singles, those are the perfect choices.

And no, Weathered, Are You Ready, and Faceless Man were not singles in the US. One or two of those might have been singles in other countries.

Also, Alter Shredder, in your second post you admitted FTR may not be the official second single yet, but your first post was very assertive that it was. I just wanted to make clear that there has been nothing official yet.

Last edited by Hellboy : 10-17-2004 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:57 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Can't argue with ODR for a single, but I like FTR better .
Old 10-17-2004, 10:53 PM   #14
Trimontana
USER INFO »
For the video for FTR check at www.launch.yahoo.com
in the next few weeks. Maybe the will record the video before the European tour.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:26 PM   #15
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Actually, yes, Weathered and Are You Ready were both singles in the US. If I remember correctly, Are You Ready reached #5 on the Modern Rock charts. I can't remember exactly where Weathered peaked. But, yes, they were US singles.