++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-27-2010, 02:21 AM   #31
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed Live UStream in Nashville (7/26)

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) and yes they would be negative lol but I'll keep quiet this time.
No, go ahead. Please.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:05 AM   #32
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Rockline link for those who want it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qk7hd2lv5xwcv2n

@nagpo I say this out of concern... the performance was embarrassing and hard to listen to... I understand Scott is going through a rough time with his voice but man it was tough. I had my cousin here who hasn't heard them live in a while & even he was shocked plus couldn't stop laughing at how bad it was. I think number 1 problem is... they need a click track, Flip is getting worse every time I hear him... such sloppyness on his part. The only positive I took from the concert was Stapp was holding notes better & at times he sounded like his old self (What If is a good example) BUT the downside is the pitchy-ness/hoarseness still remains and he can't sing a grueling set like that anymore especially since the guys are rushing like no tomorrow (plus cigs) ...you could tell he was struggling. Anyway enough rambling... for those about to flame me & say well DON'T LISTEN THEN! I say screw you... if you can't hear what's going then you're either tone deaf or oblivious. I actually care about the guys and how they're perceived but I'm not delusional enough to think they're playing up to their potential now... it's called honesty & I think the guys would respect that.

One Nation. Indivisible.

Last edited by Dark_Knight : 07-27-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #33
BSC
USER INFO »

^ You are right, but the guy has improved alot since 2009. As much as I respect your opinion, that peformance was so much better than anything in 2009, take away the technical issues.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #34
rangers41394
USER INFO »

both jared and BSC are right...he did sound much better than last years tour...keep in mind he also just recorded that new song the past few days so his voice was prob not in tip top shape...i think he was just tryin to sing his heart out at that concert to show he can still sing...he needs to manage his vocals throughout the concerts of this tour so it can last and sound great throughout the concert cuz u can see a few songs in he starts to struggle...now yes it was embarressing i think jared that one of the most popular bands in the past decade sounded like that...i can understand how some people can just watch it and laugh cuz they prob havent heard stapps voice in awhile..so old fans basically expect 2002 scott....it was also embaressing how he forgot lyrics in overcome and suddenly...but in suddenly there was definitely sound issues and technical issues ran throughout the show...u can tell stapp was unhappy with how the sound was..however hopefully they can work out these kinks before tomorrow
Old 07-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #35
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

I never said he didn't sound better... that's apparent, like I said he was holding notes better. I just wish he would just come out & speak on his vocal status instead of trying to cover it up... I would respect him a lot more for that.

Here's the show on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...D23B391CCBC3D1

One Nation. Indivisible.

Last edited by Dark_Knight : 07-27-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #36
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

I agree with you. I wonder if he has been told to not admit the problem? Maybe live nation or wind up don't want him to talk about it.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #37
BSC
USER INFO »

I don't see why he would tell everyone the problem. I just can't imagine him ever coming out and saying "Yeah, my voice isn't too great" that's gonna put off anyone who doesn't know Creed and is interested, or anyone about to book tickets for a concert.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #38
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by BSC) I don't see why he would tell everyone the problem. I just can't imagine him ever coming out and saying "Yeah, my voice isn't too great" that's gonna put off anyone who doesn't know Creed and is interested, or anyone about to book tickets for a concert.
It wouldn't be a matter of saying "Yeah I suck" lol it would be a matter of him explaining how is voice is holding up after the surgeries he's had & what his condition is now. If you noticed he has some sort of vocal spray on stage last night.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #39
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) Rockline link for those who want it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qk7hd2lv5xwcv2n

@nagpo I say this out of concern... the performance was embarrassing and hard to listen to... I understand Scott is going through a rough time with his voice but man it was tough. I had my cousin here who hasn't heard them live in a while & even he was shocked plus couldn't stop laughing at how bad it was. I think number 1 problem is... they need a click track, Flip is getting worse every time I hear him... such sloppyness on his part. The only positive I took from the concert was Stapp was holding notes better & at times he sounded like his old self (What If is a good example) BUT the downside is the pitchy-ness/hoarseness still remains and he can't sing a grueling set like that anymore especially since the guys are rushing like no tomorrow (plus cigs) ...you could tell he was struggling. Anyway enough rambling... for those about to flame me & say well DON'T LISTEN THEN! I say screw you... if you can't hear what's going then you're either tone deaf or oblivious. I actually care about the guys and how they're perceived but I'm not delusional enough to think they're playing up to their potential now... it's called honesty & I think the guys would respect that.
got time for i agree with ya Dk, There Really Is No Way To Sugar Coat And White Whash A HARD, sitution, scott is and moving speed of being under pressure, all the time, there is a lot of divison going on, most others a good majortiy could,nt withstand many changes swiftly and fast as these guys have had it, they would either quit, or do something else, but they are holding and keeping moving and get out their to the fans, and singing what creeds all about, .....and im proud of,em it being so early in the tour, scotts voice will come back, its early still ,
BLESSINGS AND STRENETH, to the guys in jesus name, with so many projects going on the creed acoustic album was a great idea, then stapps solo project, hopefully his voice heals through, this tour, and albums..... ROCK ON DK, thanks for posting your thoughts,
Old 07-27-2010, 11:57 PM   #40
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) It wouldn't be a matter of saying "Yeah I suck" lol it would be a matter of him explaining how is voice is holding up after the surgeries he's had & what his condition is now. If you noticed he has some sort of vocal spray on stage last night.

I noticed the spray at the NASCAR show. He was using it after most of the songs. I guess he figures explaining it would do more harm than good.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #41
lmaiello
USER INFO »

Stapps getting fat! I prefer the bald thinner look
John 3:16
Old 07-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #42
troyhackney
USER INFO »

I also noticed that he was using the spray at the NASCAR concert as well. He used it more and more as the concert progressed.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #43
troyhackney
USER INFO »

Just to add a little more: I also think that Scott's voice is doing much better than last year. As far as Scott getting fat, he was at his "biggest" when the band (and his voice) was at the top. Maybe a bigger Scott is a good sign? I can't wait until the Raleigh show at the end of August.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #44
knicks5171
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by troyhackney) Just to add a little more: I also think that Scott's voice is doing much better than last year. As far as Scott getting fat, he was at his "biggest" when the band (and his voice) was at the top. Maybe a bigger Scott is a good sign? I can't wait until the Raleigh show at the end of August.
I disagree with that. He started getting fat before their breakup. If you look at shows such as wood stock in 1999 you will see that he is infact extremely thin during shows while as the years went on he seemed to gain more and more weight.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #45
nagpo
USER INFO »

nvrmind

Last edited by nagpo : 07-28-2010 at 08:58 PM.