++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-01-2004, 06:44 PM   #16
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Metallica has worst album yet gets second best metal album? What the hell is going on where is the kudos for Sevendust here? Man when you get no.2 when your not doing anything I guess it shows our boys really are loved or hated. The Strokes don't deserve to be either, sure they are not the best band of all time but they write catchy songs.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:47 PM   #17
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) The Strokes don't deserve to be either, sure they are not the best band of all time but they write catchy songs.
that's your opinion... but remember this is GUITAR WORLD..... majority of them dont give a shit about catchy songs... they're into GUITARS

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-01-2004, 07:55 PM   #18
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB) that's your opinion... but remember this is GUITAR WORLD..... majority of them dont give a shit about catchy songs... they're into GUITARS

okay fair enough then how did Dave Grohl get best guitarist? He is a good guitarist but come on there are much better players out there!
Old 01-01-2004, 07:59 PM   #19
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) okay fair enough then how did Dave Grohl get best guitarist? He is a good guitarist but come on there are much better players out there!
i completely agreee.... see... half of the readers are metal solo kings... the rest are punks that dont know shit about guitars....lol... that's why the read guitar world... to become the Solo kings when they get older...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-01-2004, 08:13 PM   #20
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB) i completely agreee.... see... half of the readers are metal solo kings... the rest are punks that dont know shit about guitars....lol... that's why the read guitar world... to become the Solo kings when they get older...

okay i agree he's a great drummer but probably at the same standard as Jack White with an axe in hand When does Guitar World give their next guitarist of the year? Tom Morello will probably get it again, hopefully Tremonti the year after.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:28 PM   #21
lifelovesoul
USER INFO »
That's just an absolute outrage.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:36 PM   #22
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed) Hers all I have to say on that one

SUCK IT!!!
yep girlfriend that about raps it up man they suck
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-01-2004, 11:06 PM   #23
jma91
USER INFO »
How ridiculous is this?

Since I am mostly a lurker, I thought this would be a good one for my first post. I read this article this morning on Yahoo news and was fuming to my husband. He is not a Creed fan, but even he thought they shouldn't have been on this list.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:35 PM   #24
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
I think it's rediculous too, even the chicago lawsuite was very much rediculous.

But, go to the guitarworld MB and post anything in the slightest bit related to creed and you will get a barage of replys like hell. 99.9% of the poeple over there HATE creed, and I mean HATE them. Much like any common pearl jam board.

Even the people that side with creed or anything creed related will be subjectted to all types of childish insults.

Hey, at least creed, a band that is QUESTIONALBLY still around is getting some sort of recognition, it's not good. But like they say, bad recognition is better then no recognition. I'm interested to see how marks new band will be like with out stapp, and I bet any of you 100$ that it will get 10 times the respect creed EVER had. Let's be honest and even for some of you stapp nuts. Most if not all the hate creed got was because of stapp. When you have a singer like stapp fronting a band, your almost begging to get shit.

It's just a stupid ass poll, and polls are not exactly something to put much into. In metal edge creed were voted worst band, but tremonti was voted one of the best guitar players and weathered I think was album of the year.

There's my input. Pisses me off a bit.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:38 PM   #25
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed) Holy Crap People actually like Hilary Clinton

Must be drugs
Exactly, I'll probably kill myself if she ever becomes president. I'd rather NOT go through the whole Bill and Monica thing again. If you know what I mean!
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 01-01-2004, 11:50 PM   #26
cjme
USER INFO »
musicmind.....it's clear you have no thing for Stapp. Could you explain what exactly you don't like about him and how you can form an opinion without knowing the guy? "With a front man like stapp, you're almost begging to get shit". What's that all about?
Old 01-01-2004, 11:54 PM   #27
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) Exactly, I'll probably kill myself if she ever becomes president. I'd rather NOT go through the whole Bill and Monica thing again. If you know what I mean!

Ya no doubt
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 01-01-2004, 11:58 PM   #28
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Well, Creed has stayed popular since MOP came out. The radiostations still play them pretty heavy, and many people still like them, as we can tell by how many people there are on this board! Most of the bands get popular for a year or two, then next thing you know, they are hated by their own so-called fans. (Sure glad I don't do that) Popularity is the thing. Take a look at bands like, uhh, the spice girls, lol (actually, I've never listened to them. I always wondered who they were when my friends talked about them, sooo) Well, they were popular for like a year, and my friends loved them, and then all the sudden I remember one of them saying they broke the cd up and fed it to her neighbor's dog. So, Creed hasn't done so bad. I know I still love them!
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 01-02-2004, 12:01 AM   #29
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by cjme) musicmind.....it's clear you have no thing for Stapp. Could you explain what exactly you don't like about him and how you can form an opinion without knowing the guy? "With a front man like stapp, you're almost begging to get shit". What's that all about?
hey dont jump on MusicMind... i think Stapp is a Great writer... but i completely agree w/ Musicmind!!!!!!!!!!! I loves stapp's lyrics... but his personality... whether it really true or not.... can sometimes come off as arrogent.... i'm not saying he is... but that's what ppl see... it's not stapp's fault... he's shy and ppl misinterpret it... the same w/ his lyrics.... musicmind is simply making an observation from other people's point of view...

Jesus + Guitars = Life

Last edited by TremontiWanaB : 01-02-2004 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:07 AM   #30
cjme
USER INFO »
Hi TermontiWanaB..what you're saying is that musicmind is just being judgemental?