++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 12-28-2003, 11:01 AM   #46
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What a great story, whitebird. Thank you for sharing it with us. It reminds me of something my brother-in-law experienced a few years ago. He was driving home on the highway from a business trip and he came very close to having a serious accident with a tractor trailer truck. I don't remember all of the details but it was a very close call. The amazing thing was after this happened, he looked up towards the sky and he saw a big cross in the sky!!

Relearn Love
Old 12-28-2003, 05:11 PM   #47
whitebird
USER INFO »
Thanks for your support in regard to my story. I was truly wondering what response I would get. Sometimes people are freaked out by unusual happenings. My Mother keeps telling me to this day, "Don't tell people these things that happen to you, or they will think you're crazy".

I get great peace, believing that the people and animals that I have loved in my life, are still around me. People speak often of their guardian angels, I may have quite a few.

Sheila63, I liked you story about your brother-in-law. Perhaps he was watched over too on that day. I just wish that all people were brave enough to share the unusual things that happen in life. Perhaps we would all then realize that these things happen more often than we realize, and they are a normal, yet special part of our world.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:38 PM   #48
Sheila63
USER INFO »
You're welcome, whitebird. You're right, some people do react that way or kind of look at me funny when I tell them some of my experiences as well. To quote one of my favorite lines from the song, Weathered, "Believe what you will, that is your right." I truly feel that way myself. I tell a story as I see it and whether or not someone accepts or believe it is up to them.

As for my brother-in-law's experience, I believe he had a guardian angel watching over him that day and I'm very happy that he did.

Relearn Love
Old 12-28-2003, 07:59 PM   #49
whitebird
USER INFO »
Sheila 63, shortly after I found these balls of light in my pictures, I went to the local library seeking information. The first woman I approached wore a cross on a chain around her neck. As I explained what had shown up in my pictures, and asked her to help me find information on the subject, I also asked her if she wanted to see the photos. She actually backed away from me, repelled.

The second woman that I asked for help wore a symbol on a chain, that I did not know. She explained to me that she was a Pagan. She helped me find out information on the subject, and was kind and respectful of my feelings, not judging me.

I have always discribed myself as Christian, and more. I respect many people and their ways and beliefs. On that day, I myself was turned away by a person calling herself Christian, and helped by a Pagan.

Kindness is in the hearts of many, their beliefs may be different than my own, but I will give them respect for kindness.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:06 PM   #50
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) Kindness is in the hearts of many, their beliefs may be different than my own, but I will give them respect for kindness.

Well said, whitebird. I agree with you.

Relearn Love
Old 12-28-2003, 08:06 PM   #51
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Kindness is in the hearts of many, their beliefs may be different than my own, but I will give them respect for kindness.

That is so true, whitebird. I get so angry sometimes with supposed *religious* *God-fearing* types so exclusionary and judgmental in their thinking. I don't know. I guess I'm being judgmental with that statement, but I get so frustrated with people who immediately close their minds without getting all the facts first.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:27 AM   #52
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Wow, what an AMAZING story, whitebird! I love things like that, I love looking into the spiritual side of life. Thanks again for sharing that story!
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 12-29-2003, 04:35 AM   #53
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) Thanks for your support in regard to my story. I was truly wondering what response I would get. Sometimes people are freaked out by unusual happenings. My Mother keeps telling me to this day, "Don't tell people these things that happen to you, or they will think you're crazy".

I get great peace, believing that the people and animals that I have loved in my life, are still around me. People speak often of their guardian angels, I may have quite a few.

Sheila63, I liked you story about your brother-in-law. Perhaps he was watched over too on that day. I just wish that all people were brave enough to share the unusual things that happen in life. Perhaps we would all then realize that these things happen more often than we realize, and they are a normal, yet special part of our world.

Thank you. This meant a lot to me. It truely did mean a lot to me.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 12-30-2003, 06:18 PM   #54
whitebird
USER INFO »
Lady Valkyrie, you are very welcome.

If anyone would also like to share a true story about themselves, or someone close, please be brave. I think that it brings us all closer to hear about events that make a spiritual impact on our lives.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:22 PM   #55
whitebird
USER INFO »
When I told my story about the balls of light, I asked souldancer if she would please not respond, as I wanted to hear if anyone else would accept, or reject my experience. She has supported me thru several unusual stories, for which I thank her. She has been a kind heart, supporting many. I would like her to know that I appreciate the love that she have given on this board.

Many of us have experienced the loss of loved ones, and for me the belief that they are still with us is a spiritual connection with "The One".

I thank you for your posts, and hope to hear more.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:04 PM   #56
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Well, I'm not sure how to classify this story but I know it was a significant spiritual experience for me. It happened on a Saturday or Sunday morning back in December of 2001. The house was quiet, my sister that I live with was still asleep and I woke up and could tell just by looking out the window briefly that the sunrise was going to be beautiful. So I went out to the living room to get a better view. I've always loved sunrises. It was one of the most beautiful sunrises I had seen in a long time. The sky was filled with colors of blues, purples and pinks and everything was so peaceful and quiet. The only thing I noticed other than the beautiful sky was a few birds flying nearby and I was wishing I could be up there with them to enjoy the view even more. That morning just filled me with such a feeling of gratitude for the beauty of the world and all that God gives us. I just sat there and cried. Not because I was sad but because I was overwhelmed with being so thankful to see and experience that beauty. My heart just overflowed with gratitude. As I sit hear remembering that morning, tears still come to my eyes. I'll never forget that wonderful December morning.

Relearn Love
Old 01-03-2004, 03:50 PM   #57
whitebird
USER INFO »
Oh Sheila, what a beautiful moment discribed in your personal life story. Moments like that are so very rare, which makes them so extra special. I really like that one because I especially enjoy nature too. Thank you for telling it to us.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:40 PM   #58
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Thanks, whitebird. You're right, since then, I've only had one or two other experiences like that but I look forward to more.

Relearn Love